"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niqhtmare x

12-02-2012

they do exist at higher elos

they dont exist at lower elos though because people understand that if you truly belong at a higher elo, the fastest way to get there is by carrying with a different role
those people that dont belong at a higher elo, but THINK they belong at a higher elo, have the same mindset
hence, no support mains call the role at lower elos

Swerto

12-02-2012

I instacall support and then immediately regret it when I get a jackass of an ADC.

AnimusvsAnima

12-02-2012

I loooove playing Support. I'm not the greatest when under a lot of pressure, so being in a 2v2 lane helps me think.

I've got alright map awareness and do my job of peeling for my ADC in fights (depending on the support). And 4/4 of my placement matches so far this preseason, all with supports. 92 assists between them. :P

Sorry, had to brag a bit.

Supporting is a lot more fun. You're in the action a lot more, you just have to understand it like any other role.

Lord Angry

12-02-2012

I main leona. Hard to counter, great in teamfights.

Sasaeru

12-02-2012

I main support but as other people have said, at lower elo it is a lot easier to carry yourself up playing other roles.

ZettaFlower

12-02-2012

I like support! It's fun to heal people and uh... "babysit".

I just don't like it when I get blamed for everything. "OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL" ... Because my heal was on CD. >_>

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoweprinz View Post
they do exist at higher elos

they dont exist at lower elos though because people understand that if you truly belong at a higher elo, the fastest way to get there is by carrying with a different role
those people that dont belong at a higher elo, but THINK they belong at a higher elo, have the same mindset
hence, no support mains call the role at lower elos
The problem with this is that most people are not the same ELO in every role. It's yet another issue with the ELO system. I am far better with support than any other role. One of my friends is an awesome jungler, but put him in mid and he will feed copiously. Another can ADC super hard, but will not be of any use in any other role.

If we think about this as a sport for a second it makes no sense. In baseball, a midfielder is never asked to pitch, and his stats do not require him to do so. A quarterback does not have to play halfback sometimes in order for the team to have all bases covered. The fact that LoL requires every player to be good at every role simultaneously or be relegated to the dumpster of "bad player" is ludicrous. it's even acknowledged in the professional circuit. There is no such thing as a pro LoL player who plays every role; every pro has one position that they play exclusively and does that one very well. It should be the same for the rest for us.

Priestess Soraka

12-02-2012

I'm one of those players who calls support

Siyanor

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
There is no such thing as a pro LoL player who plays every role; every pro has one position that they play exclusively and does that one very well.

WTF are you smoking?

Tetramaster

12-02-2012

My support Main is taric.

I'll gladly pick support first if someone else wants to mid/top and I'm 1st/2nd pick so we can leave counterpicks open.

Sona's too squishy (has always been since before her last nerfs) and Soraka is too passive. I like Lulu, but I'm not very good with her. Blitz is very hit/miss so I avoid him even if he is open. Haven't tried Zyra or Fiddle support yet, but from what I've seen they seem strong.

I can't Janna at all. Tried it, decided not to bring it to ranked >.<