Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I get better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llevilboyll

12-02-2012

I was plat ap mid last season and now I can't seem to win at all seriously check out my lol king and tell me what im doing wrong I lose the majority of my games because of horrible players and trolls, so how can I get better? I dont know what to do anymore http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/97072#history (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lolking.net%2Fsummoner%2Fna%2F97072%23history)
I see people who play nothing but carrys and have a horrible k/d/a yet still manage to win the majority of their games.

Joe Krake

12-02-2012

kills aren't everything. Just win your lane and do what you can with your character. If you have a **** team then you're stuck with it.

llevilboyll

12-02-2012

I do most games I dont win every time but the majority then I go bot and smash bot then my team throws and we lose I cant stop people from getting caught and I cant keep them together

Buffalax

12-02-2012

I'm in the same boat. Last season, I oscillated around 1300 elo for a long time. I usually won if the rest of my team was doing well and lost if they weren't, so I think that was roughly my "actual" elo. This season, I made the mistake of playing a long string of games while tired, and my elo dropped. Since then, my elo has kept dropping, and the games seem to be getting harder. I just dropped below 1000 after a long string of losses, and I have no idea how to get better. Looking around the board, common suggestions seem to be:

*Learn more roles. But I'm already decent at four of the five roles, so I usually fill anyway.
*Don't rage, which I don't.
*Learn to roam. I'm working on this, but at these elos my lane opponent hardly ever roams either, so sticking to my lane shouldn't be a comparative disadvantage for me.
*Elo hell doesn't exist, but if this is true, I have no idea how to explain that 1000 elo games are more difficult to win than 1300 elo games.
*Ignore bad players. If I could put players on a "never team me up with this person" list, I would be out of elo hell in no time, but I really don't see how reducing in-game communication could ever help.

Long story short, last season I was able to identify what mistakes made me lose and what good plays made me win, so I like to think I was slowly getting better. This season, I'm losing far more often, and I usually can't point to any reason why. So does anyone have any tips/ideas that apply uniquely to low-elo games? Like, say "pick a durable adc because your allies can't protect you" or "always autolock a strong solo champ, no matter what lane you're in"?

llevilboyll

12-02-2012

Quote:
Buffalax:
I'm in the same boat. Last season, I oscillated around 1300 elo for a long time. I usually won if the rest of my team was doing well and lost if they weren't, so I think that was roughly my "actual" elo. This season, I made the mistake of playing a long string of games while tired, and my elo dropped. Since then, my elo has kept dropping, and the games seem to be getting harder. I just dropped below 1000 after a long string of losses, and I have no idea how to get better. Looking around the board, common suggestions seem to be:

*Learn more roles. But I'm already decent at four of the five roles, so I usually fill anyway.
*Don't rage, which I don't.
*Learn to roam. I'm working on this, but at these elos my lane opponent hardly ever roams either, so sticking to my lane shouldn't be a comparative disadvantage for me.
*Elo hell doesn't exist, but if this is true, I have no idea how to explain that 1000 elo games are more difficult to win than 1300 elo games.
*Ignore bad players. If I could put players on a "never team me up with this person" list, I would be out of elo hell in no time, but I really don't see how reducing in-game communication could ever help.

Long story short, last season I was able to identify what mistakes made me lose and what good plays made me win, so I like to think I was slowly getting better. This season, I'm losing far more often, and I usually can't point to any reason why. So does anyone have any tips/ideas that apply uniquely to low-elo games? Like, say "pick a durable adc because your allies can't protect you" or "always autolock a strong solo champ, no matter what lane you're in"?

Thats really how I feel, I don't know what to do anymore I roam I farm then were winning someone gets caught throws someone else gets caught throws I rarely ever get caught, but no one will listen to me so I dont know what to do