How do I get better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llevilboyll

12-02-2012

I was plat ap mid last season and now I can't seem to win at all seriously check out my lol king and tell me what im doing wrong I lose the majority of my games because of horrible players and trolls, so how can I get better? I dont know what to do anymore http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/97072#history
I see people who play nothing but carrys and have a horrible k/d/a yet still manage to win the majority of their games.

Joe Krake

12-02-2012

kills aren't everything. Just win your lane and do what you can with your character. If you have a **** team then you're stuck with it.

llevilboyll

12-02-2012

I do most games I dont win every time but the majority then I go bot and smash bot then my team throws and we lose I cant stop people from getting caught and I cant keep them together

Buffalax

12-02-2012

I'm in the same boat. Last season, I oscillated around 1300 elo for a long time. I usually won if the rest of my team was doing well and lost if they weren't, so I think that was roughly my "actual" elo. This season, I made the mistake of playing a long string of games while tired, and my elo dropped. Since then, my elo has kept dropping, and the games seem to be getting harder. I just dropped below 1000 after a long string of losses, and I have no idea how to get better. Looking around the board, common suggestions seem to be:

*Learn more roles. But I'm already decent at four of the five roles, so I usually fill anyway.
*Don't rage, which I don't.
*Learn to roam. I'm working on this, but at these elos my lane opponent hardly ever roams either, so sticking to my lane shouldn't be a comparative disadvantage for me.
*Elo hell doesn't exist, but if this is true, I have no idea how to explain that 1000 elo games are more difficult to win than 1300 elo games.
*Ignore bad players. If I could put players on a "never team me up with this person" list, I would be out of elo hell in no time, but I really don't see how reducing in-game communication could ever help.

Long story short, last season I was able to identify what mistakes made me lose and what good plays made me win, so I like to think I was slowly getting better. This season, I'm losing far more often, and I usually can't point to any reason why. So does anyone have any tips/ideas that apply uniquely to low-elo games? Like, say "pick a durable adc because your allies can't protect you" or "always autolock a strong solo champ, no matter what lane you're in"?

llevilboyll

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalax View Post
I'm in the same boat. Last season, I oscillated around 1300 elo for a long time. I usually won if the rest of my team was doing well and lost if they weren't, so I think that was roughly my "actual" elo. This season, I made the mistake of playing a long string of games while tired, and my elo dropped. Since then, my elo has kept dropping, and the games seem to be getting harder. I just dropped below 1000 after a long string of losses, and I have no idea how to get better. Looking around the board, common suggestions seem to be:

*Learn more roles. But I'm already decent at four of the five roles, so I usually fill anyway.
*Don't rage, which I don't.
*Learn to roam. I'm working on this, but at these elos my lane opponent hardly ever roams either, so sticking to my lane shouldn't be a comparative disadvantage for me.
*Elo hell doesn't exist, but if this is true, I have no idea how to explain that 1000 elo games are more difficult to win than 1300 elo games.
*Ignore bad players. If I could put players on a "never team me up with this person" list, I would be out of elo hell in no time, but I really don't see how reducing in-game communication could ever help.

Long story short, last season I was able to identify what mistakes made me lose and what good plays made me win, so I like to think I was slowly getting better. This season, I'm losing far more often, and I usually can't point to any reason why. So does anyone have any tips/ideas that apply uniquely to low-elo games? Like, say "pick a durable adc because your allies can't protect you" or "always autolock a strong solo champ, no matter what lane you're in"?
Thats really how I feel, I don't know what to do anymore I roam I farm then were winning someone gets caught throws someone else gets caught throws I rarely ever get caught, but no one will listen to me so I dont know what to do