Martian, The Arcane Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dagartru

03-28-2014

Martian, The Arcane Warrior
Primary: Fighter
Secondary: Mage

Name:  335231_voin_-laty_-mech_-shhit_1920x1200_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg
Views: 272
Size:  731.6 KB

Lore
There are few magic wielders who have learned to use the magical arts to augment their martial prowess, and Martian is the first in 500 years to learn to do so. These rare individuals, known as "Arcane Warriors" channel vast amounts of energy into their armor and weapons, allowing them to become nearly invincible on the battlefield. When Martian found out he wielded magic he was unimpressed and wanted to become something greater than your ordinary caster in the back line attacking from afar, he wanted to learn this ancient and forgotten technique of magic. Martian traveled to every corner of Valoran and every school of magic hoping to find some trace of the way of the Arcane Warrior but with every attempt he failed. When all hope seemed lost Martian heard of a secret area where magical storms run violently that may be the outcome of The Arcane Warriors, an ancient vacant area in Valoran. Many have been trying to explore this uncharted area of Ionia but Martian quickly without hesitation entered this enigmatic place and what he found was astonishing. Martian found out that 500 years ago the Arcane Warriors were once rulers of half of Ionia, one half being Arcadia and the others being Arcadia however, the ancient Ionians extinguished the Arcane Warriors for their unmatched power and conquered Arcadia, making the continent completely Ionian and destroying and then replacing the magical technique of the Arcane Warriors with this current technique of magic. After hearing of this injustice done to a once powerful and benevolent race Martian has swore to use this ancient art to launch a large scale war against Ionia, and as the overseer of this inevitable war he has joined the League of Legends - hoping to gain allies.

"The art of magic is a lie, we are the imminent corrections" - Martian, The Arcane Warriors

Bio
-Race: Human
-Origin: Ionia
-Alliance: Unknown
-Class: Mixture between an AP caster, fighter, and assassin
-Weapon: He uses an arcane lance-blade (Like J4's) and a shield
-Attack Type: Melee
-Energy Source: Mana

Stats
Health: 440(+85)
Health Regen: 7(+0.60)
Mana: 250(+38)
Mana Regen: 6(+0.5)
Range: 150(Melee)
Attack Damage: 52(+3)
Attack Speed: 0.630(+2.20%)
Armor: 17(+3.5)
Magic Resist: 30(+1.25)
Movement Speed: 350

Abilities

Name:  Magnetic_Aura.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.4 KB Innate - Arcane Blade
- Martian's abilities store arcane energy inside his blade for 3.5 seconds, causing him to deal additional magic damage on all basic attacks for the duration. Martian can store up to 4 stacks of arcane energy inside his blade and each stack increases the additional magic damage on-hit.
Type: Passive
Magic Damage On-Hit-1 Stack: 16/20/24/28/32/36/40(+12.5% AP)
Magic Damage On-Hit-4 Stacks: 64/80/96/111/128/144/160(+50% AP)

Name:  Lightning_Orb.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  4.2 KB Q - Omnipotent Blast
- Martian shoots an orb of arcane energy in a line, dealing magic damage to all struck enemies and lowering the magic resist of all affected enemies by 20% for 3 seconds.
Type: Pass-Through Linear Skillshot
Magic Damage: 70/105/140/175/210(+85% AP)
Range: 800
Mana: 60
Cool Down: 13/12/11/10/9 Seconds

Name:  Eruption.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  3.0 KB W - Arcane Quake
- After a 0.5 second delay a single-target area erupts, causing all enemies inside the 375-radius area to take magic damage and be silenced for 1.25 seconds.
Type: Ground-Targeted Area Of Effect
Magic Damage: 60/95/130/165/200(+80% AP)
Range: 550
Mana: 50/55/60/65/70
Cool Down: 14/13/12/11/10 Seconds

Name:  Storm_Djinn's_Haste.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  4.8 KB E - Majestic Haste
- Martian lunges at a single enemy unit, dealing magic damage and gaining a shield for 2.5 seconds. If this ability strikes an enemy affected by any type of controlling effect Martian will additionally gain bonus movement speed for the next 4 seconds.
Type: Single-Targeted Dash
Magic Damage: 60/90/120/150/180(+65% AP)
Shield Strength: 50/80/110/140/170(+30% AP)
Bonus Movement Speed: 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%
Range: 650
Mana: 60/70/80/90/100
Cool Down: 15 Seconds

Name:  Teinai's_Wind.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  3.6 KB R - Arcane Storm
- Martian surrounds himself with a 400-range vortex for 5 seconds, causing all nearby enemies to take magic damage every 0.5 seconds and granting himself bonus armor and magic resist for every enemy champion inside the vortex. Additionally each time the vortex damages an enemy champion the duration of Arcane Blade is refreshed.
Type: Point-Blank Area Of Effect/Self-Buff
Magic Damage Per 0.5 Seconds: 20/35/50(+7.5% AP)
Total Magic Damage-5 Seconds: 200/350/500(+75% AP)
Bonus Armor & Magic Resist-1 Champion: 10/13/16
Bonus Armor & Magic Resist-5 Champions: 50/65/80
Mana: 125
Cool Down: 100/80/60 Seconds

Dagartru

03-28-2014

bump

Viciousbunny3

03-28-2014

Thats a lot of regen for a lvl 1... he is going to be op early with lots of harass, but you definitely put a bunch of effort in this creation... Look at this art! I love this champion, and riot could easily work this in, due to your artwork, lore, abilities, and descriptions. Great work!

Dagartru

03-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viciousbunny3 View Post
Thats a lot of regen for a lvl 1... he is going to be op early with lots of harass, but you definitely put a bunch of effort in this creation... Look at this art! I love this champion, and riot could easily work this in, due to your artwork, lore, abilities, and descriptions. Great work!
Lowered his regens like you said, i agree they wee high.

Dagartru

03-28-2014

bump

Dagartru

03-28-2014

bump

Dagartru

03-29-2014

bump

HoneyRein

03-29-2014

bump

Dusk707

03-29-2014

Passive: That is a lot of damage for a passive. I understand you have to use all 4 of his abilities in order to achieve that amount of damage, but that would be easy to do post six. I would suggest toning back the AP scaling on it as the base damage is fine given lower scaling, maybe 5% AP, which would be 20% with four stacks. Building pure AP would still make this potent, but not over powered.

Q: Given the MR reduction on this skill I would suggest lowering the AP scaling on it. Two skills with 80% + AP scaling is too strong, given that both affect multiple targets. Otherwise this is a good skill.

W: Again, I would tone down the AP ratio on this skill. It has a high base damage and silences enemies for over a second, which is really strong.

E: Good gap closer skill with a decent amount of damage on it. I think that the shield is too much given that it does deal damage and can give an MS boost, which serves him better.

R: The end cool down is too low for the amount of hurt this skill deals. It deals a lot of damage, gives you a huge stat boost, and enables your passive, effectively extending its full stack duration if used at the end of a combo. That is a large benefit for you. With full CDR you would have this boost available every 36 seconds. 80 seconds, in my opinion, would be a better end point for cool down.

Draginath

04-04-2014

A bit of an odd champion. He's more or less in the same vein as Gragas in that he has plenty of poke but is going to being doing the most damage when getting into the fray. Not a whole lot to comment on because this is a fairly tame concept; very clear, simple and concise.

The two main gripes I have are:

1) His scaling: As Dusk said before me, his scaling is a bit high, especially given the fact that he has a mini void staff built into his kit. I think the base on his Q could be increased and the scaling reduced. On the same note, I think the shield on E needs to be more rewarding. 170 base with a 0.3 scaling on a 15 second CD is a bit underwhelming. At the same time, I don't think the damage portion of the ability should have damage scaling that is so close to Q and W.

2) His passive: It's an ability that encourages his to be spamming abilities, but the cooldowns on his abilities prevent him from keeping it stack in an meaningful capacity regardless of player skill. The only way to have 4 stacks is while his ultimate is up, which is good, but I feel his ultimate is the only time he'll really be benefiting from it. At the same time, I can see how it can make him deceptively bursty in certain situations which is an interesting mechanic, especially when itemizing AS. There are pros and cons, I guess.

All in all, this is a pretty solid concept. Well done.