Kha'Zix viable on SR.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Because SR is all about team fights, he will never get the chance to shine or use his passive as often as he would like. Which severely hurts his damage. I wouldn't call him overpowered, but he's pretty dam borderline. People just need to remember he has no steroid and doesn't benefit from crit, which will always hold a champ back late game.

But those spikes really should be changed to do magic damage, they are pretty insane at the moment.
Your comments here speak to Kha'Zix as an AD carry. He's not. Kha'Zix is an AD caster, similar to Pantheon... or Riven. They don't have steroids, or benefit from crit, but still manage to stay relevant.

Also, you're the second person to mention that Kha is unable to use his passive in teamfights... isn't that exactly what his ultimate is for? Assuming, of course, the enemy doesn't have stealth reveal. Someone raged at me for taking Kha top one game for the same reason and I've never felt it was a hindrance.

Orphane

12-02-2012

I assume when people talk about passive they usually mean Isolation, since that's the passive that's truly integral to his damage output.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Was there really a need to circlejerk about this? Kha'zix doesn't always perform well on SR because the role he usually performs leads to him being low-gold in comparison to everyone else in the game.
let's hand down an Sr logic at this

"Okay i have a champions that does Physical damage, is tremendously good at farming, has ludicrously low base armor and an expensive build, Let's send him jungle *genius*" its the same logic as people that sent AP elise mid then cried for Elise buffs at gd, Cattle Logic sux and it's not a secret right now and the pros who they bow and follow to the letter are a really small playerbase so it makes it harder for them to realize things early, looka t Jayce, it was a troll pick at sr until tsm decided to facestomp NA qualifiers with him, it didn't make them win any match on the international tournaments but the flame was already rised by then.

Redenbacher

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
I assume when people talk about passive they usually mean Isolation, since that's the passive that's truly integral to his damage output.
Doesn't matter to me, really. Unless it's a team full of bruisers you typically have at least one ranged trying to keep distance from the fight that is isolated, OR a bruiser going after one of your squishies that is isolated.

Obviously if someone is specifically going out of their way to prevent your isolation passive, that's a different story. I haven't had that issue yet.

MyDeadGrandma

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Your comments here speak to Kha'Zix as an AD carry. He's not. Kha'Zix is an AD caster, similar to Pantheon... or Riven. They don't have steroids, or benefit from crit, but still manage to stay relevant.
AD casters don't stay relevant (or at least their damage doesn't). That's part of the reason why they're getting new shinies in S3.

bierfaust

12-02-2012

Quote:

Also, you're the second person to mention that Kha is unable to use his passive in teamfights... isn't that exactly what his ultimate is for? Assuming, of course, the enemy doesn't have stealth reveal. Someone raged at me for taking Kha top one game for the same reason and I've never felt it was a hindrance.
I have no idea where you got "AD carry" from my statement about team fights. He is an AD caster assassin. His passive becomes more or less irrelevant for the majority of the team fight unless he is cleaning up. Yes, his ult does give him 2 shots of his passive on his Q but that is a joke, and quite honestly if he gets anywhere near someone he can kill in those 2 hits in order to leap away before dying, then that is a pretty garbage team he is fighting. As soon as he shows his face he will get stomped.

But anyway, the point I was making was that KZ, like all AD casters, become pretty much benign by lategame for the reasons you just mentioned. The only reason Pantheon and Riven stay relevant is because they have a stun, one of which is AOE, and they both hit multiple people with 1 ability, so in terms of total damage output they are already at least 2 times ahead of KZ, who can only hit one person with his Q, which is where most of his damage comes from.

He's not bad per say, but there are far better choices, like Rengar for example, who functions very similar, but has the benefit of a steroid on his Q so he can followup after the initial spike damage.

EDIT: FYI I like KZ and I hate SR.

Westlin

12-02-2012

Kha fills a rather unique role at the moment because other burst casters don't have the same mobility Kha has and it seems he truly shines at jumping into a fight and bursting a squishy down so he can get a reset on his jump which means he can either escape or jumping to the next target. With his ult he can stealth twice reseting his passive which doesnt decent damage on top of his q w and auto allowing him to clean up teamfights which has been highly sough after in the AP mid spot but there are really any top laners that can fill that role other than Kha which is where is viability has come from plus his ability to kill enemies in the jungle.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-03-2012

Kha'Zix is the reason I started playing SR again. The only problem is, I always play him as a jungler (too much dominion has destroyed my ability to last hit somehow, haha) and my team is always upset for not picking a "tanky" jungler.

Redenbacher

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
I have no idea where you got "AD carry" from my statement about team fights.
I got that idea when I interpreted your post as surprised by Kha'Zix lack of a steroid or crit, something common on ADC, but not on AD Caster.

Basically, I made a bad assumption - you clarified things nicely. Thank you.

Thankfully, on Dominion, I haven't had any issues with scaling in to late game. There's always been something fairly squishy for me to isolate and obliterate.

TT is a different story, however...

I can't speak to SR viability because I don't play it anymore.

bierfaust

12-03-2012

Quote:
I got that idea when I interpreted your post as surprised by Kha'Zix lack of a steroid or crit, something common on ADC, but not on AD Caster.

Basically, I made a bad assumption - you clarified things nicely. Thank you.

Thankfully, on Dominion, I haven't had any issues with scaling in to late game. There's always been something fairly squishy for me to isolate and obliterate.

TT is a different story, however...

I can't speak to SR viability because I don't play it anymore.
No proble, I was just scratching my head when I first read your post lol. I totally agree, KZ is fine on DOM, in fact, he is borderline OP in certain senarios, but then it's nice to finally have an assassin that can do his job, and survive at the same time. Not to mention he is extremely flexible and can slot in almost anywhere at any point in the game.

Makes a nice change from jumping in, getting a kill and then dying.