When to go into ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

All Hail Singed

12-03-2012

I would say jump right in. Yes you will lose lots of elo. Right now you are probably in the 900-1000 range. However, ranked is alot more competitive and has better players than normals. You will get better much quicker if you leran from your mistakes in ranked. Once you get better, your elo will rise, not to worry. 'ELO HELL' is just an excuse bad players make for their own mistakes and raging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gydeinn

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromancer View Post
i would recommend waiting, you should be able to play all lanes and know your counters and tactics.
i would also recommend learning how to support properly even though its not that pivotal of a role
the skills you gain will only improve your other positions.
I agree about the waiting part, but the fact that you think so poorly of support irks me. I run into this a lot and it just bugs me that people underestimate the role of support. A good support can help your team in team fights, but a great support will be able to feed your adc kills in laning phase, secure the ace in team fights, and will make sure that the team gets out with little to no casualties. I guess it could just be that I'm so sensitive because I used to main support, but you have no idea how many times a game that I have played has been thrown because the support either didn't know how to support or thought the role was so useless, he didn't get the necessary items (wards, aegis, etc.) that would make sure we won team fights.

Sorry for the rant, but geeze, have more respect for supports. They do a hell of a lot more than you think for little to no recognition.