What do u think? trolled?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piercedamage

12-02-2012

Hi my first time posting in forums so idk if this really goes here but in one dominion game (my first pvp game in the game mode), i was ryze and one other guy was amumu, and 3 guys went top then amu went down and i wasnt sure whether to follow him or not and i dont think anyone said to all go top or anything, then the amu was like "stop idiot" then i wanted to type "?" but i accidentally typed "u?" then he said "ur a fn ret*rd" and i realized it was my bad to type the u which made him say ret*rd but i dont understand ppl/trolls like this.. (I know there are ppl who will rage if u feed too much, not help them live, make wrong moves, etc, but in the beginning of the game calling me an idiot and a ret*rd just because i thought i was supposed to go bottom with him instead of top?) -.-. he prob had a smurf acc too cause he was lv 6

naotasan

12-02-2012

Wall of text - did not read.

NamKim

12-02-2012

Hello Piercedamage,

Most Dominion games will start off (and remain most of the game) with four going top and one going bot.

I can understand why you were confused since I originally thought it was three top (for the three top points) and two bot (for the two bot points). But after I played the game for awhile, it is a better idea to do four top, one bot.

I am sorry to hear your first PvP experience in Dominion went poorly. Don't let one bad experience ruin everything. You made an honest mistake, learn from it, and move on. Dominion, at the end of the game, is a game. When you get enough experience under your belt, then you can start playing competitively. But even then, it is not like you are playing for money. When you enter in a tournament with prizes, then that is a different story.

I will say that the Amumu should not have called you can idiot. Also, I am not sure the significance of you saying "u" means. You had no bad intention behind your words. If anything, Amumu should have said "Can you go top, I want to go bot." Even if Amumu thought you were being rude, he should have tried to be a bigger person and not called you a r*tard.

I would just report players like that and let the Tribunal handle them.

If you want to learn how to play Dominion properly, you can find some guides at DominateDominion.com. You can also post threads there. You might get the occasional downvote (which is odd considering you're asking an honest question), but you will also get those more experience players who gives honest feedback as well. I don't know these guys personally, but some of them are really cool people. Sauron and Nekrogen are incredibly helpful/funny. Naotasan is incredibly nice and pretty down-to-earth. FDru can be a little blunt, but he is very knowledgeable. I try to be very calm and understanding (although my playing skills are pretty bad). And a lot of other people I didn't list off.

Enjoy being part of the community.

Xurahan

12-02-2012

Excuse me for posting on a smurf account (I'm not on my computer), but I don't think you were trolled.
I believe the most popular dominion set-up is 4 people going top (one person stops to cap mid) and 1 person at bottom.

I think there was just bad communication between you and your teammates.
People can generally "guess" who's going bottom but at lower level games it's good to ask around and try to identify who is going where. You can -usually- achieve this with a short "Who's going bot?" into team chat.

Don't let the Amumu get to you, there are a lot of rude players in all online games.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-02-2012

My question is: why an Amumu would go bottom?

Tempestphile

12-02-2012

Welcome to League of Legends

In 99% of these cases, I hold tab and use the mute button (without saying anything) on the said individual

If he wants to take bot, just go top and proceed with the game. Play normally, gank if needed etc, do your best

SpatenMiinchen

12-03-2012

don't worry man - dominion is a fun game and keep at it. most people that play dominion are fairly chill and good spirited people . that was the draw for me and all the fun non stop action.

and don't worry about that amu being a dick. i spent an entire day trolling low level smurfs on an alt account with blitzcrank. resetting their blue buffs, missing pulls by 90 degrees and pulling amumus into the team. while doing my best to protect legit new players

Duelpower

12-03-2012

Wait for him to get smoked by a real bottom laner then go take bot from him lol.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Hi man, as everyone is saying how else would we learn if we didn't commit mistakes, there are plenty of guides out there but practice always makes the best teacher. in your case, Ryze and amumu can both go bot but as people already said more effective meta to the day remains 1 Bot , one caps the middle point between top and base then heads top and the rest head top as soon as they leave the base, Usually you'd want to send Amumu top and let ryze handle bot but that's depending on team comp, if you already have another tank top but lack ranged magic damage then ryze would be more than welcome top, just be sure to ask who's going bot in the pre-game chat and don't pay attention to those "top or afk" guys

@Spaten, can you do that in HoN please? the game is unplayable once you realize that when you queue you are praying to the seven gods of who knows where to be in the team that has the devourer and Anti-mage smurfs particularly the devourer smurfs,

Kyorg

12-04-2012

I think he was the ret*rd.