Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Client][Minor] Opening Shop Causes Slight Lag.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mibani

Recruiter

12-02-2012

As I said with the tittle, most of the time when you open the shop, there's a second in which the game freezes up- this might be due to the loading required for all of the elements, but there have been times when it has caused me issues.
I wanted to check the price of an item, I open the shop, and it lags out for a second, during this time I was pounced on by a team. This made me sad.

Just start a game and open your shop. It's most common on The Proving Grounds.

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-03-2012

Are you playing on windows or Mac? Try to repair your installation and if you are still getting the issue please upload your dxdiag and r3d logs

Instructions on how to get those, here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs).

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

12-03-2012

Mimini,

Does this only happen the first time you open the shop, or every time?

Mcdoogan

12-03-2012

I have a lower end PC and it happens every time I open it. I also have recently repaired the client (for another reason) and nothing changed. It is definitely something that doesn't happen on my live account.

Edit: Also, if you aren't at full health and you click on a potion in your inventory in the shop, it will sometimes consume it. I never came across that on Live either.

Mcdoogan

12-03-2012

Here are the files. If you need more let me know.

Bobomberman

12-03-2012

I've had this happen too, it happens quite often, like maybe every other back, and the lag can range from a hiccup to a 2 second delay. Haven't got the files but perhaps it happens when you're going back or something? I dunno.

Paertin

12-03-2012

Same thing happens to me, too. I, also, have a low-end computer and am on a Windows 7. I don't have DxDiag files or logs, but will try getting them.

MOSG

12-03-2012

I have a very high-end computer and they same thing happens to me the first time I open the shop. If I close it and open it immediately it doesn't happen again, but it will after awhile.

ScottyRawr

12-03-2012

Quote:
WhattayaBrian:

Does this only happen the first time you open the shop, or every time?

Everytime. It drops my FPS down a lot having it open -.-. On NA and PBE >.<. That, Settings Options, and minions/jungle creeps (only when they all target you though).

Nenkie

12-03-2012

I hate that, shop lags always.