How many bans til permabanned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exotic3s

12-05-2012

I have been banned I think three times how many more do I have til I am done?

Mordus Legion

12-05-2012

Well it took IWD what 8 or 9 bans? So you might have a while to enjoy trolling until you get permabanned and start all over again.

Exploding Barrel

12-05-2012

It generally goes warning, 3, 7, 14 days, permaban. Unless Riot staff audits find you particularly toxic and accelerate the process.

Exploding Barrel

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiff View Post
Well it took IWD what 8 or 9 bans? So you might have a while to enjoy trolling until you get permabanned and start all over again.
Many of his bans were before they shortened the process... like most pro players he plays on many accounts which spread them out. Riot found that most players who got banned 3 times didn't reform, so why allow 7 of them before permanently banning them? So he's not a great example of how it is currently.

Kirska

12-05-2012

Here's an idea. Don't be a jerk and you won't have to worry about it.

DiabolusReborn

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
Here's an idea. Don't be a jerk and you won't have to worry about it.
Theoretically, according to tribunal, if you're a jerk 5 times, even out of an unlimited number of games you will be permabanned. If you're a slightly mild jerk 0.00000000001% of the time you can still get permabanned. Because it only takes 1 scarcely, barely legitimate case to get banned.

gg Riot.

Parthonaxx

12-05-2012

How do they decide this? It seems a little strange that with 3 strikes you're out when those 3 strikes could have been spread out over a thousand games and a year of playing.

Essentaily what I'm asking is: Does the Tribuanl ever give any leniance?

For example if I got a warning from the Tribunal, and didn't do anything for 6 months afterwards, but the next case in was a punish, would I go straight to getting a ban? It doesn't seem to give much mercy.

Exploding Barrel

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolusReborn View Post
Theoretically, according to tribunal, if you're a jerk 5 times, even out of an unlimited number of games you will be permabanned. If you're a slightly mild jerk 0.00000000001% of the time you can still get permabanned. Because it only takes 1 scarcely, barely legitimate case to get banned.

gg Riot.
Yes, if you act up 5 times as well as receive a statistically impossible amount of false reports you can get permabanned. To date this has happened to zero of the 30 million players.

gg Riot!

DiabolusReborn

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Yes, if you act up 5 times as well as receive a statistically impossible amount of false reports you can get permabanned. To date this has happened to zero of the 30 million players.

gg Riot!
yes because no-one's played an unlimited amount of games. That was just an example. There'd be people with thousands of games under their belt that have been permabanned because they have made a total of 5 mistakes over a period of thousands of games over a period of a few years.

Exploding Barrel

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolusReborn View Post
yes because no-one's played an unlimited amount of games. That was just an example. There'd be people with thousands of games under their belt that have been permabanned because they have made a total of 5 mistakes over a period of thousands of games over a period of a few years.
No, there aren't. They have to get a high volume of reports based on the number of games played. So the more games they play, the less likely 5 reports will screw them over.