chasing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dowwnwind

12-02-2012

what draws people into 1v5 fights trying to get 1 kill after your team has already died?

why do junglers insist on turret diving bot lane in a 1v2, when both adc, and support are at their turret clearing creeps? (this pertains to passive laners turret hugging, because of an aggressive adc/support comp).

what is it about getting that one kill that people just feel the need to do this? is that one kill really that important?

id like to hear from people who actually do this, and have actually been yelled at for doing so.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-02-2012

Lack of skill. And I don't mean mechanical skill. I mean general game knowledge mostly. Part of being good at this game means knowing how to weigh risk/reward.

Dowwnwind

12-02-2012

point taken. just lost a game due to chasing. granted i couldve been a better mid, i was veiger vs diana, so i just turret hugged the whole phase, was only about 10 below her cs. then she started roaming around, id call my mia, but they would just chase her around bot lane anyway feeding her.

i probably should have followed her down there like that, but i just didnt see the point in running down there with no wards in the water, or no purple wards on bot lane for rengar. i had no idea where he was ever.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-02-2012

That's the problem with playing too passive. You let your lane opponent roam. You need to understand how to respond to a roaming lane opponent, especially if they're successfully ganking.

First off, invest in a ward or two yourself. It may set you back some gold, but if the end result is that your team wins, then what does it matter?

Second, shove the lane. I'm not familiar with Veigar myself, but generally speaking, if your lane opponent is leaving lane to roam and gank, you need to shove your lane under his turret. Last hit what you can, but what's most important is to get the enemy turret to start hitting your minions. If this happens, your lane opponent is losing gold and experience.

And there are different solutions to a roaming laner, so it's somewhat situational. Sometimes the best strategy is straight pressuring turrets (this is typically best in bot lane or as top lane as AD where you can actually dish a lot of damage to the turret). Sometimes the best strategy is to match up with them in the same lane. Sometimes you counter gank somewhere else. Sometimes go steal their buffs. Whatever you do, it's important to respond either by evening the odds where the gank is happening or by pressuring somewhere else.

Dowwnwind

12-02-2012

well after i got ganked, idid get a purple ward and placed it right in the center of the lane so i wouldtn get ganked again, and i didnt. when she would leave, i would push mininions but i guess not far enough. so many variables to how i couldve played differently, so ya, it is kind of my fault she got fed in another lane because she wasnt getting anything in hers. i guess i was just too worried about not knowing where rengar was. ill have to work on those things, thanks.

Lokiorin

12-02-2012

Ever played a game called Call of Duty?

A common flaw among newer (and some older) players in this game is this mentality that kills = skill = wins. Thats why you never hear pros complaining about KS'ing (kill stealing) because they understand that kills don't really matter. New players don't understand that this game doesn't really keep track of your KDA (or at least it doesn't mean anything) and that your win rate is much more valuable. You can go 10/0/0 every single game, but if you don't win... you are still a loser as far as LoL is concerned.

Dowwnwind

12-02-2012

absolutely right. last ranked game i played today i was teemo top lane vs pantheon, and pantheon being a bully, believe it that i was turret hugging, but what played into my favor was that he was pushing the lane the entire phase, so i was still abel to get farm. our xin jungle told me to stop playing lik ea ***** but i told him id rather play passive then feed, and in champ select i was told dont go teemo top, and in the game i was tol dby sona that atk speed/life steal is best for teemo because ap sucks.

they didnt say anything when i went 11/1/7 legendary status, and carried them, forcing the other team to surrender. what this game showed me is that early kills dont matter when you just focus on farm.