Need good rune built for AP Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolan

11-24-2009

Ok, just considering 1st investment in runes, as I am completely outmatched by runed champs .

I would like a build that works with guys such as Cho'Gath, Sion, and other AP Tanks, anyone got nice suggestions ?

Thanks to them, to the other who thought about it, and in fact to everybody :P

EDIT :

Bonus question, is it better to go for tier 1 runes and combine them into tier2, to gain more versatile runes, or going directly for pure t2 and then combining them is the cheap way ?

Edit 2 :

Just got my lvl 10, so stuck with tier 2 for the moment

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2009

Rylai's Staff and Rod of Ages are both good starting points. Also consider investing in a Chalice of Harmony early on. For Sion, since he gains Health automatically because of his abilities, you technically only need AP. For Cho'gath, you want a little of both. If you want to up the damage on either one, throw a Void Staff on top.

Karolan

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Rylai's Staff and Rod of Ages are both good starting points. Also consider investing in a Chalice of Harmony early on. For Sion, since he gains Health automatically because of his abilities, you technically only need AP. For Cho'gath, you want a little of both. If you want to up the damage on either one, throw a Void Staff on top.

Nice reply ..... Out of the subject, as I m asking for runes, but the tips are still appreciated .

Crazed

11-24-2009

"I'm The Senate and I just browse ispy without actually reading posts"

Well that's a little tricky, as AP tanks can either be built to focus on AP, HP, Resist, etc. In that case, I would go straight HP (as HP is pretty much never a bad choice)... possibly movement speed or XP quintessences if you think thats too boring.

M

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2009

Karolan - How much IP do you have to spend?
I've heard that Magic Penetration Runes + Magic Resist Runes are good with Quint Movespeed or Quit Dodge with Dodge Runes and Nimbleness defensive spec.
I play a support tank and focused on all mana regen per level, and I like that rune book build for almost any character.

Karolan

11-24-2009

3000 IP, give or take .

I play the available champs, don t want to buy some (i ll do this with cash on a trip to US), so all the IP will go to runes

nicosharp

11-24-2009

Id go for Mana regen then, or just browse for runes that are 205 for tier 3 if you are able to use tier 3s. as most other runes are just going to clean you out of all of your IP right now.. Some tier 3 Quints that are good for tanks are 2050 per. (IE quickness and Dodge Quints I believe are both 2050)

Also I found by testing, that you can have a net IP gain going from Tier 1 to Tier 2 runes, by buying a bunch of tier 1 runes at 15ip and combining them for 1 tier 2 rune. The Tier 2 Rune will always be worth more IP then the combined cost from the tier 1 runes.