Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need good rune built for AP Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolan

11-24-2009

Ok, just considering 1st investment in runes, as I am completely outmatched by runed champs .

I would like a build that works with guys such as Cho'Gath, Sion, and other AP Tanks, anyone got nice suggestions ?

Thanks to them, to the other who thought about it, and in fact to everybody :P

EDIT :

Bonus question, is it better to go for tier 1 runes and combine them into tier2, to gain more versatile runes, or going directly for pure t2 and then combining them is the cheap way ?

Edit 2 :

Just got my lvl 10, so stuck with tier 2 for the moment

The Senate

Recruiter

11-24-2009

Rylai's Staff and Rod of Ages are both good starting points. Also consider investing in a Chalice of Harmony early on. For Sion, since he gains Health automatically because of his abilities, you technically only need AP. For Cho'gath, you want a little of both. If you want to up the damage on either one, throw a Void Staff on top.

Karolan

11-24-2009

Quote:
The Senate:
Rylai's Staff and Rod of Ages are both good starting points. Also consider investing in a Chalice of Harmony early on. For Sion, since he gains Health automatically because of his abilities, you technically only need AP. For Cho'gath, you want a little of both. If you want to up the damage on either one, throw a Void Staff on top.

Nice reply ..... Out of the subject, as I m asking for runes, but the tips are still appreciated .

Crazed

11-24-2009

"I'm The Senate and I just browse ispy without actually reading posts"

Well that's a little tricky, as AP tanks can either be built to focus on AP, HP, Resist, etc. In that case, I would go straight HP (as HP is pretty much never a bad choice)... possibly movement speed or XP quintessences if you think thats too boring.

M

nicosharp

11-24-2009

Karolan - How much IP do you have to spend?
I've heard that Magic Penetration Runes + Magic Resist Runes are good with Quint Movespeed or Quit Dodge with Dodge Runes and Nimbleness defensive spec.
I play a support tank and focused on all mana regen per level, and I like that rune book build for almost any character.

Karolan

11-24-2009

3000 IP, give or take .

I play the available champs, don t want to buy some (i ll do this with cash on a trip to US), so all the IP will go to runes

nicosharp

11-24-2009

Id go for Mana regen then, or just browse for runes that are 205 for tier 3 if you are able to use tier 3s. as most other runes are just going to clean you out of all of your IP right now.. Some tier 3 Quints that are good for tanks are 2050 per. (IE quickness and Dodge Quints I believe are both 2050)

Also I found by testing, that you can have a net IP gain going from Tier 1 to Tier 2 runes, by buying a bunch of tier 1 runes at 15ip and combining them for 1 tier 2 rune. The Tier 2 Rune will always be worth more IP then the combined cost from the tier 1 runes.