That there middle of the map...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

12-02-2012

If you are headed from one point to another for either attacking or defending, by all means, be in the center of the map.

If you are wandering the jungle looking for teamfights, GET OUT of the middle of the map. This isn't SR, that's not how you win games in Dom. While you're sitting in a bush waiting for some hapless enemy to wander by, the enemy team is taking top/bot/mid with a numbers advantage, if not mostly uncontested.

naotasan

12-02-2012

Is it a teemo? An eve?
Some champions do better roaming.

Or are you talking about the dead center of the map where FoW is not there and the team mate runs through it showing himself? Yeah, that's not a good idea.

Orphane

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
While you're sitting in a bush waiting for some hapless enemy to wander by,
I hate to break it to you, but trying to lecture people who probably don't even read the forums from a position that's inherently wrong is kind of silly.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Is it a Tank out in nearby brush keeping an eye out for enemy movement in order to intercept or alert teammates?

Hmm, maybe I should revise my strategy and spend all my time twiddling my thumbs behind windmill instead.

Redenbacher

12-02-2012

Right, OP, this is not a black and white question. Without appropriate details, I assume you have no clue how important jungle control is.

...I opened the thread expecting a complaint about people walking right through the middle of the map, revealing themselves near storm buff. I really hate it when players don't keep themselves hidden in the fog.

kirillian

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Right, OP, this is not a black and white question. Without appropriate details, I assume you have no clue how important jungle control is.

...I opened the thread expecting a complaint about people walking right through the middle of the map, revealing themselves near storm buff. I really hate it when players don't keep themselves hidden in the fog.
Love those AFK Windmill campers...who spend the entire game typing about how bad their team is because they are responding to bot lane ganks and pushes.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-03-2012

Roam roam roam. Backdoor. Backcap. Roam some more.

Sdaciuk

12-03-2012

Whether you have top or not it is generally better to use the jungle then sit in lane or on turret for many reasons:

-ganking as enemies head to top.
-taking their mid/baiting
-ganking roamers
-generally just not being seen so the enemy doesnt know where to go
-basically controlling the map
-taking buff
-ganking someone taking the buff
-covering top and your mid by being ready to fight either direction

At low ELO Dom looks easy, and is easy, if you just take top and ignore everything else. But so many times now I am stuck on teams that think you can sit 4 on top then run down one at a time to save mid/bot. It's fail. Learn to use the bush, love the bush. The worst is when you have a team that walks to top in the lane over and over like it's a good idea to walk into the enemy line of fire screaming "we're over here!"