Looking for advice on an easy to play Comp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Meowder

12-02-2012

Hey guys, I play with a fairly large group of friends most of whom are from Chile, we met them online about a year ago and made fast friends. We have a couple players who are fairly skilled, making good plays and playing smart. We have 2 players who are great passive players who keep us in check if we are gonna do something dumb. And the rest of the group is a mix of hyper aggressive players who want riven top lane or players who are brand spankin new. My question is, "Is there a pool of 5 or 6 characters that will work well together and win more games they will lose." I have heard of "cheese" comps and am not really sure what those entail. I dont think I have seen any on the tourney streams. But any helpful advice would be great. Thanks so much in advance, this community rocks.

Intellectional

12-02-2012

Well, who's going where? You want to find champions that reward your playstyle. For example, if one of your really aggressive players is going mid, you want someone like Katarina or Kassadin, but if it's a more passive player you will probably have more success with Anivia or Karthus, for example.

Black Meowder

12-02-2012

Our Skilled players can play anywhere, our Headstrong players want top or ADC, our passive players play support or mid, and our new players play support or jungle. It becomes a mess somethimes, thats why I am hoping to put together a list of possible combos that we can play and have some success. =)

Intellectional

12-02-2012

I see. Well, Taric/Graves is a great lane for aggressive ADC players. Jarvan/Draven works too, but that one's a little unconventional. There are plenty of aggressive top laners: Darius, Jax, Rengar, Kennen, Diana, Olaf, Lee Sin... I'm going to go with Olaf. He's pretty forgiving, hard to kill, and is still decent late game. Passive midders... Well, there's Morgana. She's really hard to outfarm and she brings good utility late game. Or Ryze, one of the biggest scalers out there... But I think the best fit would probably be Anivia. Her farm is good (once you level a few times- last hitting with her is god awful) and she's really scary in team fights. And lastly, an easy jungler.... Probably Warwick. Good sustain and, once he hits level 6, easy ganks. Unfortunately, he's not as tanky as Amumu or Udyr, so you're gonna have to have Olaf and maybe Taric build tanky so you don't get nuked in teamfights.

So, again...

Olaf
Warwick
Anivia
Taric
Graves

...would be a pretty good team IMO.

Black Meowder

12-02-2012

Thanks! That is a good place to start =) i appreciate it!

Friesguy

12-02-2012

Or you could have an all AoE comp with: Wukong, Amumu, Orianna, Draven/ Ezreal or Lulu/ Sona. I've played a few games with all champs like these, and we dominate.

Black Meowder

12-02-2012

Great idea, any other top laner that would work well instead of Kong? i dont think any of us have him.

Ferreira Pedro

12-02-2012

Well you could always take a look at the recommended champs. Being recommended or costing 450 ip doesn't make them weaker than 6.300.

Warwick and Nunu are great junglers,
Garen and Nasus are good tops
Ryze and Annie can wreck havoc when played right,
Sona and Taric, no need to say anything else
Ashe and Sivir also are solid picks for adc