Dual Monitor game loading weirdness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trypt1c

09-14-2012

Good day,

When starting games, if I do not have the game client as the active window (have it selected) when champion select timer elapses,then the client window 'centers' itself into the middle of my monitors, except that it does it as if there were 4 monitors in a grid (see attached). The client window should center itself in the monitor that the launcher is contained within.

This is extremely problematic, as attempting to close the client window and reconnect fails, logging out completely and back in, fails. This continues until after a couple minutes of in-game time elapses, when the client loads properly.

My specs:

EVGA 8800 GTS 512
2x 24" Samsung Monitors
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

teh404error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-14-2012

Easy fix.
1.Download a program called Shiftwindow.
2.Once installed and running you will see two buttons that say Grab... Click on the top one and a window appears if you see League of legends click on it and hit OK.
3. Next there is a drop arrow to select which monitor you want.
4.Once all this is done hit trigger it and the game screen should snap into the right position.

Trypt1c

09-14-2012

It should not be required to run a 3rd party program to utilize dual monitors with this game. No other game/program behaves this way.

Varyl

11-08-2012

I get this error very often as well, generally I can just close the client and relaunch it and it will load up fine(I do note that I have to wait until everyone else is off of the loading screen, otherwise I try and it just gives me a blank screen), but some times I have to fully restart my computer to finally get it to shift back into position.

One way I have found to reproduce this is to have focus on another application when the timer runs down and launches the game, this most often produces the error. Note that it also occasionally happens even when the game does indeed have focus.

I will start trying to use the ShiftWindow program mentioned above, as anything to avoid a computer restart while game time is ticking away is better than nothing, but I do think this is an issue that should(please?) be looked at.

Crangbor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

This has just started happening for me as well. When it happens you can remedy it by going to Video Options and switching to windowed mode and back.