Item order for Rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sonofzeal

12-02-2012

I've been playing Rumble a lot lately, and loving him. Heat management is fun for me even if I screw it up, and I love the feeling of going toe-to-toe and knowing that I can melt face - and if they run, that's even better because my E slows them, my W speeds me, and Q does damage all the way. Wonderful feeling!

But I'm struggling on item orders. Being manaless screws up a lot of classic mage itemization. And I like Rylai's on him but his shield encourages building resistances instead of hp. So.....

Twisted Treeline / Dominion
Sorc's -> Wooglet's Witchcap -> Abyssal -> Rylai's -> ????

Summoner's Rift
Sorc's -> Abyssal -> Rabadon's Deathcap -> Zhonya's Hourglass -> Rylai's -> ????

I'd like to get a bit of CDR in there too. Rumble's heat system discourages building too much CDR, but I find 10-20% usually gives him some nice flexibility in his skills, and he suffers a bit without it. But as far as I can see, the only real choice there is Hextech Sweeper or Ionian boots, and I'm not completely sold on either.

Advice?

Kensai07

12-02-2012

I would throw in revolver as an early item on rift, (I don't play rumble a ton but generally I go boots/pots > revolver > boots 2 > Rylei for hp/ap)

The sustain helps a lot. and earlier rylai will help more as HP has a pretty good effect around midgame.

Thorston13

12-02-2012

Well i have to say first that Rumble is my Must Pick for a Singed counter.
Now to the item

Doran's shield--->Boots+pots--->Hextech revolver--->Merc trheads--->Rylai's--->Void Staff/Abyssal( i usually would go void, but it's a preference thing)--->Deathcap and the sixth item would be optional.

The rune set up that works for me would be:
Magic Pen Reds, Armor Yellows, Flat MR blues and Flat AP Quints.

Hope it helps =]

sonofzeal

12-02-2012

So you'd recommend Revolver over Will of the Ancients, even though most of his damage is coming from skills?

Cerebralbore101

12-02-2012

You guys all have it wrong.It goes boots, pots, upgrade boots to counter your lane, pots, ward, hextech gun, gaint's belt, upgrade gaint's belt into Rylais, Deathcap, Upgrade gun into WoA, Abyssyal Scepter, Zonya's.

sonofzeal

12-02-2012

By "upgrade boots to counter", you mean Ninja vs physical and Mercs vs Magical?

And.... any source of a bit of CDR?

TheOneMillion

12-02-2012

Have you checked this little item called "Blackfire Torch"? It has got everything you need (for dom / TT that is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
So you'd recommend Revolver over Will of the Ancients, even though most of his damage is coming from skills?
Revolver is the item required to make will of the ancients. Its usually best to grab that and let it sit while you build the rest of your items. You only go up 8% vamp from upgrading wota, so it can wait till after core.

sonofzeal

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
Have you checked this little item called "Blackfire Torch"? It has got everything you need (for dom / TT that is.)
When do you recommend squeezing that in?

Quote:
Revolver is the item required to make will of the ancients. Its usually best to grab that and let it sit while you build the rest of your items. You only go up 8% vamp from upgrading wota, so it can wait till after core.
...right, sorry, I was thinking Gunblade. Yeah, Revolver makes sense.

Cerebralbore101

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
By "upgrade boots to counter", you mean Ninja vs physical and Mercs vs Magical?

And.... any source of a bit of CDR?
Yes. Ninja vs AD, Mercs vs AP. You don't need CDR as rumble. His cooldowns are low enough, and low CD's will just make you overheat at bad times.

sonofzeal

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebralbore101 View Post
Yes. Ninja vs AD, Mercs vs AP. You don't need CDR as rumble. His cooldowns are low enough, and low CD's will just make you overheat at bad times.
As I said before, I find a bit of CDR helps. He certainly doesn't need 30-40%, that'd be a total waste, but I find 10-20% makes a big difference especially because Flamespitter cooldown is measured from when you activate it, not when it finishes, so a bit of CDR means you can keep it active almost back-to-back. And a bit of CDR also helps you get yourself into Overheat much faster, and lets you choose which skills to do it with rather than having to spam all of them, giving you more control and finesse overall. Finally, his two long-range tools both have large cooldowns, and being manaless means CDR translates into free poking/harassing power. Being able to harass with impunity is one of the big advantages of being manaless, and some CDR makes him far more effective at that.