Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just started a 3s ranked team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IM SO HIGH MAN

12-02-2012

Never got into 3s that much, but it seems fun. Any tips?

Grimwolff

12-02-2012

Always ban Darius if you're not first pick...out of the 6 times I got Darius, I have lost 0 of them...

Rumination

12-03-2012

Quote:
Grimwolff:
Always ban Darius if you're not first pick...out of the 6 times I got Darius, I have lost 0 of them...

In point of fact you do not need to ban Darius every time so long as you know his counters.

@ the OP: The top bans right now in my humble opinion are, in no particular order:

Olaf, Cho'gath, Singed.

There are of course a lot of other strong champs that are ban-worthy, but they're easy to counter. For example Jax is a real terror in 3v3. However, Malphite counters him hard. I would say that as a general rule, the strongest champs are, again in no particular order:

Olaf, Cho, Singed, Jax, Malphite, Rumble, Diana, Shyvana, Wukong, Lee Sin, Irelia, J4 Riven. This is not a complete list of the strongest champs, and I don't want to put this forward as a "tier list." In 3v3, imo, team comp is way more important than tiers (in general.)

For example, some would argue that J4 really isn't that great on the new TT and that he was better on the old one. However, when you put a team together such as Wukong, J4, and Rumble, well, once lvl 6 happens, **** goes crazy. J4 ult -> Wukong ult while the enemy team marinades in a Rumble ult fueled by a Black Fire Torch. Trust me, the pain is beyond words.

AndersMMO

12-03-2012

Read these guides ;P
http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com/guides/general-3v3/

And refer to these for bans/picks (Tier Lists):
http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com/3v3-tier-lists/3v3-tier-list/
http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com/3v3-tier-lists/ggs-3v3-tier-list/

Always try to keep
Darius, Jax, Singed, Malphite, Olaf, and Lee Sin (or Cho'Gath, Lee Sin is very beatable unless expertly played and the same with Cho'Gath, just a matter of preference with that one)
Banned out of your matches.

The non-bans who are stupid strong right now that are note-worthily common (IE if you want these, and you should, they're priority picks):
Rumble, Diana, Irelia, Wukong, Amumu (weak early, unbeatable late), Rengar, Skarner, Shen

Also, if you have any questions please add me in game; Ânders (the  is alt0194)

GL and HF