[Champion Suggestion] Emerson the Imatator (very short)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuckBanzai

11-24-2009

Emerson can take on the appearance of other things they see in the game - a tree, a minion, a tower, a neutral and ultimately a neutral.

Passive - life/manna steal from other things arround

Q - Fades into scenary (different than invisible - is there as an object but not on minimap and no stats unless hit)
W - Works as closest enemies current "w" attack
E - (passive) speed boost of 10/20/30% - (active) steals speed from fastest enemy in sight + 0/2/5/10%
R - Switches appearance to other moving creature - minion/neutral/buffed neutral/enemy. Clicks on creature to imatate, or can imitate neutrals even if they aren't there. On final upgrade, can switch appearance to enemy including color, minimap icon, and can get in on enemy team chat. Or simpler for the developers - steals the closest enemies ultimate ability.

That would be fun.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

11-24-2009

If you're not gonna bother putting effort or thought into it, why should bother even looking at any of these kind of suggestions.

There's a lack of creativity, lack of synergy, lack of fun value.

Please, remake and put more thought into it.

Play

11-24-2009

This doesn't make any sense at all... how could you even think this could possibly work? Using the abilities of your enemies? How will you build your character to use the abilities of your enemies? You will have no synergy at all, building for either attack or AP will be ineffective depending on what enemies are near you, you may be remarkably overpowered in some cases or absolutely worthless in others... what is this I don't even understand how you through this would be a good suggestion. And becomes an object on the screen? What, you mean like a rock or something? Who will this fool? This character is worthless and most of the time won't even have an attacking ability. Good god.

BuckBanzai

11-24-2009

Ok -
Emerson was born in 1962 in the town of Hookairs, Somewhereville to the parents of Wattsit Matter and No Juan Readsthis...

I never read the naratives of any of these and thought others (like me) would think the Suggestion for a Champion that Imatates the other champions would be a good Suggestion.

I think it's very creative - no other current character steals other character's abilities (they steal health but not speed or attacks).

It is self-synergistic, and the fact that it imitates the other characters makes it game synergistic. Far more than, in my opinion, Corki which always looks out of place to me.

And, I think the idea of stealing someone's ultimate would be fun - but the most fun thing would be to see a 5 v 5 intense battle in the middle of the board only to have one of your guys switch to look like they are on the other team and attacking them while they're confused as to who is who.

BuckBanzai

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
This doesn't make any sense at all... how could you even think this could possibly work? Using the abilities of your enemies? How will you build your character to use the abilities of your enemies? You will have no synergy at all, building for either attack or AP will be ineffective depending on what enemies are near you, you may be remarkably overpowered in some cases or absolutely worthless in others... what is this I don't even understand how you through this would be a good suggestion. And becomes an object on the screen? What, you mean like a rock or something? Who will this fool? This character is worthless and most of the time won't even have an attacking ability. Good god.
Well, you'd have to be smart and instead of closing your eyes when the game loading screen is going, you'd LOOK at the other players and think "oh - I need an AP build" or "oh - I need a damage build" Then, during the game, you'd again have to OPEN your eyes and look around and see players that you'd want to imitate. Kind of like when you're battling and you choose who you're going to launch your stun against or attack but different because you have to THINK.

And I honestly don't want another invisible character but stealth/camo/something would be something new.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckBanzai View Post
Ok -
Emerson was born in 1962 in the town of Hookairs, Somewhereville to the parents of Wattsit Matter and No Juan Readsthis...

I never read the naratives of any of these and thought others (like me) would think the Suggestion for a Champion that Imatates the other champions would be a good Suggestion.

I think it's very creative - no other current character steals other character's abilities (they steal health but not speed or attacks).

It is self-synergistic, and the fact that it imitates the other characters makes it game synergistic. Far more than, in my opinion, Corki which always looks out of place to me.

And, I think the idea of stealing someone's ultimate would be fun - but the most fun thing would be to see a 5 v 5 intense battle in the middle of the board only to have one of your guys switch to look like they are on the other team and attacking them while they're confused as to who is who.
His Q means he has to stand still and somewhere thats not out of place in the map.

This brings multiple problems with himself and his team, one, he has to stand still in a certain area so he doesn't bring anything into team fights unless they drag opponents there. This skill does nothing but hide himself, which brings me to my next point, his passive part of his E skill is a speed boost but his Q makes him stand still. Synergy? I think not.

His W steals other spells around him, so basically in team fights its an RNG game and luck based for which skill you get.

Your choices randomly are:
Headbutt, Despair, Wall, Incinerate, Volley, Speed boost, Feral scream, Valkerie, Mundo's AoE LOL...

I could go on, but I'd rather not as I hope you get the point, he brings 1 spells to a team fight, other than that hes a fast running person who goes and becomes a tree after being useless in a team fight.

BuckBanzai

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothWaffle View Post
His Q means he has to stand still and somewhere thats not out of place in the map.

This brings multiple problems with himself and his team, one, he has to stand still in a certain area so he doesn't bring anything into team fights unless they drag opponents there. This skill does nothing but hide himself, which brings me to my next point, his passive part of his E skill is a speed boost but his Q makes him stand still. Synergy? I think not.

His W steals other spells around him, so basically in team fights its an RNG game and luck based for which skill you get.

Your choices randomly are:
Headbutt, Despair, Wall, Incinerate, Volley, Speed boost, Feral scream, Valkerie, Mundo's AoE LOL...

I could go on, but I'd rather not as I hope you get the point, he brings 1 spells to a team fight, other than that hes a fast running person who goes and becomes a tree after being useless in a team fight.
You're right - probably wasn't worth the effort.

I just thought that the idea of gaming the game was interesting. I still think it would be fun to have the stats of the character (health, mana, and even team) be wrong , and using a character against himself is interesting. Stealing the identity of something else - like sitting in the jungle as a Lizard waiting for their Warwick has some merit. The goal of the character was to steal the other guys ultimate. Maybe the lower abilities would be to create the illusion of one of your team's ultimate - with less or even no damage. For example, a fake canon barage could be fun.

LOL will get boring if each new character has some slightly different combination of abilities - more of this, less of that.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckBanzai View Post
You're right - probably wasn't worth the effort.

I just thought that the idea of gaming the game was interesting. I still think it would be fun to have the stats of the character (health, mana, and even team) be wrong , and using a character against himself is interesting. Stealing the identity of something else - like sitting in the jungle as a Lizard waiting for their Warwick has some merit. The goal of the character was to steal the other guys ultimate. Maybe the lower abilities would be to create the illusion of one of your team's ultimate - with less or even no damage. For example, a fake canon barage could be fun.

LOL will get boring if each new character has some slightly different combination of abilities - more of this, less of that.
I know what you mean but you have to try and implement this kind of mechanic in a cool way.

For instance, an older suggestion of mine (The Illusionist) has an ability that falsely lowers his health and the next spell that hits him, he holds for 6 seconds (at max skill level) to use.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=1354

Aekero

11-24-2009

tldr!

Also we already have a very short champion, Veigar.