Is Singed just too op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skencer

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
He's not op in any way. Fun to the bones to play yes, but he's damage output is not much if you don't chase him. And how would you nerf him? Whatever you do to him he becomes garbage. He fulfills his tanky role perfectly. Just don't focus him and don't chase him. Imo Singed is work of pure genius.
The only thing that i could think of is to increase the mana cost of fling, and cooldown of w but again that could make him useless i agree. I understand that he's not really OP but at the same time it seems like he is extremely well suited to dominion. I suppose i should have expressed that in my original post.

KaWraith

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
You don't get to attack another priority target if Singed bothers aiming his fling.

Also, if Singed sneaks in enough mpen/ap into his build (huefiretorch), he becomes a priority target.
You missed my point: how does that make singed any different than any other viable tank?
I'm not saying singed isn't a good tank, he is, but you also "don't get to attack another priority target" if you get:
taunted by rammus/shen
Feared by fiddlesticks/hecarim
stunned by taric/leona/sion/sejuani
grabbed into the enemy team by blitzcrank/Urgot/Volibear
cataclysm'd by J4

the big problem people have with singed is that they chase him, and take progressively more poison damage while trying to catch up (BfT helps singed do good dmg with just 1 dmg based item). singed has far less threat when people don't chase him
in most situations you can poke singed and walk out of his poison trail if he tosses you into it... you never need to chase him by running in the poison trail.

bierfaust

12-03-2012

It's a low ELO thing. Once you get high enough you realise that he really isn't that big of a problem compared to other Champions. He's annoying, no doubt, but not OP. (BFT being the exception)

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a singed in almost 30 games. Most of which have been wins mind you, but still.

Westlin

12-04-2012

Send a ranged carry bot Varus and Ez are good choices although in blind pick you don't get to see when your up against a singed bot.

konfetarius

12-04-2012

Quote:
You missed my point: how does that make singed any different than any other viable tank?
He survives better than most of those things. Most tanks are hard commit, easier to kill if they are building to be a damage threat.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

ignore singed, profit! but for real you probably win most games because you haven't hit your elo. i just recently hit my elo and i could tell. i went from winning 8/10, 10/10, to winning 6/10, 5/10. at first i was raging at the loses but realized what was going on.

also, singed has one of the coolest passives in the game. helps/compliments a mana tank big time.

Skencer

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingstreet View Post
ignore singed, profit! but for real you probably win most games because you haven't hit your elo. i just recently hit my elo and i could tell. i went from winning 8/10, 10/10, to winning 6/10, 5/10. at first i was raging at the loses but realized what was going on.

also, singed has one of the coolest passives in the game. helps/compliments a mana tank big time.
I don't play ranked because I don't think that I'm good enough. Besides people can be rude enough without a rank on the line, I don't wanna think about when i screw up in a ranked match.