Harin, the Geomancer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

12-09-2012

Bumpin'

Cammo The Wise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I was about to criticize the glasses in the concept art, but they are actually quite modest...

Good job, I always thought LoL lack a bit of Geomancy.

The5lacker

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammo The Wise View Post
I was about to criticize the glasses in the concept art, but they are actually quite modest...

Good job, I always thought LoL lack a bit of Geomancy.
They're classy glasses. LoL needs more people with classy glasses.

The5lacker

12-10-2012

Bumpin'

The5lacker

12-13-2012

Bumpin'

LonelyLiamNeeson

12-14-2012

bump

The5lacker

12-16-2012

Bumpin'

Anachronity

12-16-2012

Passive: 5% is a pretty reasonable number for the passive. You might consider bumping it down to 4% and adding a static value so that it's more useful early game. Something like 30 + 4% of HP. The shield should definitely not affect Harin, or else he will become waay too tanky.

Q Ability: Also pretty reasonable. Pretty much just a standard nuke, the slow might be a bit too high, maybe 30%.

W Ability: The passive on this ability is very strong, especially with the strong incentives to build HP on this champion. I would try to think of a different passive effect for this ability. The wall part is okay, but I might remove the whole "if he casts tectonic rift through it" part for the sake of simplicity. Either that or remove the passive aspect altogether.

E Ability: Ok, but if the pillar blocks movement then it might be too much with the wall as well. This hero has a lot of CC and pathing blockers.

Ultimate: Too strong, it should either do lots of damage or have a knockup, not both. It does physical damage though, so it's not as crazy as it looks at first. Nunu's ultimate has a longer charge time and he has to rely on his teammates or good planning in order to land it. Harin has enough CC in his other abilities to land this ultimate by himself, so it should be weaker than Nunu's by a fair amount.

This champion feels much more like an AP mid than a support, at least as written. None of the abilities alone are overpowered, but I feel like that's too much damage, CC, tankiness, and versatility on a single champion.

The5lacker

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
Passive: 5% is a pretty reasonable number for the passive. You might consider bumping it down to 4% and adding a static value so that it's more useful early game. Something like 30 + 4% of HP. The shield should definitely not affect Harin, or else he will become waay too tanky.

Q Ability: Also pretty reasonable. Pretty much just a standard nuke, the slow might be a bit too high, maybe 30%.

W Ability: The passive on this ability is very strong, especially with the strong incentives to build HP on this champion. I would try to think of a different passive effect for this ability. The wall part is okay, but I might remove the whole "if he casts tectonic rift through it" part for the sake of simplicity. Either that or remove the passive aspect altogether.

E Ability: Ok, but if the pillar blocks movement then it might be too much with the wall as well. This hero has a lot of CC and pathing blockers.

Ultimate: Too strong, it should either do lots of damage or have a knockup, not both. It does physical damage though, so it's not as crazy as it looks at first. Nunu's ultimate has a longer charge time and he has to rely on his teammates or good planning in order to land it. Harin has enough CC in his other abilities to land this ultimate by himself, so it should be weaker than Nunu's by a fair amount.

This champion feels much more like an AP mid than a support, at least as written. None of the abilities alone are overpowered, but I feel like that's too much damage, CC, tankiness, and versatility on a single champion.
Passive: Only effects him if he's in the AoE, and that's only the default for two of his spells. He's supposed to be tanky as balls, though.

Q: Given it doesn't scale with level, I'd say 40% should be fine. Remember, melee champ, no gap closers. He needs more than just his wall.

W: 15% damage resistance is functionally the equivalent of roughly 30 Armor and Magic Resist. That's potent, to be sure, but again, supposed to be tanky as balls. And I'd prefer to keep the wall from just being an Anivia Wall clone.

E: Pillar doesn't take up much room and isn't going to stay around for a while. I wouldn't be too worried.

Ult: I can't believe I have to point people towards Nunu's Ult AGAIN.
Magic damage: 625 / 875 / 1125 (+ 250% AP)
50% slow
25% AS slow
3 second channel that can be cast early for less effect.

Anachronity

12-16-2012

On his ultimate: Slow is not the same as knockup, knockup is much stronger, Harin also has to channel for 1 less second, which can make a huge difference.

More important is the fact that Harin is a much larger influence on team fights than Nunu without their respective ultimates. Harin is also naturally more tanky than Nunu and has other hard CC than his ultimate, which Nunu lacks.

Like I said at the end of my post, none of his abilities are overpowered by themselves. If Nunu had his ultimate transplanted with Harin's, he'd be approximately the same as he is now. Harin has too much damage, tankiness, CC, and versatility for one champion.