If bruisers are overly dominant in TT, should defensive itemization be nerfed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

I'm not a TT regular, so I don't know if the tanky meta is just desired- but would cutting down all defensive itemization shift the meta to make other classes more viable?

SaveTheMaids

12-02-2012

Maybe, but it would also hurt some champs that need those defensive items to stay relevant.

For example, Nautilus and Rammus start out weak and typically build resistances first for their shields. Nerfing defensive itemization would pretty much be like nerfing them, and personally I don't think either of them need more nerfs. They have a hard enough time on Summer's Rift as it is.

The lack of actual laning, alters, and generally shorter games are the major reasons why bruisers have the upper hand on this map, not their itemization. Besides, they've already removed warmogs, thormail, and GA... so there isn't really much to stop a carry from right clicking a bruiser's face off if they do happen to get fed.

Redenbacher

12-02-2012

S3 item changes include a nerf to defensive stats across the board.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
S3 item changes include a nerf to defensive stats across the board.
Good point- its probably better to see how S3 stuff changes the map first.

Runnan's Hurricane might make AD Carries more relevant by allowing them to potentially hit all three players at once- and if they become viable their counters might also.

Galgus

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
Maybe, but it would also hurt some champs that need those defensive items to stay relevant.

For example, Nautilus and Rammus start out weak and typically build resistances first for their shields. Nerfing defensive itemization would pretty much be like nerfing them, and personally I don't think either of them need more nerfs. They have a hard enough time on Summer's Rift as it is.

The lack of actual laning, alters, and generally shorter games are the major reasons why bruisers have the upper hand on this map, not their itemization. Besides, they've already removed warmogs, thormail, and GA... so there isn't really much to stop a carry from right clicking a bruiser's face off if they do happen to get fed.
I concede that nerfing defensive stats might put some champions in a bad place, but I think its a case-by-case thing.

However, I'm not certain that Rammus would be one of those particularly weakened champions.

He scales surprisingly well as a melee fighter with damage items due to a large amount of free AD from his passive and DBC even without building armor, a decent gapcloser, strong CC, and the ability to reduce enemy armor.

He can also scale as a mage with a 1 ratio on powerball and a total ratio of 2.4 on his ultimate, and will easily apply BFT to all champions for the duration of the fight with his ultimate.

The real question is whether or not he can get farmed in a lane on those builds.

SaintHax

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I'm not a TT regular, so I don't know if the tanky meta is just desired- but would cutting down all defensive itemization shift the meta to make other classes more viable?
If ADC's are allowed escapes, then it's not needed. Right now the ganks from the other lane come to quickly, and the towers don't do enough damage to prevent a tower dive. If that's fixed, a defensive item nerf may not be needed.

Redenbacher

12-02-2012

I would venture to argue that towers may need a buff, but most of all, I'm really interested to see how the new item changes play out.