Need help with adc(and possibly relevant to other roles)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dileya

12-01-2012

Basically i suck with champs that need good positioning, focus... I've tried right clicking but often i find myself clicking on the ground and dying and it feels unreliable, and shift+right click but i find it focusing minions and slow reaction when trying to kite chasers(mouse moving over the screen too much). How do high elo/pro players control champs, how to do the step-kite(dunno whats it called)?

Sorry for the retarded Syntax, english is not my first language...

DerpyGeth

12-01-2012

Kiting is a fairly simple concept, but takes alot of time to do successfully. Put simply, you click a point on the ground a few steps behind your champion, then click on the nearest/lowest hp minion, then move backwards again. This is rather tricky at first because, yes, the game moves quite fast, but with a bit of practice you will be able to kite effectively. As for how high elo and pro players can kite well, this is, again, a matter of practice. Pros especially have played many, many games over their career and have learned their roles well enough that things like kiting might as well be as natural as breathing to them.

As for clicking on the ground, I've found that looking for the red highlight that comes up around an enemy champion when you are able to attack them is very useful, especially when they clump together.

Essieu

12-02-2012

Its called orb walking. btw. And as an AD carry, you just have to practice. Need really good micro and high apm with good precision. Just takes a lot of practice.

As far as positioning, its also pretty practice reliant, but i will say. Keeping a timer in your head of spells and their cooldowns is your biggest friend.

Freerfs

12-02-2012

Do lots of motions, like clicking and walking all over the place to keep your focus. Even when I'm support sometimes I'll dance or taunt alot so I don't loose focus haha.

Akai Kurayami

12-02-2012

1. Adjust your mouse speed to a comfortable level. Slower mouse speed gives you greater precision, faster mouse speed gives you more speed which in turn allows you to react faster.

2. Have at least a stable network and FPS of 30 or higher.

3. Lots of clicking will make kiting or orb walking easier but be careful to not overdo it.

xSneakyRice

12-02-2012

Kiting changes from champion to champion because everyones attack motion is different. Once you get used to the motion you can cancel the motion by moving back or forward in order to chase better or just to do some dmg while running.

For ad's you should also know what your opponents can do(ex: leona E) and try to sidestep etc.

Also, some players move then use A (attack button) It targets the nearest target. If its a 1v1 you may find it easier using A then clicking on the player

bearloverabbit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Use ur x
Press x then left click ground
This will hit the closest minion/champ from u
This way u don't hav to move ur mouse towards an enemy target to attack
All u hav to do is move ur mouse towards wherever ur trying to go and alternate left/right click

IdleAltruism

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essieu View Post
Its called orb walking.
Since when has it been called orb walking? That is a Dota term that specifically refers to using the quicker cancel animation of orbs (think Silencer/Drow, etc) in order to move while maintaining DPS. I'm just curious because I heard it for the first time (in reference to lol) this weekend at IPL. I hadn't heard the term used for this game before, though.