[CHALLENGE] Write a Fire Emblem-esque League of Legends story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youso1337

02-13-2013

What do I mean by this? Well, I've been getting into Fire Emblem: Awakening recently, and the game rules. Pretty good story, great gameplay (if you can handle the difficulty), etc.

Makes me think: What would it be like if someone were to write a LoL fanfic that's inspired by the Fire Emblem series? Basically, Champions fighting in escalating mass conflicts that eventually threaten the safety of the entire world, but said battles are not contained on the Fields of Justice. More open-war kind of stuff.

I dunno if anyone plans to do this, but it's a thought. In the meantime, if there were a LoL-Fire Emblem cross made, I'd have Leona and Lux as my lords.

Leona would obviously be a defense-type Lord (standard Lord growths, but only par Luck), while Lux would be a caster Lord (ala Micaiah from FE10).

Ark Angel HFB

02-13-2013

It would be fun... maybe someone should consider making a flash rpg game with reworked sprites...

Call it something like the next rune war and have it be all the big cities fighting it out...

might be awesome.

Youso1337

02-16-2013

No takers?

Dregen

02-17-2013

Seems interesting, since I'm a huge fan of Fire emblem. OTOH I'm a bigger fan of The Witcher series of books, so I'm working on an Ahri story based on that atm . IDK. I might do it as a later project.

Ferr3t

02-19-2013

Hm... brb, getting on Nightmare. I'll be sure to put you in the hack credits friend.

IliyaMoroumetz

02-23-2013

The older Fire Emblem games have far better writing. There's political intrigue and heroes turn into villains between one of the games because of a pair of star-struck lovers left him in the dust and he's rightfully bitter.

Can LoL really pull off that kind of character development? My magic 8-Ball says, "Don't Count on it."

Still Eternity

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliyaMoroumetz View Post
The older Fire Emblem games have far better writing. There's political intrigue and heroes turn into villains between one of the games because of a pair of star-struck lovers left him in the dust and he's rightfully bitter.

Can LoL really pull off that kind of character development? My magic 8-Ball says, "Don't Count on it."
Maybe for Riot, because of their unfortunate tendency to Ax their Lore team and keep us in the dark about the so called "Lore" updates. We've been waiting for ayear and a half- And not a word. It's Magma Chamber all over again.

But, a Fan could do it. I actually DID enjoy the lore of this game a LOT before it got canned. If a really intelligent and skilled writer would get on board this idea, it would be well worth it.

Hirumonogatari

02-23-2013

technically i can. and i've got a good idea of what i want to write.

i do want a co-writer though. if you can get me one (even just for spellchecks and critique) i will try to produce one.

Youso1337

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
technically i can. and i've got a good idea of what i want to write.

i do want a co-writer though. if you can get me one (even just for spellchecks and critique) i will try to produce one.
I'd be willing to proofread your stuff. The question is how detailed are you going to try and make things? Political intrigues would be nice.

Hirumonogatari

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youso1337 View Post
I'd be willing to proofread your stuff. The question is how detailed are you going to try and make things? Political intrigues would be nice.
i'm not sure what you mean by detailed. stories usually have a reasonable amount of detail otherwise it would be too short, but too much detail would bore the reader.

while there will be political intrigue, the keystone of fire emblem games is the character and relationship development. i hope to bring this through in stories.

the reason i asked for a co-writer is because i am primarily a tragic writer. i absolutely fail in writing action scenes, which is a major component of a story which is focused on combat. i also hope that the co-writer will be the one doing the final posting of completed chapters.