Zombie Brand joke

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bejango

12-01-2012

so I decided I wanted to play Zombie Brand again because well his joke is awesome but then when I used it I noticed something the audio was changed. while the animation is still the same the new audio just isn't as funny to me and it's not like some jokes where it switches audio it's always the new one. is there any reason why this was changed can it be changed back or at least have them both be used and just swap back and forth?

the old audio for his joke starts at 0:58 http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

while the new audio for his joke can be found here http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Brand/Background under zombie brand and joke

Bejango

12-10-2012

bump

Bejango

12-22-2012

bump? any insight on this is it a bug or? cause I liked the original better the newer one isn't as funny

C3Sound

Associate Sound Designer

01-28-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejango View Post
so I decided I wanted to play Zombie Brand again because well his joke is awesome but then when I used it I noticed something the audio was changed. while the animation is still the same the new audio just isn't as funny to me and it's not like some jokes where it switches audio it's always the new one. is there any reason why this was changed can it be changed back or at least have them both be used and just swap back and forth?

the old audio for his joke starts at 0:58 http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

while the new audio for his joke can be found here http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Brand/Background under zombie brand and joke
Hey Bejango - is it the length of the laugh or is it the pitch of the laugh?

The old one is about half as long and will stop halfway through the running animation, while the new one screams throughout the entire animation. His laugh was lengthened to avoid him being silent during the back half of the run.

Thanks,

C3

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3Sound View Post
Hey Bejango - is it the length of the laugh or is it the pitch of the laugh?

The old one is about half as long and will stop halfway through the running animation, while the new one screams throughout the entire animation. His laugh was lengthened to avoid him being silent during the back half of the run.

Thanks,

C3
The problem though is nearly everyone I run into likes the original better and is upset that this decision was made without even consulting with players who owned it first and that Riot hasn't even acknowledge it until today, with your post.

I think if it sounded like the old one but was lengthened, somehow, people would be happy; at the end of the day I'd say it probably is the pitch and not the length that bothers them.

I was definitely disappointed though by the change without notification.

C3Sound

Associate Sound Designer

01-28-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
The problem though is nearly everyone I run into likes the original better and is upset that this decision was made without even consulting with players who owned it first and that Riot hasn't even acknowledge it until today, with your post.

I think if it sounded like the old one but was lengthened, somehow, people would be happy; at the end of the day I'd say it probably is the pitch and not the length that bothers them.

I was definitely disappointed though by the change without notification.

Hey Bejango,

Thank you for your feedback, I understand that there was a significant lapse of time between your post and the response. As much as we would like to hit everything, things can fall through the cracks. For that, I apologize.

We receive internal feedback as well as from PBE, so we always attempt to work with both sets. Things can change quickly and miss its turn for PBE, like this particular case must have.

We can drop the pitch of the processing and see if that works out a bit better.

Thanks again for your patience!

Thanks,

- C3