[Champion Concept] Tempest Swain, the Ethereal Sorceress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulffe

12-01-2012

Quote:
Concept

Tempest has been my favorite champion to develop so far. The idea stems from both a unique idea (one something else Iím doing) and a few already existing ones. She is the main antagonist in the League of Legends: The Coming Storm plotline. I was originally going to release her after I finished the short story about the event, however with the release of the storyís sneak peak as well as the posting of the Coming Storm event, I find it was only fitting to bring her to light as well.

Fun Facts

Her default skin and main appearance is a cross between Quan Chi and my personal breed of Dark Elves.
Most of her skins are based off protagonists from the Mortal Kombat series as well as Conan the Barbarian and Krull the Conqueror.
Her personality is very similar to Azula from the avatar series. With a hint of Mai tied in there for sadistic humor.
Her magical blades levitate and are consumed by a pink/purple unholy flame.
Thadeus, the Eternal Guardian is another champion-to-come of mine. He believes that Tempest is the reincarnation of his mate who has been deceased for thousands of years.
[Center]Revealed Version[/Center]

Quote:
[CENTER]Tempest Swain, the Ethereal Sorceress[/CENTER]

[Center]Stats

Attack: [X][X][X][X][X][X]
Health: [X][X][X][X][X][X][X]
Difficulty: [X][X][X][X][X][X]
Spells: [X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

[X] = 1 point. Max is 10 points.

Roles
Assassin, Mage, Range

Item Recommendations

Attachment 616960Attachment 616961Attachment 637035Attachment 616963Attachment 616965Attachment 637036

Abilities[/Center]

Weapon Conjurer - Tempestís attack speed is increased with each available Daestra Blade. Auto attacks apply a magical residue that increases her single target damage.

Daestra Blades - Tempest throws a magical sword that does damage to all enemies in a line and increased damage if it lands on an enemy. The blade can then be returned, doing damage to everything it passes through. While in use Daestra Blades can be picked up by enemies (slowing them down) and allies (ability and attack power increase). At level 3 and 5 she gains additional blades to use. If Kingslayer is used on affected enemies the slow becomes a burn.

Mierdisí Tether - Tempest places a sigil on a target or the ground. If a target is affected they burn surrounding enemies. While the sigil is out it acts as a ward for several seconds. If Daestra Blades are recalled while a target is affected by Mierdisí Tether they fly to the target instead of Tempest.

Alter Dominion - A volley of skulls are sent out in a cone in front of her, fearing enemy champions and burning them over time.

Kingslayer - The sorceress raises a Daestra Blade above her head and infuses it with power and drops it on the targeted location after it charges.

[Center]Lore[/Center]

What really happened to General Du Conteau, General Boram Blackwill and numerous missing Demacian and Noxian officials? Few could tell you the truth better than the daughter of Jericho Swain. After all it was by her hand that each of them met her fate. Though many summoners believe that she did not act alone and that the Master Tactician was pulling the strings. Even the events of Kalamanda where she had impersonated Jarvan IV to start the war was placed upon her. When confronted at the trial Swain denied any knowledge of her deeds and that she acted alone. With no proof of his involvement, Tempest was placed in a stasis cell pending further investigation.

With the assistance of a couple of allies, Tempest managed to escape from her imprisonment under the Institute. On the way out she commandeered crystals that would later be used to free those bound to the Summonerís Code and recruit them into her force. Within weeks Tempest had used her new allies to take over Noxus and begin waging war across all of Runeterra. After months of fighting, her forces were pushed back to the High Command center where she was inevitably captured and bound to the code she had only recently been fighting against. Knowing that to place her out of sight would give her the opportunity to escape, they indoctrinated her into the League of Legends.

[Center]Champion Tips[/Center]

Playing as Tempest

Coming soon!

Playing Against Tempest

Coming soon!
[Center]Complete Version[/Center]

Quote:
[Center]Story[/Center]

See the League of Legends: The Coming Storm thread.
Quote:
Quotes:

Upon Selection:
No one commands me, summoner! Not even you. She says summoner with an irritated hiss.

Moving:
Do not tell me what to do, Summoner.
Iíll go where I please.
Argh! I loathe you!
Iíll do so if you stop that.
If I must.

Attacking:
Iíll accept this, for now.
They. Will. Die!
Off with their heads!
They will know fear.

Death:
No! she screams as her magic consumes her, leaving behind a scorched mark.

Taunt:
You dare to face me? You might as well be courting Death.
Your freedom, your soul, shall belong to me!

Jokes:
Kneel before me and find that I am merciful. Oh, who am I kidding? Off with their heads!
Bzrnt!
makes a light saber sound as she summons a Daestra Blade.

Dance:
Pong Dance Queen
00:01-00:25, 00:45-00:55
Quote:
Stats:
Health: 420 (+85)
Health Regen: 6.4 (+0.55)
Mana: 240 (+60)
Mana Regen: 6.8 (+0.40)
Range: 520
Attack Damage: 46 (+2.9)
Attack Speed: 0.621 (+2.35%)
Armor: 12 (+3.4)
Mag. Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Movement: 315

Tags:
Assassin, Mage, Ranged

Item Recommendations:

Sorcererís Boots
Nashorís Tooth
Liandry's Torment
Hextech Gunblade
Rabadonís Deathcap
Lichbane

Fantasy Build For The Coming Storm

Sorcerer Boots
Testament Shard
Nashorís Tooth
Conjurerís Blades
Tempestís Bindings
Rabadonís Deathcap

Quote:
[Center]Abilities[/Center]

Attachment 567278
Passive:
Name: Weapon Conjurer
Effect: Tempestís attack speed is increased by 5% for each Daestra Blade not in use. Additionally, her auto attacks will leave behind magical residue that does 3% of her ability power as magical damage. Stacks 3 times. Lasts 3 seconds, auto attacks refresh its cool down.

Attachment 567274
Q:
Name:
Daestra Blades
Effect: Tempest throws a spectral blade, doing 20/30/40/50/60 (+.4% AP) magical damage to all enemies in a line and 50/60/70/80/90 (+.3% AP) magical damage if it lands on a target. Enemies near the thrown blades are slowed by 5/7.5/10/12.5/15%. The blade can be recalled by pressing Q again, doing 20/30/40/50/60 (+.4% AP) magical damage to enemies it passes through. The cool down is lowered 1 second for every blade returned.
Additionally, Tempest gains more blades to use at level 3 and 5. Increases attack speed by 5% for each blade not in use.
*Notes* She has to wait until all blades are out before recalling them.
Animation: Tempest throws a conjured blade in a targeted direction. All enemies that it passes through spark with a matching colored flame. The blade stays in place similar Olafís. If the slow is consumed by Kingslayer the target(s) have a flame symbol on their heads. While not in use the blades levitate around her.
Cooldown: 2 seconds between blades, 10 seconds if all are used.
Cost: 40/45/50/55/60
Range: 800

Attachment 567277
W:
Name:
Mierdisí Tether
Effect: Tempest marks her target with a sigil that burns nearby enemies for 30/45/60/75/90 (+.2% AP) magic damage per second for 3 seconds. The sigil can be placed on the map and can be stepped on to be activated. While in place it reveals the surrounding location for 6 seconds. Allies that pick up the sigil receive 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% ability power and attack damage increase. The sigil lasts 20 seconds.
Additionally, if any Daestra Blades are currently out then they fly to the target, doing damage to all enemies they pass through.
Animation: The target has an effect similar to Sunfire Cape except the flickering flames match the color of her magic.
Cooldown: 17/15/13/11/9
Cost: 70/90/110/130/150
Range: 600

Attachment 567273
E:
Name:
Alter Dominion
Effect: Enemy champions in a cone are Terrified for 1 second, running away from Tempest. During this time they take 60/80/100/120/140 (+.5 AP) magical damage per second.
Animation: Tempest throws out a volley of flaming skulls. If minions are struck, the skulls explode. If enemy champions are struck the skull latches on and laughs until it explodes.
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
Range: 500 cone, 300 area of explosion

Attachment 567276
R:
Name:
Kingslayer
Effect: Tempest charges one of her blades for up to 3 seconds doing 200/300/400 (1 second), 300/400/500 (2 seconds), 400/500/600 (3 seconds)(+.6% AP) magical damage to all enemies in a line, stunning them for 1/2/3 seconds. If the enemies survive, they take an additional 5% as true damage over 5 seconds.
Animation: Tempest takes hold of one her swords and holds it above her head. The sword grows bigger each second. After itís charged the player controls where the blade will go when she drops it.
Cooldown: 120/90/60
Cost: 150/200/250
Range: 800/900/1000.
Quote: Iíll destroy you all!

Quote:
[Center]Overview of Abilities:[/Center]

Weapon Conjurer is what will really give Tempest the edge in a fight. But in order to capitolize on its damage output Q must be maxed out first. Each of the blades that remain unused give Tempest an attack speed buff which will help keep her mark active with each attack. What this does is refresh the stacks made when she auto attacks. If at full stacks Tempest can see all three Daestra blades attacking if theyíre not in use. This will make her a deadly 1v1 combatant.

Q, Daestra Bladeís, will serve multiple roles by itself. First itís her poke/harass ability that can also slow enemies if they walk over the blade. To maximize damage on this the player must aim exactly where the target is or will be so that they receive the blunt damage and the slow effect. Now if an ally walks over it instead the ability now becomes a support buff which will assist her allies. So with that itís not only a damage dealer but itís a buff or debuff as well. What can be better than that? Making them stack with W.

W, Mierdisí Teether, also serves a multi-role function. By itself the ability can act like a trap/ward in a bush. Enemies that walk across it are revealed and burn their surrounding allies and minions. If any Daestro blades are out then they automatically fly to the target, buffing them or debuffing them depending on if the target is friendly or hostile. To make it even better the buffs/debuffs will stack if multiple blades are out.

Alter Dominion, E, serves as a crowd control ability and damage dealer for Tempest. Though alone it doesnít do much (or isnít supposed to) but when stacked near each other the skulls explode in tandem and potentially harming a whole team. If timed right the minor damage can combine to turn a battle around.

K-k-k-k-Kingslayer! Is her ultimate (R). No kidding, right? Well what else could a large, glowing, malevolent be for? Not for cutting butter Iíll tell you that. Basically the longer itís able to be held down the more damage it does. However the weakness to this is being crowd controlled before she can get it off. And of course dying in the process. A good way to prevent that is using Q for a slow, then E for a fear, then hoping you can survive the next two seconds while it finishes charging and before they can get to Tempest.

Overall Tempest is not to be trifled with or taken lightly though there are ways to mitigate her damage or just flat out shut her down. I can easily see her settling in at the 6300 IP mark as a fun yet slightly complex champion to master. Iím looking forward to seeing how she does here and potentially on the Fields of Justice. Tempest will take Runeterra by Storm.
Quote:
[Center]Skins[/Center]

Tempest Swain, the Ethereal Sorceress Her default skin. Her magic is a dark pink.
Blood of Noxus Tempest Her wearing the outfit she had while leading the Blood of Noxus forces. Her magic is crimson in color.
Bilgewater Tempest Yar har! Tempest is a pirate! Her magic is green but the skulls in her E are tan/white.
Dark Queen Tempest Her royal attire! This was what she was wearing when she was finally brought to justice. Her magic could either be purple, black or colorless.
Quote:
[CENTER]For more champions please visit:
Wulffe's Collection - Champions and Maps and Skins, oh my![/CENTER]

Cryoshell17

12-01-2012

Good concept.

Innate : I'm not sure on how the residue works. Perhaps an example would make it a little more clear. Other then that it's a good passive.

Q : Good spam-able harass.

W : Good trap/DoT .6% still doesn't seem like a lot. Maybe a little more

E : Name is already taken by Renekton's Ultimate (But whatever it's a concept not set in stone.) Good AoE attack. Good Scaling.

R : Somewhat lackluster but still very effective.

Good concept so far. ^^

Wulffe

12-01-2012

Wow. Quick response!

Thanks for looking over her. I was going to explain her passive in the overview section. Basically it applies an on hit affect. She does more damage to the same target if she keeps hitting them.

What would you suggest for her W percentage?

And you're right...it is taken by Renekton. I should have known that since he's one of my favorite champs. And here I was thinking I was being creative. >< I'll fix it when I come up with something else.

And what do you mean by her ult is lackluster? She summons a giant sword and crushes people with it, Limitbreaker style. :[

Thanks again for your time and I'm glad you liked it. :]

Cryoshell17

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulffe View Post
Wow. Quick response!
Weekend's really brings out the speed in some people ^^

Quote:
Thanks for looking over her. I was going to explain her passive in the overview section. Basically it applies an on hit affect. She does more damage to the same target if she keeps hitting them.
That makes a lot more sense.

Quote:
What would you suggest for her W percentage?
Somewhere in between Nidilee's W and Malzahar's E. Unless .6% is .60% then you're fine.

Quote:
And you're right...it is taken by Renekton. I should have known that since he's one of my favorite champs. And here I was thinking I was being creative. >< I'll fix it when I come up with something else.
No hurry here. :3

Quote:
And what do you mean by her ult is lackluster? She summons a giant sword and crushes people with it, Limitbreaker style. :
Ooooohhhhh...That makes a lot more sense...I just thought the flames got bigger not the sword itself. My bad ._.

Quote:
Thanks again for your time and I'm glad you liked it. :]
It's what I do. Perhaps a friendly glance at my own idea would be alright? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2838138 You don't have to if you don't want to. :3

Anachronity

12-01-2012

This champion is hilariously complicated. It seems like every ability has two or three extra effects that just don't need to be there.

-Passive seems fine

-Her Q ability is actually pretty interesting once you wade through all the text. However, she gets a 120% AP ratio with a 2 second cooldown if she lands the blade on the target, which wouldn't be too difficult if it's like Olaf's ability. That's way too much. I'm a little unclear about when she's allowed to recall the blades, but that's potentially another 70% AP ratio. All of that for a normal ability is just way too much.

-Her W, as written, is an instant kill. That's 900+3*AP damage total even if she doesn't have any blades out. This is substantially stronger than Syndra's ultimate, and it's a normal ability.

-I read her E ability thinking "finally, a halfway reasonable ability" before I read the part "Afterwards each affected champion explodes". On further review that just about sums up this ability. It's about as strong as Sona's ultimate and would be absurdly effective against a group of enemy champions. Again, this is a normal ability.

-Ironically this is her weakest ability. It's actually pretty well-balanced for an ultimate. You haven't listed a cooldown, hopefully that doesn't mean that it doesn't have a cooldown or I would like to retract everything I just said. The mana cost is too high.

I can tell you put a lot of work into designing this champion, but the majority of these abilities are too complicated with absurdly high numbers. I am writing this under the assumption that .6% means 60% AP ratio, but even if that is not the case her base numbers are much too high.

Wulffe

12-01-2012

An hour and a half and 4 'website broken' messages later I have her overview, stats and ability art in. -.-

Anachronity,

For her Q I figured it'd be a little too high. I was pretty much just waiting for someone to tell me that.I nerfed it down to 20/30/40/50/60 (+.4% AP) initial 'pass through' damage and 50/60/70/80/90 (+.3% AP) blunt damage (if it lands on the last target). Yes it is similar to Olaf's and can be recalled after all blades are out. The recall can be used immediately though they do not refresh the cooldown, only lowers it. I raised the overall cooldown by 2 seconds.

I also lowered the damage on her W to 30/45/60/75/90 (+.2% AP). This is supposed to be similar to Mordekaiser's E but castable on both allied and enemy champions and effect only surrounding units. It only reveals the target if they run out of LoS.

So what you're saying is the explosion is just too much? That's fine with me, I was thinking the rest of it just wasn't enough. I have no qualms in getting rid of that part. Consider it done.

I forgot to add the cooldown to her R. I must have looked over it. I've added that in. Funny though, I thought the damage would be too high for an ult. Glad I at least made something besides the passive reasonable. xD

Tell me what you think with the new numbers.

Edit: I also changed her selection quote as it was too much like her ultimate quote. I believe the new one is more fitting for her.

Moby the White

12-01-2012

that is so cool how you make those spell icons how do you do that?
and how do you make it so your links have titles

Wulffe

12-01-2012

I get all of mine from http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons.php. Save the icon you want then upload it to your post through the advanced post. Click the paperclip, manage attachments, pick the attachments you to upload and then go back to the paperclip and click the item.

As for making them have titles you click the little earth image with binoculars in a regular post, put in your link and then add in whatever you want.

I.e. Hive Workshop. If you quote me you can see the example.

Moby the White

12-01-2012

Quote:
I get all of mine from http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons.php. Save the icon you want then upload it to your post through the advanced post. Click the paperclip, manage attachments, pick the attachments you to upload and then go back to the paperclip and click the item.

As for making them have titles you click the little earth image with binoculars in a regular post, put in your link and then add in whatever you want.

I.e. Hive Workshop. If you quote me you can see the example.
oh cool just like basic coding
edit: what about getting more than one quote per reply is there an easy way to do that?

Wulffe

12-02-2012

If there is I don't know it. I just copy one quote and paste it with the other. :|