Sexuality and Friendship

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
It is implied that when someone says she favors a relationship, male relationships in Scarlena's case, that she would choose to be around males more and choose males over females to do things, etc.

Scarlena and Mere are not the same in all of their actions, but similar because they both pine/pined for Ssraeshza's attention, were eager to attempt to win over his affection, and were brainwashed by him. However, at least Mere admits her faults, that's more than I can say for Scarlena. When I was new to OT, I stalked old posts made by regulars. Scarlena has changed. She was like the common woman, like you and I, with realistic emotions and logic. Over time, she progressed into a more cold, stern, and Ssraeshza-like clone, but on a less offending level. He even convinced her indirectly to call me sexist, several times, yet she still casually talks to him despite his consistent blatant sexism. (If you really believe he's just trolling, then you are in denial. No one watches women-hate videos all day, everyday, for months, and spouts sexist drivel constantly and isn't sexist.) Oh, but hey, she is still willing to write him up an email. I recognize this behavior because I used to do the same thing when I was 15. I was drawn to the jerk because I wanted to be his exception and feel like a special flower. And then I grew up and gained a backbone. I don't allow myself to be manipulated by others. I have my own morals and opinions and they don't change just because I want the strategically manipulative neighborhood a$$hole to like me.He is consistent in his ideals and surprisingly wins people over who are easily manipulated. He's like an online-version of Hitler. Hitler turned a nation into direct and indirect murderers all because he knew what to say. Ssraeshza likes to add in 1% of actual logic and ideals most people can legitimately agree with, 30% insults (which actually works if you consistently insult and mix in intelligent terms, without faltering. This will make your opponent wary of his own defense. This tactic is frequently used by Ssraeshza and Dobagoh. Dobagoh has successfully won arguments against Ssraeshza because of it.), and 69% bullshit. Furthermore, I don't think Scarlena is trying to hurt or troll either. I just legitimately feel she is a dumb person, among other things. My mind has never changed. If she doesn't want to receive this type of response then she shouldn't post (which she is doing a fantastic job of right now, keep up the good work!) and/or call people insulting terms. You reap what you sow.

Let's summarize!:
Scarlena is easily brainwashed-

1. She pined for Ssraeshza's attention and still desires it through posts asking minute and pointless questions directed at him.
2. She was indirectly convinced to call me sexist multiple times and a bltch once.
3. What kind of pathetic woman pines for the affection of a person who insults people unwarranted and clearly bashes your entire gender on a daily basis? Answer: A Scarlena, Mere Intricacy, and Elen. OH, you special flowers desire so much to be referred to as "sweetheart" from his vile fingers that you're willing to ignore all the heinous things he does!
Scarlena is an attention wh0re-
1. Posted a picture of herself on a bed with lots of clevage and leg. (I actually wouldn't care about slvtty pictures if I didn't know how much of a moron she is.)
2. When I was still new to OT and Ssraeshza had a crush on me and gave me attention, she would show up spouting obvious jealousy. She did that quite a few times. She even copied the title of a thread I made in the same day. ThinkSammich even pointed it out that it looked like she was fighting for attention against me.

Scarlena is manipulative-
1. She pretended the purpose of posting previous photo was to show off a ferret's head in the side of the picture, which you couldn't see without pointing it out.
2. Agrees with sexist ideology men produce more than logical unsexist ideology women produce to attain a man's affection and attention. E.G. Ssraeshza

Scarlena is a backstabber (against women and boyfriend)-
1. Ssraeshza > Standin
2. Frequently agrees with vile behavior often committed by men, but hates many normal, unoffensive behaviors conducted by women.
3. Will defend a man's biology, but not a woman's.
4. Flirted and claimed she would have sex with Ssraeshza while she was in a relationship with her boyfriend. This can also be placed in attention wh0re category.
Scarlena is a hypocrite-
1. She hated that I was "sexist," yet continued a friendship with Ssraeshza until the less-manipulated people (likely men) showed her the light. However, she still desires his biased and skewed compliments and attention.
Conclusion: Unjust bltch. I could have told you she favored male relationships over female relationships before she even posted this thread.
I can continue to go on and ignore her idiocy as long as it isn't extreme.
Wow, so mad lol

ITT:
Round girl mad at a girl that actually has sex appeal.
So common. So predictable.

Dobagoh

12-02-2012

I think the reason JtF always compliments semi-funny looking fat girls (Mere, Scarlena) is because he subconsciously knows that's the best he could ever do.

Jesus the Friend

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Men are not trying to be "just platonic friends" with women they find even remotely attractive.

Even if it's just to have "something nice to look at", or someone to flirt with, or to put on a hypothetical "back-burner" for a future hook-up when no one is looking, or maybe they just want to punish themselves with fantasies about their co-workers...men aren't looking for just and only friendship from a decent looking woman.

You can tell this to a thousand girls, and maybe 1 will understand this, because they've all been fooled by these guys into thinking they're so awesome a guy just wants to be friends with her like her friendship is worth that much to him. Most women have to grow old and bitter before they understand this.
Not sure why this is downvoted. It is reality.
Men don't want to be friends with attractive women.
Basically...

Quote:
If you're an ugly girl, I can be your friend, np.
If you're a sexy girl though, I can only be your friend if you let me feel you up.
This.

Quote:
think the reason JtF always compliments semi-funny looking fat girls (Mere, Scarlena) is because he subconsciously knows that's the best he could ever do.
Are you still angry about your 2 inch penal system?

Kohana Sushi

12-02-2012

Quote:
If I felt she manipulated you, I would have said that. I don't think she has, but I'm positive she would choose a male friend over you.
While I consider Scarlena very mature for her age, she is still going through the same experiences we all went through at that age, feeling the same feelings, etc. I know I would have preferred to hang out with the boys at her age. You said yourself you were the same way at 15... I mean good for you for growing up faster in that regard, but most people go through that later in life. Now that I like having girlfriends, that doesn't make me a better person; my values are just different. And maybe she just subconsciously wants a boyfriend, so she is showing more interest in males. If I were single, while I value female friends more than I did at Scar's age, I would certainly be more down to hang out with males because, to put it biologically, I would be trying to attract a mate. So if she chooses a male friend over me... in what context? Blow me off when we had plans? Yeah, that would piss me off and I'd confront her about it, but I don't think that's what she's saying she'd do. If she were constantly making plans with guys instead of me? Okay, that might make me sad, but I really wouldn't hold it against her, and I certainly wouldn't think she is a slvt for it.

Quote:
What? I don't think you're a bad person.
Sorry, I was being preemptive with those comments.

Jesus the Friend

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Flowers View Post
While I consider Scarlena very mature for her age, she is still going through the same experiences we all went through at that age, feeling the same feelings, etc. I know I would have preferred to hang out with the boys at her age. You said yourself you were the same way at 15... I mean good for you for growing up faster in that regard, but most people go through that later in life. Now that I like having girlfriends, that doesn't make me a better person; my values are just different. And maybe she just subconsciously wants a boyfriend, so she is showing more interest in males. If I were single, while I value female friends more than I did at Scar's age, I would certainly be more down to hang out with males because, to put it biologically, I would be trying to attract a mate. So if she chooses a male friend over me... in what context? Blow me off when we had plans? Yeah, that would piss me off and I'd confront her about it, but I don't think that's what she's saying she'd do. If she were constantly making plans with guys instead of me? Okay, that might make me sad, but I really wouldn't hold it against her, and I certainly wouldn't think she is a slvt for it.
Blondie;
Could it be possible that she dislikes girl politics?

I am not a woman but every woman I've ever become close to has told me that girl on girl interactions are marred by constant betrayal and undermining of each other's success/life. This is not something that occurs with male on male interactions or male on female ones. I am not saying all women are like BDSandM and standin, but I would say the overwhelming majority of them are. It is easier to tear down the competition , especially from the inside, than to try to compete with them directly.

She doesn't really have to be "subconsciously looking for a boyfriend", I'm sure a girl like Scarlena would have no problem finding a guy to .... become "acquainted" with. Oh and btw, I think all three of you are misandrists.

Dobagoh

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Are you still angry about your 2 inch penal system?
JtF you realize not everyone is as small as you, right?

Kohana Sushi

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Blondie;
Could it be possible that she dislikes girl politics?

I am not a woman but every woman I've ever become close to has told me that girl on girl interactions are marred by constant betrayal and undermining of each other's success/life. This is not something that occurs with male on male interactions or male on female ones. I am not saying all women are like BDSandM and standin, but I would say the overwhelming majority of them are. It is easier to tear down the competition , especially from the inside, than to try to compete with them directly.

She doesn't really have to be "subconsciously looking for a boyfriend", I'm sure a girl like Scarlena would have no problem finding a guy to .... become "acquainted" with. Oh and btw, I think all three of you are misandrists.
I will not give a real response to such a loaded question; sorry.

Jesus the Friend

12-02-2012

It's to be expected from you, blondie.

Though I'm pretty sure she would agree with my assessment and disagree with yours.

Gazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

aaaand finished reading all 11 pages.

my comments:
1) I like how only the women degraded into attractiveness competitions and "oh gurl you a hoe *snaps fingers*" commentary. predictable.
2) Campir's comment was well-written and well-thought out and pretty accurately explains what I was thinking while reading the thread [but bro, please. LotR. </3].
3) Kohana, I'm mad proud of you for staying so level-headed in this thread. I know I haven't been around for awhile but from what I remember it seems like you handled this leaps and bounds beyond what I remember from old OT.
4) it was nice to see not EVERYONE fell into a "let's rank how hott all the women in OT are," once the thread started to degrade into drivel.

my comments on the topic at hand: with the circles I run in [e.g., video gamers, computer scientists, higher education, etc.], most of my friends tend to be male. I would say it is about a 70/30 split between my male and female friends. my musing for this reasoning is completely based on anecdotal evidence and may or may not be correct, but in my experiences females who surround themselves with men are usually less kind or accepting towards other women entering that group [this has happened to me in online and offline settings]. however, most of my closest friends and mentors/advisors tend to be female, though they are usually from peripheral groups [e.g., friends from highschool, my housemate].

I would say in general, Scar, many, but not all, of my male friends when I was younger had significant sexual tension aspects. as it stands now, this is less of a thing. I presume this is the case for several reasons:
1) I am in a healthy relationship and not trying to find ways to fuck it up and/or get out of it.
2) most of the offline male friends I am meeting in graduate school have long-term girlfriends and I do not find this trait attractive as I am not a homewrecker.
3) many of my male friends online and offline I have known for 5+ years. these friends are more like family that possible sexual interests. this does not, however, diminish the enjoyment I get from these relationships.

I would be interested to hear about people's dating history with this topic as a springboard. personally, I always pull from my friends when looking for a dating partner because they have already proven to be worthy of friendship and have traits I find appealing. I have never understood the concept of blind dates or asking strangers out on a date [by extension, dating websites somewhat confuse me, as it's not like playing a video game where you both have a joint shared interest you do together...you're just both there because you want to date (this is not meant to offend any dating site frequenters)]. Do you generally date friends or strangers? why?

sammich kek

12-02-2012

lol this thread is out of control.