Please Bring (At Least Some Form of) Thornmail Back.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashielf Magna

12-01-2012

Even if you just create a new item that substitutes as a weaker version (i.e. 70 armour and 15% damage return).

1) I used to main Rammus until this disaster happened. And I tell you, he has feelings, too. Thornmail for him is like boots for anyone else. It's his precious.
2) All the Vaynes, Kayles, and Jaxes I have come against - I don't even. Even as Malphite with 400+ armour and 3k+ health, I just melt (Yes I am exaggerating, but it's still true. With no thornmail, they just focus my DPS's then when they're all dead they have no fear to attack me, and in due time I die).

riot pls

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Sessamo

12-01-2012

You're aware that ranged AD is currently the worst class in 3s, right?

Ashielf Magna

12-01-2012

At the moment I would disagree, but that is possible (with the exception of melee AD at least). But there are other methods that they could have used to make AD more viable in TT, such as simply weaken Thornmail, not completely remove it. Because there ARE some champions out there who benefit very greatly from Thornmail, whose usefulness is shaky without it, such as Rammus, Galio, Leona, even Cho'gath and Malphite. Especially when against a team of more than one ranged AD.

The Untold

12-01-2012

Ranged AD is so terrible on 3's, they removed thornmail so the tanks didn't have a hard counter to carries anymore, which is fair considering you can usually 3 shot them.

gi3bnvd

12-01-2012

frozen heart
randuin's omen

Redenbacher

12-01-2012

If you're playing Malphite with Randuin's and Frozen Heart... no ADC should even have a fighting chance if you are present to add Ground Slam to the mix. Those two armor items have always been superior to thornmail.

Also, Frozen Heart is arguably a better buy on Rammus because max CDR is so potent on him.

Sessamo

12-01-2012

Quote:
Rammus, Galio, Leona
These are very situational picks. They aren't bad, but they also aren't champions you should be blind picking.

Quote:
Cho'gath and Malphite
These two are exceptionally strong picks, but I can't say I've ever seen Cho or Malphite take thornmail over Frozen Heart.

PlatinumDreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

I completely agree I used to main rammus untill i branched out a little and Malphite my friend is unstoppable you just have to learn your build but, yes Thornmail is to rammus as Guinsoo's Rageblade is to jax it really isn't fair