Braum's kit feels incomplete. A slight rework idea, check it out!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodzillaMagnum

05-15-2014

So after getting a good deal of Braum games in, I feel like he's lacking something in is kit. W and E feel kind of redundant, like having 2 ally shielding moves on seperate buttons doesn't make a lot of sense and ends up making him feel very 1 dimensional (stand in lane and look for a chance to Q). So I had an idea that would add some more offensive and support flair to the character AND let him use a poro in his kit. I mean come on, how can he not have a move involving a poro?

So here's my idea:

Q - Easy to understand ability. Simple, does its job well. Wouldn't change it.

W and E feel very similar and thus somewhat limiting on his kit. Both skills are "protect ally" so why not condense them into 1?

W - Braum raises his shield and blocks incoming projectiles. Same functionality as E. W can be recast a second time within the next few seconds to jump to target ally, increasing their armor / MR. If no target is selected, braum increases his own defenses on second cast.

And here's my idea for his new E. It incorporates the poro and lets him use his W's jump more offensively or to escape.

E - Braum tosses his poro in target direction. The poro has 2 hits of health (like wards only 2 instead of 3). The poro will remain in place for the next 30 seconds and act as a lookout. Braum can recast E to recall the poro. If the poro has remained out for 5 seconds, he grows a mustache and charges towards braum when recalled, slightly knocking back enemies in his path and dealing damage. Braum can use his W's jump to jump to the poro. If the poro is killed, it returns to braum and its cooldown is doubled.

R - Is fine, would leave the same.

I feel like his kit would feel more complete both in play and thematically with these changes. Of course this could use some tuning but thats the general idea of the abilities. Opinions?

Snibob

05-15-2014

Great idea! Love the poro

SirLapse

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaMagnum View Post
So after getting a good deal of Braum games in, I feel like he's lacking something in is kit. W and E feel kind of redundant, like having 2 ally shielding moves on seperate buttons doesn't make a lot of sense and ends up making him feel very 1 dimensional (stand in lane and look for a chance to Q). So I had an idea that would add some more offensive and support flair to the character AND let him use a poro in his kit. I mean come on, how can he not have a move involving a poro?

So here's my idea:

Q - Easy to understand ability. Simple, does its job well. Wouldn't change it.

W and E feel very similar and thus somewhat limiting on his kit. Both skills are "protect ally" so why not condense them into 1?

W - Braum raises his shield and blocks incoming projectiles. Same functionality as E. W can be recast a second time within the next few seconds to jump to target ally, increasing their armor / MR. If no target is selected, braum increases his own defenses on second cast.

And here's my idea for his new E. It incorporates the poro and lets him use his W's jump more offensively or to escape.

E - Braum tosses his poro in target direction. The poro has 2 hits of health (like wards only 2 instead of 3). The poro will remain in place for the next 30 seconds and act as a lookout. Braum can recast E to recall the poro. If the poro has remained out for 5 seconds, he grows a mustache and charges towards braum when recalled, slightly knocking back enemies in his path and dealing damage. Braum can use his W's jump to jump to the poro. If the poro is killed, it returns to braum and its cooldown is doubled.

R - Is fine, would leave the same.

I feel like his kit would feel more complete both in play and thematically with these changes. Of course this could use some tuning but thats the general idea of the abilities. Opinions?
I know people wanted poros in his kit, but it's just insanely unbalanced to make a knock-up that's dependent on bush vision. It'd literally make him not fun to play against at all because you'd need to ward the bushes. There's no real counter-play to that except "don't be in the bush where it's in." Zyra's seeds can be stepped on, and that doesn't seem humane or logical for the same to occur to poros, much less kill them. Actually, if anyone tried to get rid of the little dude, they'd get blasted with CC like Teemo's ultimate...how exactly is that balanced?

Also, the efficiency of his current E is based around being able to use it after W so that you'll tank, not that you'll jump to a champion after using it, running away like a little girly man.

Akifovich

05-15-2014

He's been out for like 2 days everyone stop spamming comments about Braun jeez