Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

about the buff rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crystal Nexus

12-01-2012

Because many have complained about the new buff rework I want show you my worked out buff rework, please take a look at it and give some feedback. If you have your own rework you can post it here.

problem-setting:

old buff design:
The problem at the old buff design is that the buffs overlap and sometimes in fast situations it is hard to see what buffs the champion has.

new buff design:
• At the new buff design the problem is that every single buff have a single layer so the buffs with the smaller layer are harder to see.
• The second disadvantage is that the buffs seem weaker in the smaller layers because they have less space for disposal.

Rework idea:
• At my rework all buffs are at the same layer but each has his own space.
• The next point are the stones which spin around the champion. At this version not every buff has his own stones as with the old and new buff design on live and PBE servers, they share them. With one buff all four stones have the same color, with two buffs 2x2 stones have different colors and with three buffs only three stones are shown (because 4:3 is not possible) and all of them have a different color. See pictures...

568150 568149

Pushxx

12-01-2012

Wow great idea!

Darkness Beckons

12-01-2012

eh, for me they are just too darkish, other than that its all good

Voidgolem

12-01-2012

My only complaint about the new buffs is the new Baron buff isn't very...visible, really.

Crystal Nexus

12-03-2012

Update:
Added two more pictures from the double buff.

ploki122

12-03-2012

Actually, this would only me the (their) matter worse. The chose to reduce the vision of the buffs because it created visual noise. Basically, who has what buff isn't really relevant in a fight, You like to know when you have the buff, but otherwise, red and blue buffs create little to no change in gameplay... You will still hit the ones that deal the most damages (carries) first, and buffs are most likely to be on them.

The only one that could actually make a difference in how you would play it is the baron buff... and afaik, he's still pretty easy to spot right now, and in any cases, you should really know when they have the baron buff (all 5 have it and it should be perma warded, otherwise, if they are 5 mia for a minute and appear from the baron zone, expect them to have it).

LightEcho

12-04-2012

Pretty good Idea but most likely they won;t use it, since they've already committed the resources to making the new buff particles.