Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The New 3v3 Altars Ruin This New Map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Eat Slippers

12-01-2012

If they removed the Altars for this map, I would love this map much more. It allows the team to dominate/snowball out of control if they can keep the points. And, some people just don't get how devastating it is to not have the +3 gold for 10-15 minutes. And, the fact that it increases magic and physical damage by 10%. If I'm losing a game already, and they take those points, I'm losing even more. And, if you attempt to get them back when they are on your side of the field, it's pretty much letting them get an initiate onto your team/have a team-mate get caught. If I'm winning it lets me win even more! Please just remove this altars from the map please!
Have a good day,

The Slipper Eater

Edit: I know it's not even close to dominion, but what I was trying to say is that I don't like having to have the game focused on trying to get a altar, so you don't lose the game as easy. I used to play dominion only, and it was fun to me, even if it isn't balanced. But, like other have suggested, I would be ok with the altars, if they didn't make it as easy as it is now to capture the altars. I hate having to try and do a suicide dive to keep them from having the altar. I just hope you all have a good day!

PurpleURP

12-01-2012

preaching to the choir man, but riot just doesn't care about the hardcore TT players before the map change. we can't get them to change the map back reguardless of how much they've betrayed the people who only played threes the past two seasons, sadly it's here to stay. However, riotnome has come out saying that there are going to be some changes to the new map, specifically the altars coming in next patch. hopefully that fixes some the problems.

EDIT: It would be cool if they changed the altars to buff camps. It would make jungling better with 4 camps total, and they could change the speed altar mid to a red buff, make that map objective instead of the altars. Basically, I agree the altars are dumb and dont make fun counter play.

ps riot nome is a rascally dog

Sessamo

12-01-2012

I really like the altars, I just think there should be a way to protect them other than standing on it.
Damage should slow the capture, at least.

Infirc

12-01-2012

was going to upvote, then saw it's a thread of a Moron comparing something he doesn't know to Dominon which is clearly something he doesn't know either, downvoted moron.

Weenis Too

12-01-2012

theres nothing wrong with want the old tt map as a option... but everything you said to explain why its bad is wrong. The altars just change the games pace/teamfighting but snowballing isnt that big of a deal on this map anymore its strongly based on who has the best focus/skill. Comebacks from the grave are easyyyyyyyyyyyy on this map.

Fallen Mushroom

12-02-2012

I wish there was neutral monster with buff instead of altars.

I Eat Slippers

12-02-2012

Quote:
Infirc:
was going to upvote, then saw it's a thread of a Moron comparing something he doesn't know to Dominon which is clearly something he doesn't know either, downvoted moron.

I don't get what's with the insults. Was it really necessary to add them into it? Imagine if that "dominion" addition to it was removed, which was obviously my mistake, would you agree with me? And, I used to play plenty of dominion all the time, but what I was trying to say was that, in dominion you could stop them from capturing by auto attacking them. While, in this one you have to literally stand in the middle of the enemy team to stop them from capturing. If they added some type of way to help stop them from getting it, rather than standing on it, then I would accept these altars. But, like I said, was adding the "moron" into your sentences going to help anything? But, other than that, have a good day summoner!

I Eat Slippers

12-02-2012

Quote:
Fallen Mushroom:
I wish there was neutral monster with buff instead of altars.

Exactly what I would suggest if they were to remove the altars. But, I know that they wont remove it, but I could just have my say on what I would like to happen to this map, since 3v3's where my main playing map in S2.

I Eat Slippers

12-02-2012

Quote:
Sessamo:
I really like the altars, I just think there should be a way to protect them other than standing on it.
Damage should slow the capture, at least.

This. I would suggest exactly this, if they aren't ever going to remove the altars, which I know they wont, but it's just my 2 cents. I hope you have a good day summoner!

SaintHax

12-02-2012

Quote:
I Eat Slippers:
It allows the team to dominate/snowball out of control if they can keep the points. And, some people just don't get how devastating it is to not have the +3 gold for 10-15 minutes.

If you can't get one of the alters for 10-15 minutes, you deserve to lose.

Quote:
I Eat Slippers:
If I'm losing a game already, and they take those points, I'm losing even more

That's part of the point. The same thing can be said about Baron in SR. It's so that a winning team can close out the game w/o it dragging on.

Quote:
I Eat Slippers:
I would be ok with the altars, if they didn't make it as easy as it is now to capture the altars. I hate having to try and do a suicide dive to keep them from having the altar. I just hope you all have a good day!

If you lurked the forums first, you'd know they are working on changing this. The alters will stay, I'm sure. It rewards pushing the lane as opposed to freezing/farming the lane. If you push to tower and last hit, you then get both alters (or the tower takes damage and the opponents miss farm) and you deny the tower farmers the extra bonus gold. This promotes a quicker game play.