My whole brain is crying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalosCast

10-09-2010

Below is an excerpt from a the instructions for a stats project that I have to do.

"Now Copy and Paste the histogram into M/S Word. Make sure you leave room below the output so that you can hand write the answers to the following questions."

Super Fun Challenge: see how many idiotic things you can find in these two sentences before you burst into tears. Try to keep in mind that this is written by a university statistics department.

VerKnight

10-09-2010

Those two sentences were written by a university statistics department? Where did they learn grammar?

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

Clearly I'm missing something.

English isn't my native language so perhaps you can go easy on me and explain what the big mistake(s?) are.

VerKnight

10-09-2010

For starters, copy and paste should not be capitalized. The second question should end in a : as it is introducing a list by using "the following questions". MS Word is not M/S Word.

That's what I saw quickly and too lazy to analyze further.

KalosCast

10-09-2010

****, I wasn't even talking about the grammar. They want you to copy the histogram into Microsoft Word, a word processing program, made specifically for writing things to print it out and hand-write the answers on.

For more fun, the histogram was made in Excel, which is perfectly capable of printing the histogram on its own.

VerKnight

10-09-2010

The grammar is still bad for something written by a university for homework instructions. <_<

But yes, now that you mention it......they are making you do it a more complex way.