Two Years and this is still an unfixed, And known issue, Fix it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Vagabob

02-05-2013

Headsets that emulate surround sound are horrible.

LoL is to be played with headset/mic.

L2play LoL.

Hakari L

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoRabiit View Post
You have an alright point, But imagine if you will that the games "origin of sound" came from where you champion is, simmilar to how the game functions when holding down spacebar. if the sound was oritented such as this, it wouldnt be hard to program surround sound.

The statement that "its not a major reason" I disagree with, But for differant reasons.

Here is my (quickly tossed togeather) comparison of surround sound and stero.

<LoL Stereo sound> Works alright, But you can only have Two properly functioning speakers due to LoL not having support for more,

<LoL Stereo emulated into surround> Using various methods, You will get various errors, Distorted noises, Overloud and muted sounds, Missing audio peices entirely such as the auto attack noise

<LoL with built in stereo> You would have "7.1" speakers playing correct unaltered audio and you could hear what direction threats are coming from, This would aid in "cluster fights" when you cant really see anything. It would also aid in the players ability to dodge incoming projectiles such as Mystic Shot, Or Javelin Toss since a player would hear wich direction the projection is coming from, And could have a chance at dodging based upon sound.

Its not the need for working surround sound so much as it is the need for MORE THAN TWO CORRECTLY FUNCTIONING SPEAKERS
Well I think there is something wrong with your setup. I used to use emulation and 5.1 speakers and it works fine. Not as good as native surround sound games obviously, but it works.

Right now I changed my hardware and I use a stereo headphone, I simply use Dolby Headphone and it works really well. Without it it's just plain hard panned sound, like if something is coming from your right only the right speaker will play it. With Dolby Headphone it's almost perfect in terms of positioning.

Rawr Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

bump

DingoRabiit

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakari L View Post
Well I think there is something wrong with your setup. "I used to use emulation and 5.1 speakers and it works fine. Not as good as native surround sound games obviously, but it works.

Right now I changed my hardware and I use a stereo headphone, I simply use Dolby Headphone and it works really well. Without it it's just plain hard panned sound, like if something is coming from your right only the right speaker will play it. With Dolby Headphone it's almost perfect in terms of positioning.
So your telling me that something is wrong with my setup, Because your old setup that "I used to use emulation and 5.1 speakers and it works fine."
Did you try it with LoL? Because only LoL Frigs up when emulating 2speakers out to seven, I can run old Super Nintendo emulators and those SNES games get the frickin emulation of speaker mapping correct, Everything i've touched OTHER THAN LoL emulates up from 2 to 7.1 Just Fine.

Also, FREAKING BUMP!!!!!!, I am so sick of the bottom half of the screen being Muted because i've got my System set to 4.1 out of 7.1 Just so i can hear LoL
5.1 out of 7.1 Way worse, Use 7.1 and its Horrifying emulation.
i literally Have to set my computer to Two Speakers, to tell my AMPLIFYER to multi channel the sound to the other seven speakers, And then the sound Kinda works, The bottom HALF isnt Muted, and my Center and both rears produce nothing, whilst the Sides act as a second set of stereo. I EVEN BOUGHT A NEW AMPLIYFER JUST TO BE SURE IT WASNT MY EQUIPMENT

I thought that riot "had someone working on this"? What the heck is going on?

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2013

I must say that Riot's effective ignorance toward surround sound handling has been a big factor in keeping me from finding surround solutions for my new home theater.

DingoRabiit

09-10-2013

Almost Three Years and This issue STILL EXSISTS!!!!.
When IS LoL going to support more than TWO SPEAKER AUDIO

Seriously!, The Riot crew has acknowledged that this is a PROBLEM and an ISSUE, that LoL's audio is Distorted and Incorrect when played on Greater Than two speakers Or a Non-Stereo audio setup