the female voice actress for Kayle/Katarina/Poppy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denambren

01-18-2010

Hi,

I don't want to offend any of the Riot staff who may have one of their wives or girlfriends playing the voice actress for Kayle/Katarina/Poppy, but man.. her voice just doesn't work for me. The acting is just not believable and is so jarring that it breaks my concentration when playing. Katarina's lines have to be the worst in all the game, imo. I always mute the voice volume when I hear this voice actress come up for one of the characters.

If anyone else shares this problem, please speak up and maybe we can avoid having this voice actress perform the lines for the next female champion.

Personally, I'd like to see a re-recording of voice acting for Kayle/Katarina/Poppy and Janna/Evelynn.

It's a real shame because the male voice acting is so good while the girls are pretty lackluster. Annie/Tristana and Anivia/Soraka are probably the best of the girls (in my opinion).

Admonished

01-18-2010

Katrina? yes everyone knows her voice sux.....Janna? mebbe i guess. The rest i think may more or less just be your personal preference.

MrLucid72

01-18-2010

Katarina is the only one that bothers me. And WHAT does she say/slurr at the beginning of champ select when you choose her? She sounds ... slow... lol

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

01-18-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback on the VO all, I promise it is not going unnoticed!

Dr Gankenstein

01-19-2010

TIME for the DON-se Muhcaaab-RUH.

In English, it would be "Time for the dance macabre." Bonus factoid - The R is silent in macabre.

Also, could there be a hero-specific mute option? I don't wanna have to mute voice volume everytime I play Kat or Veigar...

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

Kayle and poppy are fine.

Only problem with kat is what she says.

Viesus

01-25-2010

Agreed with Bagga on Kat. The voice is fine(I kinda just tune it out at this point), but the delivery needs work I think.

Xendeth

01-25-2010

Quick note on Kat's saying. the R is pronounced in the UK

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

It still sounds bad :P

I would like to see (or is it hear?) a rerecording of Katarina in particular. The delivery of her lines is just... BAD. I like the voice, just not the acting, if you know what I mean. I haven't played Kayle, but Poppy seemed just fine to me.

Personally, I like most of the other voice acting, though.

omnishaz

01-28-2010

I have to agree. Also the mispronunciation of macabre bothers me to no end.