Ask Sona Buvelle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskCaptainPlank

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
♪Sounds like they are just regular boys,♪ Sona noted, ♪Sorry, I seemed to have gotten off topic. What were we talking about?♪
"Exactly tha', they are supposed ta' be pirates, not lil' timmy aven' 'is first drink!" Gangplank coughed and spoke again. "We started by talkin' about 'ow yah had never 'eard a shanty before. Tha' troubles meh, yah be tha' one who knows tha' most music outta us champions an' yah done know what a shanty is."

Ask the String

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskCaptainPlank View Post
"Exactly tha', they are supposed ta' be pirates, not lil' timmy aven' 'is first drink!" Gangplank coughed and spoke again. "We started by talkin' about 'ow yah had never 'eard a shanty before. Tha' troubles meh, yah be tha' one who knows tha' most music outta us champions an' yah done know what a shanty is."
♪Well in my defense, I haven't familiarized myself with Bildgewater's customs as much as I would like,♪ Sona admitted, ♪Perhaps you could teach me to play a shanty, although I can't sing.♪

AskCaptainPlank

01-02-2013

Quote:
♪Well in my defense, I haven't familiarized myself with Bildgewater's customs as much as I would like,♪ Sona admitted, ♪Perhaps you could teach me to play a shanty, although I can't sing.♪
Gangplank thought about it for a few seconds. "Ah... suppose ah could, not exactly something tha' Saltwater scrouge be known for but ah guess ah can 'elp. Shantys be lighthearted tunes, even when tha' lyrics be dark yah still sing it or play it in yer case, as if it be happy."

Ask the String

01-02-2013

Quote:
Gangplank thought about it for a few seconds. "Ah... suppose ah could, not exactly something tha' Saltwater scrouge be known for but ah guess ah can 'elp. Shantys be lighthearted tunes, even when tha' lyrics be dark yah still sing it or play it in yer case, as if it be happy."
♪Well that shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me,♪ Sona remarked, ♪I try to keep my tunes as pleasant as possible.♪

AskCaptainPlank

01-02-2013

Quote:
♪Well that shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me,♪ Sona remarked, ♪I try to keep my tunes as pleasant as possible.♪
"It ain't hard, it be more like talkin' than singing most of tha' time, ah done know much 'bout how yah play tha' thing but yah can try." Gangplank said, unsure if Sona could preform a shanty.

Ask the String

01-02-2013

Quote:
"It ain't hard, it be more like talkin' than singing most of tha' time, ah done know much 'bout how yah play tha' thing but yah can try." Gangplank said, unsure if Sona could preform a shanty.
♪I'm sure it would be...different. But then again, I'm always up to learn new styles of music.♪

Sona seemed very eager to learn how to perform a shanty, even though it would be difficult for her to do so normally.

A Shiny Raichu

01-03-2013

A light sob could be heard approaching Sona from a short distance Tomo approached the songstress, mist in his eyes and smiled gently. His voice was rasp, though he cleared it right away. He opened his mouth, though if she noticed, would see it clattered a bit. He spoke to her almost quietly, a tone that was low but clear and audible

"S-Sona right? I...I was sent your way by a friend of mine. Im on a journey and...something had happened. I feel like it's coming to a halt now and...I can't let this happen."

The demihuman let his eyes drift to the side as he took in a large sniffle and used his forearm to wipe his nose a bit. He continued on while he tried to speak to her, clearly even though she was gente as an angel, he was still intimidated

"My friend said that..th..that."

He took in a deep breath and turned towards Sona. He was just going to tell her his motives for being there

"...That you are a very understanding and wise person. That I can seek comfort, guidance and more from you. I just..."

And with that, he started to sob more, almost uncontrollably. What happened that caused this sudden outburst? He was here for a reason. He was scared that he was going to get turned away. All he could do now is await for her response. Little does he know, that shes a mute. This would only get interesting.

(Still semi new to the forums. If I did this wrong let me know!)

Ask the String

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoGlaciertear View Post
A light sob could be heard approaching Sona from a short distance Tomo approached the songstress, mist in his eyes and smiled gently. His voice was rasp, though he cleared it right away. He opened his mouth, though if she noticed, would see it clattered a bit. He spoke to her almost quietly, a tone that was low but clear and audible

"S-Sona right? I...I was sent your way by a friend of mine. Im on a journey and...something had happened. I feel like it's coming to a halt now and...I can't let this happen."

The demihuman let his eyes drift to the side as he took in a large sniffle and used his forearm to wipe his nose a bit. He continued on while he tried to speak to her, clearly even though she was gente as an angel, he was still intimidated

"My friend said that..th..that."

He took in a deep breath and turned towards Sona. He was just going to tell her his motives for being there

"...That you are a very understanding and wise person. That I can seek comfort, guidance and more from you. I just..."

And with that, he started to sob more, almost uncontrollably. What happened that caused this sudden outburst? He was here for a reason. He was scared that he was going to get turned away. All he could do now is await for her response. Little does he know, that shes a mute. This would only get interesting.

(Still semi new to the forums. If I did this wrong let me know!)
((Nah you're good))

Sona turned to the man walking in, trying to comfort him.

♪Well, yes I guess I could offer guidance,♪ Her melodies played in a relaxing tune that would hopefully calm him down, ♪What would you like me to help you with?♪

AskCaptainPlank

01-03-2013

Quote:
♪I'm sure it would be...different. But then again, I'm always up to learn new styles of music.♪

Sona seemed very eager to learn how to perform a shanty, even though it would be difficult for her to do so normally.
"Very well, suppose we start with a little 'sperimentation." Gangplank brought out a piece of parchment from his back pocket, he wrote the words to a shanty down on it and handed it to Sona. "Try what yah can 'ere, try ta' sing tha' second lines in whateva way yah can."

General Taylor gained the day
Walk him along, John, carry him along
Carry him to his burying ground
To me way hay, you stormy
To me way hay, stormy

General Taylor died long ago
He's gone, me boys, where the winds never blow

We lowered him down with a silver chain
We made sure he wouldn't rise again

We dug his grave with a silver spade
His shroud of finest silk was made

Ask the String

01-03-2013

Quote:
"Very well, suppose we start with a little 'sperimentation." Gangplank brought out a piece of parchment from his back pocket, he wrote the words to a shanty down on it and handed it to Sona. "Try what yah can 'ere, try ta' sing tha' second lines in whateva way yah can."

To me way hay, you stormy
To me way hay, stormy

General Taylor died long ago
He's gone, me boys, where the winds never blow

We lowered him down with a silver chain
We made sure he wouldn't rise again

We dug his grave with a silver spade
His shroud of finest silk was made

Sona studied the lyric sheet before nodding back. She started playing her music in a energizing tune that mimicked the ones Gangplank's crew had, except much more musical.

♪Alright,♪ She replied, awaiting Gangplank to start the first lyric before playing her own, repeating the process until the song was finished.