The Home of the Chronokeeper (Ask Zilean)

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keeper Zilean

02-25-2014

Time magic, chronomancy as it is also called, is a dangerous yet easy to understand magic. So easy, in fact, that many who attempt to use it are unable to notice what it is they have done. There is one, however, who has mastered this type of magic.

Zilean, the Chronokeeper and a champion of the League of legends, is the only known master of chronomancy, and it did not come for free.

He is plagued with visions, often so real he can feel them as though they were real, caused by his mastery of time magic. Every moment of time seems to be of another one, one moment it will seem like it is from the past, another would seem like it was from the present, or it would appear to have been from the future. At times, all three seemed to blend together.

As to where this powerful mage lived, he lived in a tower in the center of a dried lake. While most would see a simple tower of stone in the middle of a dried lake, Zilean saw more. He saw the life that once lived in the lake, the people who once lived off the water of the lake, how it dried up, and even how it would return to being a source and center of life in the future. Rarely did he see how it now was, aside from home.

It was here, on this day, that he received a letter asking him to become part of the Ask a Champion program. He smiled to himself, knowing that the Institute would receive a letter from him that very day informing them he would. While he was sure they would be surprised to have his response the same day he would receive the request, he was busy decorating his home to allow visitors. While it would take time, he was able to reply to letters.
-----

While not what most would likely expect, Zilean's home was, for the most part, standard.

Clocks ranging from simple gear-work clocks to large grandfather clocks to sundials to stranger clocks can be found in rooms, but most of the furniture is standard and nearly new. Actually, they were kept in a constant state of being new, as they were magically enchanted to fix and clean themselves at the end of everyday, with the exception of the beds.

Windows were decorated with drapes of bright colors on one side and darker colors on the other side, the brighter front for viewing from inside the rooms and the darker back for the outside. To those looking in from the outside, they would think no one was in the tower, but to those looking out from the inside, they would be able to see changing in light.

As to the number of rooms, there were two rooms for each of the five floors, totaling ten. While most of the rooms had been for storage of time pieces and time-magic devices, they had since been changed into guest rooms, two kitchens, two shower rooms, a cozy meeting room, a master bed room, two work areas, and the last two were for guests to sleep in if any were to visit and spend the night.

There was a basement, but that was for League and Institute matters, complete with a portal to allow fast travel to and from the tower, though the basement door was normally locked.

While the tower was home to Zilean, he now opened his home to the public, or at least those who were willing to risk slight time alterations to themselves. He has assured the League that it will be minor, such as aging or becoming younger by a day. Letters, of course, were allowed, but he did not approve of packages being sent to him.

((Things to know:
1. Zilean cannot be threatened, he can see the future and will foresee threats to himself.
2. The furnishings are the only pieces that will be changed time-wise. They can be broken, but they will be replaced. If someone is hurt, they will remain hurt until they are taken care of.
3. Zilean's powers are much different from when he is on the Fields. Off of them, he is a simple mage, yet he is very powerful.
4. OC's and visiting champions are in no danger of being harmed by Zilean, he is a peaceful man.
5. All of Zilean's skins will likely play a part in how I RP him, and I may change them up every month or so.
6. I look forward to RP'ing this amazing champion by Riot, and I hope to do him justice.

7. Zilean will undergo... shifts, in his personality. These will lead to, probably, month-long changes to him and how I play him.
------

Current shift: Groovy Zilean

BloatedBile

02-25-2014

dear zil,

how is it that ur not insane? or are you already insane?

-bb

Keeper Zilean

02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear zil,

how is it that ur not insane? or are you already insane?

-bb
Zilean chuckled to himself after he read the letter. When he finished, be began stroking his beard in thought, thinking of how he would answer.

After a few seconds, he reached for his pen and paper and began his reply.

-----

Dear BB,

There is a point during one's insanity when they become sane. Such a state is my life now, visions that would drive normal people insane I see many times a day and have become use to them.

I am sane and in control of my actions.

~Zilean

BloatedBile

02-27-2014

dear zil,

but sometimes drunk persons say their not drunk even when its obvious they are. some people think bad ideas are good until it bites them from behind. i would know, i do it all the time. but you know urself best.

what do u eat?

-bb

Ask the Jax

02-27-2014

Dear Zilean,

Could I ask you for a favour, to not reveal my past to anyone? Especially the high summoners.

-Jax.

((BEARD STROKE OP))

Keeper Zilean

02-27-2014

Zilean wondered quietly to himself as he looked through his mail from the day. With a cup of coffee and a breakfast of sunny side eggs and jam toast, he began to formulating a response.

Once he finished his meal, he cleaned his hands off and reached for his pen and paper.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear zil,

but sometimes drunk persons say their not drunk even when its obvious they are. some people think bad ideas are good until it bites them from behind. i would know, i do it all the time. but you know urself best.

what do u eat?

-bb
Dear BB,

Belief is whether or not someone will believe what they hear is true or not, even if it comes from their own opinions. We will believe what we choose to believe, even if we convince ourselves or others to believe what is false.

I am sane, as far as I know, but others may think otherwise. They are entitled to their own opinions, as I am with mine.

As to my diet, it is primarily that which the Freljordian people eat, though I do eat other things that grow around the area of my tower, such as berries or frogs. It is a limited diet, but one I can change with a trip to buy groceries from another city-state or the Institute.

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Jax View Post
Dear Zilean,

Could I ask you for a favour, to not reveal my past to anyone? Especially the high summoners.

-Jax.

((BEARD STROKE OP))
Dear Grandmaster,

What I know of your past is what the high summoners know. I would never think of revealings one's past to others, even with their permission.

Your past and future are not mine to share or view with or for others. You needn't worry.

~Zilean

Ask the Gargoyle

02-27-2014

Galio walks up to the door leading to Zilean's housing. He knocks three times before moving back waiting for the chronomancer to open the door

((Glad to see we have a new Zilean))

Goau

03-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Gargoyle View Post
Galio walks up to the door leading to Zilean's housing. He knocks three times before moving back waiting for the chronomancer to open the door

((Glad to see we have a new Zilean))
((I've forgotten my log-in information for this smurf, but I have it written down, just not with me. Very sorry.))

The door to the tower would open after about a minute to reveal the Chronokeeper. The old man smiled in greeting. "Hello Galio. How have you been?" He asked.

Ask kog maw

03-04-2014

((As the former Zilean I bless this thread. May you have many visitors and few trolls.))

Ask the Gargoyle

03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goau View Post
((I've forgotten my log-in information for this smurf, but I have it written down, just not with me. Very sorry.))

The door to the tower would open after about a minute to reveal the Chronokeeper. The old man smiled in greeting. "Hello Galio. How have you been?" He asked.
"I have been fine, thank you. I was wondering if you had time to talk, I wish to simply chat with you today if that is fine"

12345 ... 9