Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

hey lets make a champ thats stupididly op and not do a damn thing to nerf him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zlain

12-01-2012

I mean i hold no illusions that i can beat anyone over my skill level with Elise as Elise vs almost whatever they are playing, particularly if its main champ of theirs. But equally skilled, or lower, Yes i've dominated the Jaxes i've had to face during laning phase. After that though it's more in the teams hands to help keep him under fed then in a single person(my) hands. Also just want to say I mid Elise significantly more then top, So my experience is slightly skewed.

Hussein Oda

12-01-2012

AP Xin laughs in the faces of Jax and Darius.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Which is why we see AP Xin in every major tournament, right?

I mean, whether or not Elise is superpowered, again, my point with her is that she's not been out long enough to REALLY know. She's not in any of the tournament patches as far as I know.

I saw ONE Xin Zhao jungle in the IPL tournament this weekend.

But Jax? He's a 4-year old champion that's selected numerous times in every, single, tournament. Not every match, granted, and that's mostly because he's a top and top has to be more flexible to bend to team comp issues, but he's selected at least once in every single tournament. He's used regularly in every Elo bracket.

And you know why Jax isn't nerfed? Because if you don't know how to play as him, you'll do terrible. So there are plenty of bad Jax players out there letting those who know how to play with him let their champ go unnerfed. It'd be hard to nerf Jax without making him completely unusable for those who can't figure out how to play him.

Hussein Oda

12-01-2012

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
Which is why we see AP Xin in every major tournament, right?

I mean, whether or not Elise is superpowered, again, my point with her is that she's not been out long enough to REALLY know. She's not in any of the tournament patches as far as I know.

I saw ONE Xin Zhao jungle in the IPL tournament this weekend.

But Jax? He's a 4-year old champion that's selected numerous times in every, single, tournament. Not every match, granted, and that's mostly because he's a top and top has to be more flexible to bend to team comp issues, but he's selected at least once in every single tournament. He's used regularly in every Elo bracket.

And you know why Jax isn't nerfed? Because if you don't know how to play as him, you'll do terrible. So there are plenty of bad Jax players out there letting those who know how to play with him let their champ go unnerfed. It'd be hard to nerf Jax without making him completely unusable for those who can't figure out how to play him.

Ofcourse AP Xin isn't seen in major tournaments. He's too busy being a man and using a real weapon, unlike that Jax fellow.

Uzell

12-01-2012

You are aware that any champ with even moderate mobility destroys Darius... not kidding, you can just run around him as Singed and watch your poison tick him down.

Mich567

12-01-2012

ABSOLUTELY every champ can be played well, and ABSOLUTELY every champ can be countered. Exploit his weaknesses (e.g., bad mobility... possibly gank after luring him... and of course, use counter champions like Teemo. All this has been said by the people above. Spell shields work well...) and don't feed him. Everything can be done in LoL. Oh, now we're talking about AP Xin...

Sir Bulldog

12-01-2012

Except for his ultimate, Darius doesn't bring a lot to the table. Yes, he will punish you if you try to 1v1 him. He was designed to 1v1. However, he struggles against champions with a lot of poke or a lot of utility. Therefore, teemo counters him pretty hard. He has a hard time damaging Mordekeiser since Mord can keep refreshing his shield. Kennen can poke Darius all day from a safe distance, forcing him to eventually go back and heal. Jax is also a good duelist once he gets to lvl 6. Kha Zix with evolved claws can duel darius pretty effectively since he was designed to 1v1 as well.

The point is, you have to find a character's weakness and exploit that weakness all game long. Darius doesn't have a good escape except for flash. If he is low on hp, he will prob die, since he can't get away.

Proxy345

12-01-2012

Teemo gives the middle finger to Darius on the top lane,at least a good Teemo who knows what he's doing lol

PoisonedPeace

12-01-2012

I think its a joke when people cry about Darius. I would rather face a Darius top than an irelia or an akali

Captain C0ckslam

12-02-2012

Darius is fine, you're just bad