Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Adolf Hitler gets a time ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LONG JOHNSON

12-01-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5988200/#nogo

First off, its nice that the tribunal doesnt even say what the name is, so you have to rely on additional comments, if they decide to leave any. Anywho, it appears this guys summoner name was Adolf Hitler, according to the last case. And apparently this is banworthy?

This isnt me, I am ConcreteTomatoes. But i find this pretty silly.. His name is the same as an infamous political figure. That's it. By no means does this mean he idolizes the figure, or shares his beliefs (which is fine if he does, anyhow, as long as he isn't promoting racism in-game). If his name was FkJewz420 i would have laughed and never made this thread.

So if sharing names with a certain 'bad' or infamous person deserves a ban, are there any other names that warrant the same punishment? What about having Gaddafi as your name? Or Kim Jong Il? Or Satan? Or Charlie Manson? Orrrr OJ Simpson? He mightve killed a guy too

Honestly I dont believe 'Adolf Hitler' is inappropriate. I have seen inappropriate names, this is not one of them. This is just a man.

Hitler couldve been a pretty cool guy for all I know, He was just some political leader involved in a couple wars over 60 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzGeuNAoMY

EDIT: meanwhile, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5985362/
and http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5942960/

Both get pardoned with strong majority

gg tribunal

TheMutang

12-01-2012

People fail to realize that he was a great leader and actually discovered a lot of medicines.

Ogdain

12-01-2012

Riot should just change his name to NevilleChamberlain

spciytaco69r

12-01-2012

So you're saying we need to invade Iran?

TheRazoth

12-01-2012

Quote:
ConcreteTomatoes:

First off, its nice that the tribunal doesnt even say what the name is, so you have to rely on additional comments

When you report for "Inappropriate Name" the tribunal appends a note that has the name in question.

auralzz

12-01-2012

I wouldn't punish the name but his behavior was slightly vulgar.

LostLaneWonGame

12-01-2012

Putting a supposition out there, and I know that it's not the most proper thing in a historical debate, but it's not a far stretch to say that being rejected from the Vienna Academy of Arts was what caused his rise as dictator. He could have been a great artist if he didn't become jaded and spend time in the German slums, then enlist in WWI.

Maharero

12-01-2012

He's not really toxic in any of those cases and I think the ban is unwarranted, agree with OP.

Ogdain

12-01-2012

Quote:
LostLaneWonGame:
Putting a supposition out there, and I know that it's not the most proper thing in a historical debate, but it's not a far stretch to say that being rejected from the Vienna Academy of Arts was what caused his rise as dictator. He could have been a great artist if he didn't become jaded and spend time in the German slums, then enlist in WWI.

Yeah and if I'd been born with a better throwing arm I'd have been an NFL quarterback rather than a forum troll. See Riot, it's not my fault!

Rivér

12-01-2012

Is offensive 2 jews