Ask Riven [Thread 2]

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

05-29-2014

I honestly don't know why I'm doing this. I have more beneficial and necessary things to do with my time. However, the summoners say I have quite a few fans. I suppose part of me is curious to know what people wish to ask of me. I don't know, but, if you've got anything you want to know-- Actually, not anything.

I'd rather not get into personal matters...

Ask your questions, Summoners.

- Riven

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Important posts/FAQ's
First Thread

The Bunny Suit
Riven and Yasuo
Riven's Timeline
Life on the Streets
Riven's Ki
What happened at Coeur?
Riven's Early Years - [Part 1] - [Part 2] - [Part 3]
Riven's Training - [Part 1] - [part 2] - [Part 3] - The Gauntlet

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Current Sparring Challengers
[1] ---
[2] ---
[3] ---
[4] ---
[5] ---

((This is a continuation of the original "Ask Riven" thread, not a reboot. Everything is still canon as before. I just wanted to have better control over my thread so I could make changes. Yes, this is the same RPer, same Riven, new thread. Also, please remember that I like to run this as an "Ask" Column. Which means that I'd prefer to have letters being sent to Riven. If you'd like to have a face-to-face RP with Riven instead, please ask me first before you have your character barge into her home or simply assume I will want to RP face to face at that time. Thank you! ^ ^))

Ask Riven

05-29-2014

((And so we begin fresh. Now with an FAQ and important headcanon bits. Hope you enjoy. I left out the period headcanons for your sake, but they do exist.))

Kuronan

05-29-2014

(( I look forward to reading your roleplay Riven, and may your new thread be blessed with excellent roleplayers. ))

Ask Riven

05-29-2014

((I'm the same Riven, in case anyone thought otherwise. Same Riven, same RPer, new thread. Posts just couldn't get edited anymore in the old thread, and I wanted to be able to show all the work I've done for Riven's headcanon, and be able to answer some commonly-asked questions. So, yeah.))

Ask Quinn n Val

05-29-2014

Dear Riven,

When would be the best time for my next visit? I'll be at the institute next week for a while and was hoping to stop by.

Best regards, your friend Quinn.

Ask Riven

05-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Quinn n Val View Post
Dear Riven,

When would be the best time for my next visit? I'll be at the institute next week for a while and was hoping to stop by.

Best regards, your friend Quinn.
Quinn,

Sometime next week would be fine. I'll keep my schedule clear as much as I can, but you know how things are. We'll have lots of things to discuss, I'm sure. Take care until then.

- Riven

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Katarina didn't truly understand just how correct her words were. Though she chuckled, there was no way to know how easy it was for her to hurt the woman sleeping soundly in her lap. The trust she'd built with Riven, their friendship, their closeness and security, all of it was a tender, fragile thing. For all her strength, Riven still had her many insecurities and imperfections, her quirks and her habits. The redhead wouldn't know the half of them, because she'd never really spent time with her as Quinn had done. Even still, much of what Quinn knew didn't even scratch the surface of just how deep and troubled Riven's thoughts and issues went.

But, for the moment, Riven seemed content to lay in Katarina's lap, before, after a few more minutes, she finally woke up. her eyes snapped open and she sat bolt upright, looking around and fixing her hair with a few fingers.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to fall asleep. I haven't been sleeping very well and...I was comfortable."
Katarina pulled her hand back when Riven's lips moved and she spoke out. "That's fine..." She said, swallowing. The assassin's head leaned back against the headboard to rest as she rest her hand upon Riven's forehead. "I'm kind of tired myself." She admitted as Riven sat up and away from her, her gaze lowering but her head remained where it was.

Ask Riven

05-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Katarina pulled her hand back when Riven's lips moved and she spoke out. "That's fine..." She said, swallowing. The assassin's head leaned back against the headboard to rest as she rest her hand upon Riven's forehead. "I'm kind of tired myself." She admitted as Riven sat up and away from her, her gaze lowering but her head remained where it was.
Riven didn't say anything to the redhead for a while after she flopped down onto her bed. She simply sat in silence, her eyes still showing signs of sleeplessness and unrest, even with her gaze seeming distant. Her brow furrowed faintly and she inhaled and exhaled slowly, closing her eyes.

"Kat..." Her tone was soft, colored with mild worry and curiosity as she continued. "...What is it you want from me?" Another moment of silence passed, but not long enough to suggest to the redhead that Riven was finished speaking. She turned her head to meet the assassin's gaze. "From this...partnership, whatever name you wish to call it. What are you looking for?"

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Riven didn't say anything to the redhead for a while after she flopped down onto her bed. She simply sat in silence, her eyes still showing signs of sleeplessness and unrest, even with her gaze seeming distant. Her brow furrowed faintly and she inhaled and exhaled slowly, closing her eyes.

"Kat..." Her tone was soft, colored with mild worry and curiosity as she continued. "...What is it you want from me?" Another moment of silence passed, but not long enough to suggest to the redhead that Riven was finished speaking. She turned her head to meet the assassin's gaze. "From this...partnership, whatever name you wish to call it. What are you looking for?"
"Hmmn...?" Katarina hummed as Riven spoke to her, but the question that the Exile shot at her caused her to go silent. "What... it is I want...?" She said softly, and after a few silent moments of thought, closed her eyes.

"I want someone... to be with." She said simply. "Not just that but... someone to rely on. To be there for me." Katarina's voice was soft, but more so then that... it sounded vulnerable.

"I want someone to love." She let that word sink in for a moment. "To hold, to kiss, to fight with, to make up with, to challenge. To spend my life with." Katarina's tired and exhausted gaze dropped down to Riven, "Someone strong... dedicated to honor and family." The redhead's gaze went upward to the ceiling once more. "I want... what my father and mother had." She said with a hint of a quiver in her voice, and her hand grabbing Riven's softly, and just held it.

"I just..." Katarina paused for a moment, pulling Riven's hand up, and pressed it between her breasts, so that she could feel the assassins heart beating. "Feel... that you and I... we could..." She let her words trail, as she blinked back a tear and kept her eyes closed tightly. "You made me believe... with that... kiss..." Katarina swallowed hard as her grip of Riven's hand tightened just a bit.

Ask Riven

06-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
"Hmmn...?" Katarina hummed as Riven spoke to her, but the question that the Exile shot at her caused her to go silent. "What... it is I want...?" She said softly, and after a few silent moments of thought, closed her eyes.

"I want someone... to be with." She said simply. "Not just that but... someone to rely on. To be there for me." Katarina's voice was soft, but more so then that... it sounded vulnerable.

"I want someone to love." She let that word sink in for a moment. "To hold, to kiss, to fight with, to make up with, to challenge. To spend my life with." Katarina's tired and exhausted gaze dropped down to Riven, "Someone strong... dedicated to honor and family." The redhead's gaze went upward to the ceiling once more. "I want... what my father and mother had." She said with a hint of a quiver in her voice, and her hand grabbing Riven's softly, and just held it.

"I just..." Katarina paused for a moment, pulling Riven's hand up, and pressed it between her breasts, so that she could feel the assassins heart beating. "Feel... that you and I... we could..." She let her words trail, as she blinked back a tear and kept her eyes closed tightly. "You made me believe... with that... kiss..." Katarina swallowed hard as her grip of Riven's hand tightened just a bit.
"Kat..." Riven sighed. She didn't like seeing her like this. She felt terrible, as she always did. She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just wanted to live her life, have things make sense. Katarina, to her, never made that much sense. As much as they understood one another all those years ago, something had been lost. It was as if they were speaking completely different languages now. Her hand Squeezed back against Katarina's.

"I don't know what possessed me to kiss you back then. I was worried...confused, I didn't understand what it was I was feeling..." She shook her head. "I still don't..." Her face showed her confusion, her turmoil, a host of other things. "All I know is that hearing you say those things about me... It scares me." She bit her lip and furrowed her brow.

"I am here for you, whenever you need me. I will be strong for you, for Noxus. I...want to be able to be close to you. But...I'm still afraid of the words you say, what they imply." She shook her head again with a sigh, lifting her hand away from Katarina's chest and placing it on her shoulder with a squeeze.

"I am so scared that I can't be what you want me to be, of hurting you..." Her words trailed off as she looked into Katarina's eyes. "I'm not good with people, Katarina. I never have been. Soldiers on the field were one thing, but the things you're talking about, I just don't think I can be her, the Riven you want me to be..." Her gaze fell along with her hand, turning her back to the redhead as she wrapped them around her own waist.

"I am me. And that is the only person I can be... I need you to understand that..."

1234511 ... 15