Facts behind the Tribunal (A guide with math)!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

12-22-2012

5) 98% of players in NA will never once face the tribunal (Per Lyte)
“On NA, 98% of players will probably never see the Tribunal.” @Lyte
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...80273#31180273

This is bull****. This statistic is based on the total number of ACCOUNTS, not players. There are many inactive accounts and smurfs. The correct percentage of PLAYERS that will not go to tribunal is much, much lower.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
This is bull****. This statistic is based on the total number of ACCOUNTS, not players. There are many inactive accounts and smurfs.
How do you know what it's based on?

Great Pyrenees

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
5) 98% of players in NA will never once face the tribunal (Per Lyte)
“On NA, 98% of players will probably never see the Tribunal.” @Lyte
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...80273#31180273

This is bull****. This statistic is based on the total number of ACCOUNTS, not players. There are many inactive accounts and smurfs. The correct percentage of PLAYERS that will not go to tribunal is much, much lower.
I think this kind of statement deserves some kind of evidence above your opinion. I do not think you have any because Riot has stated on many occasions that only 1.4% of NA players ever see the tribunal. The reason you feel like this number is bogus maybe you dont realize just how many cases there are a year? There are approx 182 Thousand tribunal cases per year (Out of 13 million players world wide). So yes it feels like the % is a lot lower but in fact it is not.

Great Pyrenees

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd69 View Post
Bravo. Tribunal works no doubt however some people (mainly living in Texas) want a death penalty to be awarded every time they feel someone has cost them a game. The Texas thing is a joke btw. I understand the frustration with leavers I really do but there are valid reasons for a DC (ie storm, computer restarts, etc). I like the research and I feel like Riot has started doing a better job 2 clean up the game.
I feel you on that one Sweeny. I was making a smurf account and my internet went out twice during two different games on the same day. I got my first ever LeaverBuster 1 day ban. I was quite shocked, then angry, then happy it happened to a smurf and not my main =). Some things are out of our control like Hurricane Irene messing up my internet that day!

Great Pyrenees

12-23-2012

Got my trukey brining for 24 hours, its gonna be a tasty Christmas tomorrow =)

Great Pyrenees

12-23-2012

5 more hours of brining then I can let it rest before I cook it tomorrow ... man I need a nap! rambo Marathon!!! then a rocky marathon!!!

I8SumOrngsNItWsK

12-24-2012

"8) In the tribunal typically a person gets 1 warning, 1 1 day ban, 1 3 day ban, 1 7 day ban, 1 14 day ban and is then permabanned. "

THAT is untrue. I never got a warning, and I don't even think a 1 day ban. The first offense, I got 3 day banned, and then the next was 7 days. Just saying. No warning, whatsoever.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

For Tribunal issued punishments, absolutely everyone gets a warning.

Great Pyrenees

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8SumOrngsNItWsK View Post
"8) In the tribunal typically a person gets 1 warning, 1 1 day ban, 1 3 day ban, 1 7 day ban, 1 14 day ban and is then permabanned. "

THAT is untrue. I never got a warning, and I don't even think a 1 day ban. The first offense, I got 3 day banned, and then the next was 7 days. Just saying. No warning, whatsoever.
It is possible that you simply did not notice your warning and 1 day ban. Be careful man. Statistically people who get more than a 1 day ban will eventually be permabanned.

Great Pyrenees

12-24-2012

I would like to wish all of my friends and Guide forum readers a Merry Christmas!