Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Facts behind the Tribunal (A guide with math)!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

12-15-2012

So far I have found 1 judge with 54 permabans hes running a test doing 100% punish.

Great Pyrenees

12-16-2012

Quote:
Great Pyrenees:
So far I have found 1 judge with 54 permabans hes running a test doing 100% punish.

I am dissapointed. It turns out this person photoshpped their page, they do not have 54 permabans.

Great Pyrenees

12-16-2012

Oh some good news today Riot is gonna rework Senj its about time, she needs too many items currently to work as a laner or a jungler.

slayersamelia

12-17-2012

Quote:
Great Pyrenees:
I got Baron Nashir Icon day 1
"The first wave of players that got the icon first were among the most positive in 2012. However, players who are positive during Snowdown Showdown can also unlock it at the end of the event."
@lyte
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32458667#32458667

It pays to be positive =)

Yep, I got mine day 1 as well. I think it is pretty cool to be seen by the systems as a "positive" member of the playerbase.

Here's a few tips that I tend to use in my games for a better experience (not saying this will get you the Baron icon, but the systems obviously take my behaviour into account so it may help!):

1. Always start the game with a /all gl hf everyone!
1a. I'm currently also adding a "seasons greetings!" to the above... I mean, why not eh?

2. Try to keep the chat in game to a minimum. Call "mia's" and ping, but other than that limit the chat where necessary to allow you to keep your attention primarily on the game. This isn't so much being anti-social, but play your role and spend time on last hits rather than last quips!
2a. It's worth adding that being polite helps too. If the team helps your jungle by leashing then say "thanks" afterwards. Being polite costs nothing and shows your team some respect for their actions - it really helps foster a positive environment I've found.
2b. Make sure you comment something like "gj" when someone does something helpful to the team effort (gets a kill, takes a tower, grabs dragon etc.) - it may seem a minor thing, but I like to think it boosts the confidence of the player you say it too. Thereby adding to team spirit and making people want to perform even better going forwards.

3. If someone starts trolling either you or the team (or the opponents), stay quiet initially if possible - sometimes they'll get bored if you don't feed them. If you do decide to reply just make a pertinent comment (e.g. "I'm doing the best I can, but I am playing Darius solo top vs a Nidalee and Teemo so please cut me a little slack!&quot - this may well diffuse the situation, but if the troll continues to harass just leave it at that, you've made your statement and when you report (and you should) your comment will help provide context to the Tribunal.

4. Always say "gg wp" at the end and be earnest (don't use it to troll - again, context), don't respond to calls for "honour all". Take your time and honour those you feel need to be honoured.

5. Similarly don't respond to calls to "report x/all". Report anyone you feel needs to be reported - and that the Tribunal could build a case from. Make sure you add text where necessary to help the Tribunal understand why you are making a report.
5a. Don't make false reports. For example, don't report for "unintentional feeding" if the player tried but was maybe having a bad game. Everyone has bad games, similarly everyone comes up against players "better" than themselves. "Unintentional Feeding" is for those times that someone does it and it is backed up by chat logs and party interaction that can definitely say they were "giving" kills away on purpose.

At the end of the day, you are responsible for your behaviour in every game you play. Try and set yourself some similar rules so you start the game with a positive attitude. Sure, sometimes you'll get people who want to troll or be "funny" (e.g. last night I said my usual "gl hf" and had a Yi on the other team shout "NO!" not just when I said that, but when his team replied with similar "you too!" responses...), just don't let it phase you.

Be positive, don't troll and try your best in games. If you do that then hopefully you'll never see a Tribunal case against you and if anything, Riot may reward you for your attitude (as we are seeing this Holiday Season).

Great Pyrenees

12-17-2012

Quote:
Velore:
Yep, I got mine day 1 as well. I think it is pretty cool to be seen by the systems as a "positive" member of the playerbase.

Here's a few tips that I tend to use in my games for a better experience (not saying this will get you the Baron icon, but the systems obviously take my behaviour into account so it may help!):

1. Always start the game with a /all gl hf everyone!
1a. I'm currently also adding a "seasons greetings!" to the above... I mean, why not eh?

2. Try to keep the chat in game to a minimum. Call "mia's" and ping, but other than that limit the chat where necessary to allow you to keep your attention primarily on the game. This isn't so much being anti-social, but play your role and spend time on last hits rather than last quips!
2a. It's worth adding that being polite helps too. If the team helps your jungle by leashing then say "thanks" afterwards. Being polite costs nothing and shows your team some respect for their actions - it really helps foster a positive environment I've found.
2b. Make sure you comment something like "gj" when someone does something helpful to the team effort (gets a kill, takes a tower, grabs dragon etc.) - it may seem a minor thing, but I like to think it boosts the confidence of the player you say it too. Thereby adding to team spirit and making people want to perform even better going forwards.

3. If someone starts trolling either you or the team (or the opponents), stay quiet initially if possible - sometimes they'll get bored if you don't feed them. If you do decide to reply just make a pertinent comment (e.g. "I'm doing the best I can, but I am playing Darius solo top vs a Nidalee and Teemo so please cut me a little slack!&quot - this may well diffuse the situation, but if the troll continues to harass just leave it at that, you've made your statement and when you report (and you should) your comment will help provide context to the Tribunal.

4. Always say "gg wp" at the end and be earnest (don't use it to troll - again, context), don't respond to calls for "honour all". Take your time and honour those you feel need to be honoured.

5. Similarly don't respond to calls to "report x/all". Report anyone you feel needs to be reported - and that the Tribunal could build a case from. Make sure you add text where necessary to help the Tribunal understand why you are making a report.
5a. Don't make false reports. For example, don't report for "unintentional feeding" if the player tried but was maybe having a bad game. Everyone has bad games, similarly everyone comes up against players "better" than themselves. "Unintentional Feeding" is for those times that someone does it and it is backed up by chat logs and party interaction that can definitely say they were "giving" kills away on purpose.

At the end of the day, you are responsible for your behaviour in every game you play. Try and set yourself some similar rules so you start the game with a positive attitude. Sure, sometimes you'll get people who want to troll or be "funny" (e.g. last night I said my usual "gl hf" and had a Yi on the other team shout "NO!" not just when I said that, but when his team replied with similar "you too!" responses...), just don't let it phase you.

Be positive, don't troll and try your best in games. If you do that then hopefully you'll never see a Tribunal case against you and if anything, Riot may reward you for your attitude (as we are seeing this Holiday Season).

I think this is a excellent guide to being a positive person and anyone who ever got in trouble by the tribunal should read it. It takes effort to be a positive person because it is so easy to rage at people you dont know and will never meet. I think this is probably why some people have difficulty adjustding. I am glad you got your Baron Icon Velore it shows your a positive person. The funny thing is my second account got it day 1 also. I only play it 1 game a day.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-17-2012

So... I feel like this should be added to the FAQ:

Quote:
Lyte:
First, keep it constructive.

Secondly, I have no idea why people assume having a Tribunal is 'cheaper' for Riot. It's more expensive. We still have a full Player Support team that reviews Tribunal cases and we also have a full development team that has to maintain the Tribunal and develop new features for it.

If you want to argue about the Tribunal, let's have a discussion about it. Randomly saying it is cheaper or it's about money is basically the opposite of the truth.

Exentrick

12-18-2012

This would serve well in the Tribunal subforum as a Sticky.

slayersamelia

12-18-2012

Quote:
GodAwfulPlayer:
This would serve well in the Tribunal subforum as a Sticky.

You're not wrong there! I think my copy/paste keys are getting tired linking this to all the poorly written "i'm innocent guv'ner twas the other guy" posts in the Tribunal.

Seriously, Great Pyrenees has done a great thing in compiling this thread - but the information is out there anyway it is just people would rather ignore it when it doesn't suit their opinion.

You wouldn't believe the amount of posts I read where people still assume Tribunal voters still receive IP for voting...

Getsuei

12-18-2012

I still do not agree with number 6 Great Pyre =p Otherwise there would be no need for an appeal system.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2493800

IV. NOTABLE MYTHS ABOUT TRIBUNAL
10. Myth: You can't defend yourself against punishments from Tribunal. - Fact: There are two very easy ways to defend yourself against punishment. One is to read this guide to understand what punishable behavior is (so you can avoid behaving the wrong way) and the other is to contact Riot Support to fix your record if you have been wrongfully punished (which is actually quite rare despite the number of complaints one sees on the forum).

Great Pyrenees

12-18-2012

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
So... I feel like this should be added to the FAQ:

I added it my friend. Thank you for the great reference! All credit to you =)