Old TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKillerx101

11-30-2012

Please go back to the Old TT, the new TT sucks and it wont let me play 3v3 and its really pissing me of , so May You please go back to the Old TT, it would mean a lot to me and alot of other people, So riot games please go back to the Old TT

Nykidemus

11-30-2012

Can we at least have both?

PurpleURP

12-01-2012

its never going to happen, riot doesnt care about us. please ask for attainable changes like a 3s ranked solo queue and getting 3s ranked team borders for 3s normal queues

Mr Mystical

12-01-2012

I don't miss the old TT at all -- in fact since the new TT came out it's pretty much all I play. I think it's the best LoL map in the game now.

Sephrinx

12-01-2012

I'm not going to lie. I thought the same thing when I first started playing the new TTL. I didn't like it at all. It wasn't fun to me and it was too imbalanced. I was having a hard time getting to understand it, knowing what items to build and I was quite overwhelmed.

But, now, I am loving it. It's way more fun than the old TTL, imo. It's really intense, especially when you do ranked. Me and a couple friends have been playing a lot of the new TTL. We have been doing very well and just reached gold last night. I've only played about 20 total games of TTL, and 11 of them have been ranked. Check it out, we are on a roll.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23499143

Give it a chance man, it really is a lot of fun. I didn't like it at first, but now I might actually like it more than SR. Not saying I don't like the old TTL, it's just a lot different now than it was. I love this new map, good job riot. Having both maps wouldn't be bad and I would have no qualms with that. But I, personally, prefer the new ttl.

Alpha Q23

12-02-2012

I have given it a chance. Because of giving it a chance I decided to uninstall since Riot doesn't care about the Hardcore Twisted Treeline fans it seems. I'm glad people like this new map but I would prefer it if Riot had both maps running as it would only increase their customer satisfaction, and would not harm them in any way.

Right now the harm being done to them is not enough to be noticed. They have probably gained back the 3v3 population they lost with this change. If Twisted Treeline came back and they renamed this new map to Shadow Isles they would regain the old Twisted Treeline community that they lost. Again you probably wouldn't notice it if you are playing on this new map. Que times if anything will be longer for the True/old Twisted Treeline map than Shadow Isles.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q23 View Post
I have given it a chance. Because of giving it a chance I decided to uninstall since Riot doesn't care about the Hardcore Twisted Treeline fans it seems. I'm glad people like this new map but I would prefer it if Riot had both maps running as it would only increase their customer satisfaction, and would not harm them in any way.

Right now the harm being done to them is not enough to be noticed. They have probably gained back the 3v3 population they lost with this change. If Twisted Treeline came back and they renamed this new map to Shadow Isles they would regain the old Twisted Treeline community that they lost. Again you probably wouldn't notice it if you are playing on this new map. Que times if anything will be longer for the True/old Twisted Treeline map than Shadow Isles.
Whoa drama.

So you gave it a chance and quit? It's still in beta and Riot is listening to suggestions however they said and gave reasons why they would NOT allow two TT maps (most of these posts just beg for the old map back without actually putting any argument forth other then 'bring back the old map cuz I like it!'. My counter argument is 'keep the new map cuz I like it!' and it's just as good an argument.

You quit in the midst of the beta for a map you dearly love? Goodbye then, you obviously don't even care that much at all. The old TT was highly flawed and exploitable (and lol if you deny that: a rework was needed, big time) and there were quite a few unfun factors in it and it was extremely limited for potential. The new TT does need a lot of work, no doubt. That's why there have been changes on it each patch since it came out (Riot not listening, really??)

Also, most of the people begging for change WERE old school tt players.

Reworks happen. It happens to champions and it happens to maps, it happens to masteries (and SR jungle every season) too. The best solution is to get over it and try to help balance the new map instead of showering the forums with these sad, pointless posts that dont help in any way.

Edit: just realized I responded to someone I just talked to the other day, oh well. If you really quit TT please just go, you are adding nothing to help matters. I've been trying to understand the side of the old school tt players and to be honest its just been a disappointing argument that always ends with 'I want old tt!!!' despite the massive thread in which Riot said something along the lines of 'we realize a lot of you want the old TT back, but we thought about it and decided not to' and then they gave good reasons why.

Maybe we should make two forums too, one for people who care about balancing the new map, and the people who want to think about the old days.

IceHound

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
Whoa drama.

So you gave it a chance and quit? It's still in beta and Riot is listening to suggestions however they said and gave reasons why they would NOT allow two TT maps (most of these posts just beg for the old map back without actually putting any argument forth other then 'bring back the old map cuz I like it!'. My counter argument is 'keep the new map cuz I like it!' and it's just as good an argument.

You quit in the midst of the beta for a map you dearly love? Goodbye then, you obviously don't even care that much at all. The old TT was highly flawed and exploitable (and lol if you deny that: a rework was needed, big time) and there were quite a few unfun factors in it and it was extremely limited for potential. The new TT does need a lot of work, no doubt. That's why there have been changes on it each patch since it came out (Riot not listening, really??)

Also, most of the people begging for change WERE old school tt players.

Reworks happen. It happens to champions and it happens to maps, it happens to masteries (and SR jungle every season) too. The best solution is to get over it and try to help balance the new map instead of showering the forums with these sad, pointless posts that dont help in any way.

Edit: just realized I responded to someone I just talked to the other day, oh well. If you really quit TT please just go, you are adding nothing to help matters. I've been trying to understand the side of the old school tt players and to be honest its just been a disappointing argument that always ends with 'I want old tt!!!' despite the massive thread in which Riot said something along the lines of 'we realize a lot of you want the old TT back, but we thought about it and decided not to' and then they gave good reasons why.

Maybe we should make two forums too, one for people who care about balancing the new map, and the people who want to think about the old days.
Frankly the only one being dramatic is you, this new map is horrible and isn't like the old one. The only thing that's the same is the fact it has 3 players and 2 lanes, otherwise it's a new map, and when I say this I'm serious, the walls are more bulky, the jungle was wrecked for those dumb altars, the spider isn't nearly as useful as the dragon or even any of the minor buffs of old TT. This map isn't a revamped TT and riot didn't give us what we wanted. I want the REAL TT to be reworked, not trashed for this crappy new that only has the 3v3 and lane in common. Like seriously after this revamp happened I found myself on DOTA 2 more often because really TT was all LoL had for me to be on more often, now all that's here is SR...

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHound View Post
Frankly the only one being dramatic is you, this new map is horrible and isn't like the old one. The only thing that's the same is the fact it has 3 players and 2 lanes, otherwise it's a new map, and when I say this I'm serious, the walls are more bulky, the jungle was wrecked for those dumb altars, the spider isn't nearly as useful as the dragon or even any of the minor buffs of old TT. This map isn't a revamped TT and riot didn't give us what we wanted. I want the REAL TT to be reworked, not trashed for this crappy new that only has the 3v3 and lane in common. Like seriously after this revamp happened I found myself on DOTA 2 more often because really TT was all LoL had for me to be on more often, now all that's here is SR...
I'm being dramatic? Nice try but that makes no sense. The person I responded made a post about how they quit and want old tt back etc. That is drama, is pointless and spams the forums. Also claiming Riot 'isn't listening' is either plain lying or like I said, being dramatic (or I guess it could be insanely ignorant too). And if you have read some of the comments by the person I responded to you'd see all his posts are laced with QQ'ing over the old map, and him quiting etc without anything useful to even help his situation. Just look for his hyperbolic post about how in the future Riot will charge per game etc. Who honestly thinks anyone would take someone like this seriously. So yeah, that is drama.

What is the point of these posts when they adds nothing to help the current map. When Riot reworks a champion they won't revert the rework, they will tweak the champion instead. Yes certain aspects of new TT are staying regardless, but that doesn't mean the map can't be made fun for most and that doesn't mean they stopped working on it. You guys gave up while the map is in beta and while Riot is actually listening to suggestions.

Riot isn't always going to give you what you want all the time, like I said already tt needed an overhaul. They didn't revamp old tt, they reworked it and that could mean very big changes. Just look at a few of the past champion reworks.

Senseis12

12-03-2012

Yes, i think it would be better if at had the old treeline even better if we had both Lost Isles and Twisted Treeline. Alot of people agree that the old treeline is a great map, i wish riot would keep it in.