It's a Good Day to Buy (Let's Make a List)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhillyPride88

11-30-2012

I've been thinking lately about how I would have loved a great guide on explaining who to buy when and for what reason. Then, even more recently, I realized that I don't have jack for runes or rune pages and I need to make that adventure too.

Season 3 is about to start, and I thought that would be a great time to start comprising a list of the most buy champs for Solo Queue and the people that you need to buy to counter the current Flavor of the Months.

So...would you go on an adventure with me? Will help me come up with a wonderful list that will guide the misguided souls? To get everyone started, I will just post an example, all of the numbers completely subjective...just putting it out there.

Example List
1.) Ezreal (He is the standard in ADCing, great win rate and dominates most ADCs)
2.) Katarina (A Solo Queue monster capable of carrying even the worst of teams)
3.) Amumu (Post 6, can easily control teamfights)
4.) Rumble (Mana, shmana...it's all about heat. With a shield and ability sustain, he's a tough cookie)
5.) Kassadin (Not an autolock pick, but counters most mids, great counterpick)
6.) Graves (Counters Ezreal, and is pretty damn good himself)

So yeah...let's start prepping for Season 3 and help out those confused people that are stuck buying chumpy champs, wasting precious IP.

lastchancexi

11-30-2012

I think right now, it's the worst possible time to buy champions. We don't know what's actually good until S3 hits, the patch will probably shake up the metagame a lot. You should definitely wait on buying champions unless they're really cheap.

Pool Party Kat

12-01-2012

Irelia. a tanky bruiser

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancexi View Post
I think right now, it's the worst possible time to buy champions. We don't know what's actually good until S3 hits, the patch will probably shake up the metagame a lot. You should definitely wait on buying champions unless they're really cheap.
This.

And honestly, I'd for one focus on making sure you've got all the runes you need. And if you've got this knocked out, start at the bottom in terms of IP price and work your way up.

Do you have all of the 450 champions?
Do you have all of the 1350 champions?

It's pretty easy to earn the IP to unlock all of these champions. There are ten 450 champions and twenty-one 1350 champions. That's 32,850 IP for thirty-one champions. And yea, there are some you can ignore, but there are plenty of really great, really cheap champions. Check out this list of 450/1350 champions.

Nunu, Ashe, Ryze, Soraka, Sivir, Fiddlesticks, Morgana, Jax, Tristana, Alistar, Evelynn, Twisted Fate, Taric, Mundo, Cho'gath, and Amumu.

I8SumOrngsNItWsK

12-01-2012

Not to mention, Tristana and Alistar should be obtained for FREE.

But I don't think it's wise to get champions based on what someone else posts and says they think is good. I don't have ANY of the 6 you named, and I do just fine.

I also think it's a bad idea to buy them just because they're cheap.

Buy the champions you like playing or think you'd like playing. Then worry about buying runes.