The once great map known by Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zazparoni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

The year was 2011, I came from a game called wizard101. At the time wizard101 was losing its flavor for me so I searched about for a new game to take care of my time. That is where on a you tube video i found a man talking about league of legends, so i decided to give it a try out. The main cinematic made me think this was like a world of warcraft type game so I was expecting to be pretty bored. That is untill I found my way into a character called ashe the frost archer. She taught me how the game was played, and I was off to my first bot match. I realized this was like no game i had ever played at that moment.

Over the course of a couple months I would play league and wizard101. Then soon less and less wizard 101. Untill I decided that I would try a 3v3 game, I thought i could never be good enough to play against real players on summoners rift. We ended up winning when our teamate rammus backdoored and destroyed their towers. This is when I tried another game on 3v3 and got another win. At this point I thought I was really good and I could take on any team. So I found myself in a 5v5, I was raged at constinetly and called a horrible tryndamere player(one of the first champions I bought). We lost that game without any hope of winning. This brought me to go back to 3v3

Over the course of the next year I played mostly 3v3 with a side of 5v5 games thrown in when i felt like jungling. This is what I was raised on in my first moments in league of legends. I got better and better and found myself being able to compete in 5v5, but still would play 3v3 as my main gamemode. Everyone on 3v3 were mostly friends so there was little raging, and there was no meta you had to fit in. It was truly the greatest time i had playing league of legends.

Then just recently I was told Twisted Treeline was getting a revamp, this is when I was a tad bit reluctant but decided it is worth a try at least. The moment it came out i tried out 2 games and lost both by landslides, and my team raging like it was going out of style. This is truly when a sparkle of league of legends left my eyes. I decided I just needed more time to get used to the game mode, but sadly I could never find that twinkle to return. That is when i was faced with the choice of playing more and more summoners rift. Which I just could not stand, you were forced to follow a meta, and pick champions that fit or you were instantly reported and your team trolled until you lost. This is when I truly thought I might quit the game, the lowest time in my league of legends career.

It has taken time and i've slowly recovered. But I honestly get a tear in my eye whenever i think of fun times I had learning the game of 3v3. It was a place where everyone was friends,don't get me wrong it had its fair share of ragers, but no where near the amount in summoners rift. It was a place to try new builds, new champions you bought. A place that you could play with friends and do the most off the wall things, all while having a fun time.
Just thinking back on the days makes me dream of the days. Now it will only be a figment of my imagination.

My only want from riot as a company, is to bring me back my map. If it is only to be in custom games so be it. I would take less ip over summoners rift any day of the week. Please do not downvote and yell the new one is more balanced, I'm sure it actually might be. But i miss the atmosphere of the old twisted treeline.

Please bring back the TwistedTreeline

tl;dr: Bring back the old twisted treeline map, even if its only a custom

KillstealxBray

11-30-2012

I for one loved the old Twisted Treeline. Bring it back!

Nykidemus

11-30-2012

^

Kohrylite

11-30-2012

YES. Make old TT a custom option! It's better than not having it at all!

Shadowkrag

11-30-2012

I still believe Shaco is OP on the new TT crazy deathbrush and clone pushing lanes has so much control on a little map T^T
i like the new TT but bring the old one back :_(

Eloquid

12-01-2012

+1 Keep the both maps.

PurpleURP

12-01-2012

It's never going to happen, we've tried but riot doesnt care. Please start threads about getting a 3s ranked solo queue and getting s2 ranked 3s banners on 3s solo queues. Those are the only possible positive changes going forward.

WillWW

12-01-2012

I kinda stopped reading after you said you came from wizard 101

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Riot needs to care, don't give up the good fight make sure we stay heard! The official petition for old TT is still strong as ever they can't ignore us forever.

iWillRise

12-01-2012

bump