Really getting tired of the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Igrabhands

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
Just because I break the summoner's code doesn't mean I deserve a ban.
Yes, actually. Yes it does.

Quote:
When you drive, I'm sure you speed, but do you deserve to go straight to jail? No. The same thing applies here.
Well, ignoring the fact that Riot does not try to completely copy the American Justice system, the same thing actually does apply here. If you speed, you get a ticket. Keep speeding, and they take your license away. Drive without a license and you could end up in some serious trouble. Doesn't this kinda sounds like the "day ban, week ban, perma ban" thing riot has going on?

Quote:
What bothers me the most is that after trying to talk to staff, I get stupid generic responses from them.
Yes, because they have jobs to do and don't have the time to cater to the every want of someone who refuses to accept the fact he was being a jerk and should just learn and move on.

Quote:
In all them matches I was a jerk, I was instigated (again, doesn't make what I did right), but I can guarantee you I was the only one banned.
Actually, funnily enough, you can't guarantee that.

Quote:
The Tribunal system is COMPLETE garbage. Most of the people who vote in it are young kids who automatically think "Oh, they're in the Tribunal cause they should be banned. AUTO PUNISH!" And boom, suspensions happen.
I remember reading somewhere that most people, in fact, do not auto punish like many trolls like to believe. I'm not 100% sure on that one, but just putting it out there.

LogicalTautology

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igrabhands View Post
I remember reading somewhere that most people, in fact, do not auto punish like many trolls like to believe. I'm not 100% sure on that one, but just putting it out there.
Yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte, Lead Designer of Social Systems
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.
Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...82585#32082585

Igrabhands

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
thank you. I did remember it was lyte who posted it, but to be honest I was too lazy to search for the thread again and just hoped someone would come along with the link and prove me right.

LogicalTautology

12-19-2012

No problem.

And since I'm posting anyways, may as well highlight this part of that quote, for the OP and other like-minded people: "Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do."