Really getting tired of the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

12-01-2012

You're going to get poor players no matter what gametype you play, or whatever Elo you're at. So toxic players will plague you throughout the game. And I never said that being a jerk is justified.

On a side note, why the downvotes? Because I'm right about the Tribunal being garbage?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

If you're going out of your way to tell us that you didn't say that being a jerk is justified, then you seem to be implying that you agree with us that it is unjustified. So why are you so upset about jerks being banned?

King Reidrum

12-01-2012

You know what's great about that ELO system? Starting out in your first ranked games, people still calling spots because not everyone owns every champ. That's fine, but when I tell my team i have 2 support champs (alistar and blitz), they both get banned, and I tell my team that my only option at this point (I was 5th pick at the same time as 4th) is jungle, then the other guy picks amumu and autolocks? I'm left with no options. I had to pick Shaco to support. Worst game ever, and got reported for trolling. Then I got a warning from the tribunal. Love. It.

King Reidrum

12-01-2012

Also telling people where they messed up and how to fix it, giving nothing but constructive criticism, then getting reported because they're mad.

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
You're going to get poor players no matter what gametype you play, or whatever Elo you're at. So toxic players will plague you throughout the game. And I never said that being a jerk is justified.

On a side note, why the downvotes? Because I'm right about the Tribunal being garbage?
You said you deserved the ban yet you call the Tribunal garbage. Which is it?

I believe a permaban is next for you and it sounds like your attitude hasn't been adjusted at all. You might not agree with where Riot draws the line for acceptable behavior but if you don't accept and abide by it your account is going to go bye bye for 200 years.

chriglol

12-01-2012

Anyone justifying the The Tribunal has down syndrome. Whether you did something to violate the code or not does not matter. It's a bunch of 12 year old kids voting on **** they probably don't even understand. It is easily the worst system out there for determining a disciplinary action. Lets give a bunch of mad/nerd 12 year olds the power to ban people! Cool.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriglol View Post
Anyone justifying the The Tribunal has down syndrome. Whether you did something to violate the code or not does not matter. It's a bunch of 12 year old kids voting on **** they probably don't even understand. It is easily the worst system out there for determining a disciplinary action. Lets give a bunch of mad/nerd 12 year olds the power to ban people! Cool.
The Tribunal voter demographic is almost identical to the demographic of the general LoL population. So... if the average Tribunal voter is indeed a mad/nerd 12 year old, then the average LoL player is also a mad/nerd 12 year old.

King Reidrum

12-01-2012

Which, if you've ever seen a mad/nerd 12 year old, is a recipe for disaster.

NiceDynamite

12-01-2012

Just because I break the summoner's code doesn't mean I deserve a ban. When you drive, I'm sure you speed, but do you deserve to go straight to jail? No. The same thing applies here. What bothers me the most is that after trying to talk to staff, I get stupid generic responses from them. In all them matches I was a jerk, I was instigated (again, doesn't make what I did right), but I can guarantee you I was the only one banned.

The Tribunal system is COMPLETE garbage. Most of the people who vote in it are young kids who automatically think "Oh, they're in the Tribunal cause they should be banned. AUTO PUNISH!" And boom, suspensions happen.

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

That's the problem dude. You don't go to jail for speeding in real life unless you do it all the time. You don't get banned in LoL unless you do it all the time. 12 year olds didn't write the Summoner's Code, Riot did.

I do about 50 tribunal cases a week. The average tribunal person is very forgiving. There have been a number of times where my judgements of "punish" have been overwhelmingly wrong in the minority when I get my reports when I try to punish someone for language. What I have come to learn is that a punish in cases of bad language is usually only given when it is used aggressively towards someone. Dropping a single F bomb after dying probably won't get you a punish. Saying "F-you" is a different story.

So fairly mature people are making these decisions.

I'll tell you this, I have never seen someone get banned, link their cases and felt like it was too harsh and not in line with the Summoner's Code that RIOT wrote.