Really getting tired of the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zlain

12-01-2012

Link to the Tribunal case or we can even give a fair opinion on the topic, however, i will say, people who think the Tribunal determines if you get banned or not are hilarious.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
Link to the Tribunal case or we can even give a fair opinion on the topic, however, i will say, people who think the Tribunal determines if you get banned or not are hilarious.
This. Link the case and we'll explain it to you.

NiceDynamite

12-01-2012

there's really no sense in linking it. I got the ban and there isn't much I can do about it. I already gave you details on the case, so just make your judgements off that. At this point I don't see much reason in playing anymore. Everyone just gets so offended at the slightest sign of someone being angry/upset and it results in a report.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
there's really no sense in linking it. I got the ban and there isn't much I can do about it. I already gave you details on the case, so just make your judgements off that. At this point I don't see much reason in playing anymore. Everyone just gets so offended at the slightest sign of someone being angry/upset and it results in a report.
It's actually really unfair to everyone, yourself included, for me to make an assessment about you without actually seeing your behavior.

I'll let you in on this though. In Tribunal cases, it's not about whether or not you were guilty in every match. It's about whether you were guilty in a single match. Any violation of the summoner's code is too many violations. And if you violated the summoner's code, you deserve your ban.

I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not you violated the summoner's code unless you link your reform card. But if you've looked through it yourself and already know you violated the summoner's code in at least one instance in your reform card, then you can know that your ban was deserved.

NiceDynamite

12-01-2012

I've already stated that I've broken the code. I cursed a few times in a game, and had a negative attitude in 2 or 3 of them. I'm not trying to dispute the ban. But that's honestly not worth a ban.

Had I hardcore raged and just been down on everyone for every game just cursing my brains out, sure, permaban, but this game is completely ridiculous with the way it handles things.

Zlain

12-01-2012

multiple interactions with tribunal, yadda yadaa, get over it. I wish people would stop whinning about getting banned when they screw up and get called on their ****.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Riot spends a lot of time and effort into designing new champions, making items, balancing and tweaking the game. There's a TON of work that goes into the game.

Now, there is a business aspect to it, but a large majority of programmers in the gaming industry do the job they do because they want to make a fun game for people to play.

When you exhibit toxic behavior, be it in 1 game or 1,000 games, you are single-handedly undoing countless hours of hard programming work done with the intent to provide a player a fun experience, and your toxic behavior turns it into a very unfun experience for the people that report you.

If you can't handle playing a game without ruining the experience of those people playing with you, then you need to try some single-player offline games. Might I suggest Skyrim? I hear it's quite good.

NiceDynamite

12-01-2012

What about the people that ruin MY experience by being absolutely terrible?

Aeshura

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
What about the people that ruin MY experience by being absolutely terrible?
There's an elo system for that.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshura View Post
There's an elo system for that.
Pretty much this.

Whether ranked or normals, there's Elo. In normals, it's hidden. If the player is consistently playing in a manner that results in a lower win-rate than you, they'll drop in Elo and won't be paired with you any longer.

I'd also like to add that being a jerk to your teammates often times does more to secure a loss than any level of bad play. Someone who gets off to a bad start can easily turn it around, but if you're busy just being a jerk to them, they'll just get mad and won't focus on playing better so you can turn the match around and win.

Moreover, playing bad is not against the terms of use or summoner's code. If you're performing poorly unintentionally, there's not much you can do to change that. It's pretty easy to not be a jerk to your teammates.