[Featured Discussion] Lets talk about the global aura.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cauldrath

12-03-2012

The main difference between CS and SR isn't the aura. It's the fact that there are 4 gold sources and 5 players, so 1 player has nothing to do but protect someone else, and one of the gold sources is incredibly safe. Thus, champs that go to mid lane or have a support protect them are balanced around not having to involve themselves in conflict until they've farmed for 20 minutes. It's no surprise that they aren't good at teamfighting during that time, because that's how they were designed. The best way to balance Dominion would actually be to lengthen mid lane in SR and give supports something to do besides protect the carry.

Also, last time I checked, Veigar had a better win rate in Dominion than Master Yi in platinum SR, meaning SR has a larger problem with champs being unviable than Dominion. It's not a perfect metric, but the numbers don't indicate a large problem.

Ichiztus

12-03-2012

Quote:
Red Crystal Aura (for the Damage Dealers, or those who built defensively yet want some added damage, or those who'd prefer to front-load damage and care less about defensive capabilities):

Increased Mana/Energy/Fury Regeneration
10% Armor Penetration
10% Magic Penetration
-5% Armor and Magic Resistance

Purple Crystal Aura (For the Tanks, or those who've specced more offensively but are really squishy)

5% Armor Increase (with a minimum of 10 armor, to offset the Red Crystal Aura and not create overpoweredness in either aura)
5% Magic Resist Increase (with a minimum of 10 Magic Resist, to offset the Red Crystal Aura and not create overpoweredness in either aura)
10% Tenacity (Does not stack with Similar Tenacity-based items)
-5% in damage (Both Ability Power and Physical could be affected)

Yellow Crystal Aura (For the champions who move slow like Darius or lack in CDR that would heavily benefit from early CDR a.k.a. Xerath, Annie, Veigar)

Increased Mana/Energy/Fury Regeneration (Only 50% from what the other auras would get, to force spammers to have to go back or grab a health relic, yet maintain a decent amount of sustainability)
10% Cooldown Reduction
8% Movement Speed

Black Crystal Aura (For those who would love more spell vamp and/or lifesteal or both like Akali or Jax, or other hybrid champions, or in this case someone like Vladimir who has horrible sustain as it is)

10% Spell Vamp
10% Lifesteal
10 Health Regen per 5 seconds
-1.75% in all stats such as Attack Speed, Crit, AP, Damage, Bonus Armor Pen/Magic Pen, etc. (with the exception of movement speed)

Green Crystal Aura (For the Support/Healer/CC types, or even burst mages)

Increased Mana/Energy/Fury Regeneration (with 20% more than what's offered in similar Auras)
All forms of Self-Healing increased by 10%, healing to others increased by 5% (Could stack with Spirit Visage)
Ability Power increased by 3 per level
-0.75% CDR/level (with no change to CDR if already at 0% to equalize out to bigger heals but less ability to spam...they'd have to rush CDR to counteract this and they'd get weaker as they level, at max CDR and at level 18 they'd be down to about 27% CDR so they'd have to build at least another CDR item to counteract this)
Don't give bonus and malus, or offer the choice of having a "basic" aura without maluses. The yellow one looks overpowered compared to the others.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiztus View Post
Don't give bonus and malus, or offer the choice of having a "basic" aura without maluses. The yellow one looks overpowered compared to the others.
Why not have the choice in buffs give a positive and negative? Offer reasoning why something like this is bad (considering the fact that if you have a choice to "choose" what you want there should be added repercussions so that you don't have OP tanky bruisers moving around and benefiting from passive stats and being nigh unstoppable or people sticking to one aura because "it provides the best overall stats".)

As for a basic aura well what would you assume to be basic outside of "Increased Mana/Energy/Fury regeneration"?

And what exactly makes the yellow one overpowered in comparison to the others? A champion who already has low CDs would not benefit from it in comparison to having Armor Penetration (which come next patch will be already heavily favored). Halved mana/energy/fury regeneration means that while they get an added amount of CDR they won't be able to spam without going OOM faster than someone else, on top of that it lasts throughout the match.

Provide reasoning in your posts, otherwise you're looking like you're just asking for something and willing to give up nothing.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

there seems to be allot of people thinking that the healing aura should be removed

to them i have this to say: I hope you get your way so i can run with a healing team

BeefJerkyHunter

12-04-2012

I say cut the % penetrations by a third.

AK47WOLF

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
If we gave different champion classes different bonuses (mana regeneration for mages, damage for bruisers, movement and attack speed for AD, etc.), would this be preferable to a single one-size-fit-all aura?
Bruisers do not need help on Dominion.

Unless you think Jax, Jayce, Irelia, Wukong etc. need help. I can't imagine that you think this.

SylianEUW

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Bruisers do not need help on Dominion.

Unless you think Jax, Jayce, Irelia, Wukong etc. need help. I can't imagine that you think this.
Most bruisers aren't that good on Dominion. Those that you mentioned, and a few more, are the exception, not the rule.

HaIfhearted

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Most bruisers aren't that good on Dominion.
What?

Ok, I need to know what list of bruisers you think "aren't that good on Dominion", because the only bruiser I could think to put on that list is Renekton and maaaaybe Shyvanna.

Skulleer

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Most bruisers aren't that good on Dominion. Those that you mentioned, and a few more, are the exception, not the rule.
How to spot someone who has never actually played Dominion.