For the first time, I'm really pissed off.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turtle Omega

11-30-2012

I'm an avid supporter of Twisted Treeline. I have played it since I first began playing, and still play it today. I'm not one of the people who complain about the changes that have been made, I embrace them and challenge myself to learn new strategies and compositions. With that being said, I would like it to be known that Twisted Treeline is extremely different from the other game types.

Unlike Summoners Rift, Twisted Treeline has much shorter games, that consist of much more teamwork, coordination, and teamfighting. Likewise, unlike Dominion, Twisted Treeline is a much smaller map with many more focus points.

The only thing I'm trying to emphasize here is the fact that Twisted Treeline is a complete different gametype and a complete different map. It should not be treated like any other map. With that being said, Blind Matches? It's completely ridiculous and idiotic. We all know the changes made to champions are centered around Summoner's Rift, simply because it is the competitive scene, and Twisted Treeline doesn't have enough of a playerbase to create one.

Have you ever asked yourself why it doesn't? I mean a deep thinking of why Twisted Treeline just doesn't have as much popularity as Summoner's Rift? I personally don't know, as it probably accounts for a lot of things. But one thing I do know is that the champions are modified to be optimal for Summoner's Rift. It's obvious in the changes. Maybe items are released to help balance things in Twisted Treeline, but the fact of the matter is champions are optimized for Summoner's Rift. I understand that and have no problem with it. The problem I have is the fact that we treat it the same as Summoner's Rift.

Why do we have Blind Matches and not Draft Matches? I don't understand the reason. I've heard the excuse, "We don't have a large enough playerbase for both", which I understand, but I'm not asking for both. I'm asking simply for Draft Matches. In Twisted Treeline, Blind Matches are rigged, plain and simply. If you have anyone that is experienced in a selection of champions, you are bound to win, simply because they are broken on the map. If you complain about said champions? The responses you'll receive are, "Well just ban them."

Nope, too bad. Can't ban them, because for some ****ty reason, we have Blind Matches and not Draft Matches in a game type that champion selection is essential to success.

All I'm asking is please, just please give us Draft Pick. I don't care if you trash Blind Pick all together. All Blind Pick does is take away from the competition of the game. I'm not really addressing this to any members of this forum, just admins really because they're the only ones that can change this, but if you'd like to show your support, feel free.

Tl;dr: Champions are based off of Summoner's Rift, not Twisted Treeline, and because of it there are some champions that are overpowered on Twisted Treeline, and enabling Draft Pick will help us deal with said problems.

Bobinatorlol

11-30-2012

Champions are made specifically for SR. No doubt about that and that is fine.

Remember this map is still in beta. This is my opinion but beta development requires as much information gathering as possible. That requires all champs to be available to play. The raw data probably shows a lot more facts then what the Riot forums suggest. If you logged on to the TT forum for the first you would probably get the idea that Singed & Darius is a 100% guaranteed win. But anyone outside of Co-op pros know this is not the case and the raw data would probably surprise a lot of people. When next patch hits they will be able to compare the data now to the data then and see what has changed what.

I hope TT gets switched to a Draft only map later on, but I am not going to get my hopes up.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

I agree. This has been a major problem. They need to implement Draft Pick and remove blind pick. Their excuse is always the same, they being Riot, "We don't have a large enough player base."
That is the largest bunch of bull I have ever heard. You don't have enough people branching out off of the SR because you refuse to accommodate other game types. When Dominion came out, player base wasn't a problem. I really think that the new 3's map is closer to Dominion than "Normal".

On what you were saying, Blind Pick is rigged. There are SOOOOOO many champions and SOOOOOO many combinations that are possible in 3s that Blind Pick is just a gamble.
Players can pick heavy AP teams with 1 tank
Heavy AD team with 2 tanks
Jungler or no Jungler (which anytime I choose smite and try to jungle as it was said in the release notes that one of the main goals of the change up was to accommodate junglers)
People can choose fast or mobile characters (Singed being my example of fast. Or Kat/Jax/Lee as my mobile examples)
All of these and more combinations. And the problem is. NONE! of them are balanced. A really tanky team is hard to counter with certain team comps. I have won so many games just because my team was a full counter pick by chance.
Last game, it was all even to start; 10 kills on each team. At 25 minutes we got an ace and I had just got a rage pot and me and the tank walked through 3 turrets and got the nexus just as they spawned?
How broken is that? That with in a well timed ace a team can end the game? We had just got both ****storm platforms, which initiated the final team fight.

Yea the new game type is fun and you can get a good game but its like 1/5 games end up with an even match and a fair game.

How long is this "BETA" so far it seems when someone points out a problem Riot answers "deal with it" "that's how it's supposed to be" "we feel a majority are behind us" or some other bull**** when all I see on here is people just asking for this game type to be change drastically.

-Keep new and old
-Move new to dominion type game bring back old
-Just completely revert
-Change to draft instead of blind
-ect.
NO one is happy with it the way it is? so far only a few item edits are the only real patches. BETA should have way more changes going on WAY more frequently with WAY more interactions between Designers and the people who are stuck playing it.

Bobinatorlol

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
People can choose fast or mobile characters (Singed being my example of fast. Or Kat/Jax/Lee as my mobile examples)
All of these and more combinations. And the problem is. NONE! of them are balanced.
I would like to take the time and point out your recent loss in 3v3 was while you were playing surge/ignite TEEMO with boots of mobility, and you rushed lichbane. You had a ken and riven on your team. You lost to a Draven, Leona, Fiddle.

This is why it is so hard to take complaints like these serious.

P.S. I don't think Ionic Spark is the best thing to build on Renek.

Turtle Omega

12-01-2012

I really don't want to emphasize the point that the champions are built for Summoner's Rift.
My main purpose here is that yes, it's in beta, and I actually really like the map--It encourages much more teamwork and coordination. But there are champions who just completely wreck the game if the player knows how to play it. Swapping to Draft Match from Blind Match would just be ideal in about every single way.

Draft Pick emphasizes teamwork and champion coordination. It gives you a nice idea of what the enemy is going to do, so they can't just drop a bomb on you when you realize they have a champion that counters all of yours.

Fallen Mushroom

12-02-2012

Quote:
Remember this map is still in beta.
There is PBE for testing and not live servers.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Treeline players want draft pick, Dominion players want ranked.