Lissandra the Ice Dervish : 2012's last champion?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HIroki Uzami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

It should be noted that the whirling dervish dance of the muslim dervishes has been the inspiration for many agile SWORD wielding characters in the fantasy genre. So it's still completely possible she'd be wielding a sword AND be called a dervish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CabecoteNA

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDryks View Post
1) I doubt they care, honestly.
2) I just made this comment because you SEE her with a sword.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Lissandra
Although Lissandra is best known for her coronation's pic (where she's wielding a long sword), in JoJ 4 you see her in the back wielding a pole like weapon...which I assume its her battle weapon. The sword its just a ceremony thing (kinda like in the medieval era where the King gaved his blessing and/or a important title - something like that - by touching the other person with the tip of his sword).
I remember a old post of Ezreal (Rioter) saying tha she was a prospective concept so... fingers crossed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrHarz

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDryks View Post
You mean the muslims who take a vow of poverty?
This is what I was referring to, Dervish in the sense of a title for someone would seem to imply that she's a religious sort. That combined with what we know about Lissandra, that she willingly gave up her chance to rule Freljord for the good of the people, is very well-spoken, and is seen in an elegant dress, leads me to believe that it's highly doubtful that she's the Starbuck-esque character we're getting at some point this month.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angry Angry Jax

Member

12-04-2012

>Last Champion of 2012
>It's early December
>Announced Champion yet to be released, Nami the Tidecaller.

Um, anyone? I'm not going crazy here, am I? Fairly certain they're just talking about Nami.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranos Tarran View Post
>Last Champion of 2012
>It's early December
>Announced Champion yet to be released, Nami the Tidecaller.

Um, anyone? I'm not going crazy here, am I? Fairly certain they're just talking about Nami.
Nami has been announced WEEKS ago and she has absolutely nothing to do with Starbucks. When Morello talked about ''the last release of the year'' Nami had been in PBE for a while, so I see no reason for him to be so cryptic (and misleading to boot, since Nami doesn't qualify as a woman warrior who doesn't care about elegance) about a champion we'd already know so much about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabecoteNA View Post
Although Lissandra is best known for her coronation's pic (where she's wielding a long sword), in JoJ 4 you see her in the back wielding a pole like weapon...which I assume its her battle weapon. The sword its just a ceremony thing (kinda like in the medieval era where the King gaved his blessing and/or a important title - something like that - by touching the other person with the tip of his sword).
I remember a old post of Ezreal (Rioter) saying tha she was a prospective concept so... fingers crossed
You mean this picture? I understand you might think this is a polearm or something but honestly it looks like it could be anything to me XD
It doesn't look like a sword, though, that's for sure lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CabecoteNA

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDryks View Post
Nami has been announced WEEKS ago and she has absolutely nothing to do with Starbucks. When Morello talked about ''the last release of the year'' Nami had been in PBE for a while, so I see no reason for him to be so cryptic (and misleading to boot, since Nami doesn't qualify as a woman warrior who doesn't care about elegance) about a champion we'd already know so much about.



You mean this picture? I understand you might think this is a polearm or something but honestly it looks like it could be anything to me XD
It doesn't look like a sword, though, that's for sure lol
Yes, that picture I dont know what she is holding either xD I just know Im really intriged to find what it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HIroki Uzami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2012

It's definitely polearm as you can see the head of it above the hammer. Who knows what exactly it is though. Looks a bit too bulky to be a spear head.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneSixthIrish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Perhaps they plan for a double Christmas champ release to make up for the lack of snow down showdown map?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CabecoteNA

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSixthIrish View Post
Perhaps they plan for a double Christmas champ release to make up for the lack of snow down showdown map?
That... Would.. Be... AWESOME


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-10-2012

The female Bad-ass archetype is coming soon in the form of Vi, the Piltover Enforcer.


12