(Champion Concept) Santiago the Selfless Ascetic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ieroy

11-30-2012

Here's my idea for a melee support champ. Since the support player mentality often means sacrificing opportunities to experience certain aspects of the game (kills, itemization) in order to help the team through buffing/debuffing and enabling teammates, I thought I'd try to encapsulate that mentality into an actual support champ.

Santiago excels in buffing/debuffing and mitigating damage at great risk to himself. His high risk, high reward play style and high skill cap should also give support players the opportunity to really feel like they are having a noticeable impact on the game while satisfying their support mentality.

I didn't include spell or cooldown numbers as those numbers would be contingent upon balance concerns. I'm more interested to see what everyone thinks of the mechanics.

Santiago the Selfless Ascetic (Melee Support)

Passive: Blessing of Benevolence – Through self-denial, Santiago redirects spiritual energy to his allies. When Santiago takes damage as a result of his own spells, surrounding allies are blessed with a small increase in health and mana regeneration that lasts for 5 seconds. Additional damage taken by Santiago can stack 5 times and refreshes duration.

Q: Blessing of Conviction – Santiago denies himself, gaining the ability to convict enemies surrounding him for their lack of faith, damaging and reducing the armor and magic resist of surrounding enemies for a short duration. Santiago experiences these same effects as a result of his self-denial. Redemption bonus: Conviction radius is increased.

W: Blessing of Compassion (Toggle) – Santiago sacrifices his own well-being for the sake of an ally, placing a shield on an ally that mitigates a percentage of physical and damage taken and redirects it to himself. If placed upon himself, the damage mitigated by the shield burns Santiago's mana pool. Redemption bonus: Shield reflects damage mitigated back to attacker instead of Santiago.

E: Blessing of Fanatacism – Santiago focuses his zeal to inspire an ally or terrify an enemy. If used on an ally, Santiago fills the target with fervor, increasing attack speed and movement speed. If used on an enemy, the target is damaged and stunned for a short duration. Redemption bonus: Fanatacism's effect is increased.

R: Blessing of Redemption – Santiago's self-denial enables him to transform briefly into his true form, radiating holy energy in an area around him that slows and burns enemies and heals allies for the same amount. Santiago's other spells gain an additional benefit and lose their spell costs while Santiago remains in his transcendent state.

Lore

The recent appearance of the mysterious Santiago has sparked numerous rumors among Valoran's citizens. Very little is known about the wandering ascetic besides the philosophy of selflessness and self-denial he preaches in the streets. Those who have come into contact with Santiago describe a deep sadness hidden in his eyes. It seems Santiago's self-denial is intended to atone for a dark and tragic past. What horrors Santiago has witnessed or carried out remain a mystery to this day.

When Santiago approached the League with an appeal for membership, his tribunal revealed that those he has personally wronged are among the participants. If these unknown participants recognize Santiago, they have not publically indicated so. In his journey of redemption, Santiago desires to fight alongside and lend aid and compassion to his unidentified victims. On a grander scale, Santiago seeks to demonstrate the virtues of his selfless philosophy to his teammates and opponents alike.Through his selflessness, Santiago hopes to offer an alternative to the greed and hatred motivating much of the conflict currently griping Valoran and usher in a new period of peace and cooperation.

Appearance

Santiago is clothed in a plain robe and corded belt, a hood obscuring most of his upper face. His eyes burn from the shadows. Santiago carries a gnarled staff used in combat. Upon activating his ultimate, Santiago sheds his robe, unleashing his spiritual energy and revealing his true form, a towering spirit composed of blinding light and cleansing fire.

Ieroy

12-01-2012

Lore and character description added. Looking for constructive feedback, primarily on his mechanics. Are support mains interested in this kind of kit?

The5lacker

12-01-2012

Conceptually similar to something I was just thinking of, actually. Risky, of course, and that risk could be mitigated to a certain degree by a high health, but at the same time, I could totally see myself using 'im.

Ieroy

12-01-2012

Yeah. I designed him with just such a trade off in mind. If you itemize for health, health regen, and tankyness in mind to take better advantage of his shield and self-damage mechanics, you lose out on higher damage potential and a better ult that you would get from a mage itemization. I think this is an acceptable trade-off that gives players a little bit more choice in putting their personal mark on the champ's play.

Do you think the high risk and/or high skill cap would turn off potential players?

XxBuffybotxX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

bump!

rainbowsasha

12-04-2012

Bump!

Ieroy

12-05-2012

Bump for comments and critiques!