So I play Fizz and LB a good bit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

11-30-2012

And every time I use either, I often end up either dominating bot lane (I support LB and take ethereal chains first; this is first blood with a Draven or Vayne) or crush mid with Fizz. Not always, but often. It's almost inevitable that someone will say my champ is OP and call me a noob. If this is true, why aren't these "OP" champs used more often in ranked? I tell them "if these champions are so OP that anybody could use them and win any lane, why not use LB or Fizz and carry yourself to high ELO." They reply that they aren't "shunts" like me or that they have integrity. I laugh.

Does this happen to anybody else who uses champs that aren't even that popular? It's a bit annoying when it happens almost every game I do well in. I'd imagine if LB was OP, she'd be more than 2% popularity. If Fizz was, he'd be more than 4% popularity.

Amélie Poulain

11-30-2012

because they aren't op

any support with a hard cc with an aggressive ad can net a first blood (so not only leblanc can accomplish this)

fizz and leblanc have problems using their escapes to clear waves; after that, they can only autoattack, which can force them to stay in lane against a pusher (which means they cant roam, which means they cant get fed)

fizz has a ****ty lane phase

they both do really good single target burst, but after their combo is over that's it

so they have very serious drawbacks that makes them not "op" in higher levels of play

Snipawolfe

11-30-2012

With LB and Fizz, you just last hit. Fizz's E isn't strong enough to clean lanes without substantial AP and levels in it. LB's W will never clear lanes if you're maxing R>Q>E>W and you don't have a few hundred AP.

If you clear lane with your escapes, then you're also setting yourself up to get ganked. If you have decent mana regen as LB, you can use your Q to assist in last hitting (like under tower, for example). Fizz doesn't have problems last hitting with his W.

Fizz has a great laning phase if you know how to lane as an assassin. If you're just looking to CS as Fizz, you're doing it wrong. At level 2, you need either W and E or W and Q. Gap close and activate W while poking the enemy a few times. I bring MS quints so that I can continually auto attack the enemy until they flee to their tower or use everything they have on me. It's hard to lose a trade to an AP mid at level 2 as Fizz if you just use W and keep hitting them. If they send a bruiser mid, then there could be problems with that tactic.

Regardless, as you said, both champs do poorly against pushers. They can't roam well. In high levels of play, people both ward and actually build defensively when they lose lane. They're great pub stompers, but mostly not suit for serious ranked or competitive play.