Rape shield laws still abhorrent (Guys lives destroyed, links)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

I'd request evidence that 90%+ of rape claims are invalidated as false rape claims, though I do agree that the results of false rape claims and the ability for that accusation to be abused is asinine.

to be honest though, male rape victims and their seeming inability to press charges is of more interest to me.

Kohana Sushi

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzi View Post
I'd request evidence that 90%+ of rape claims are invalidated as false rape claims, though I do agree that the results of false rape claims and the ability for that accusation to be abused is asinine.

to be honest though, male rape victims and their seeming inability to press charges is of more interest to me.
You are officially a feminazi.

Jesus the Friend

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzi View Post
There is no evidence either way. The only current recognized study is from Eugene Kanin in 1994(look it up) which established a baseline of 41%. He posited that the true number of false rape claims in the study was substantially higher due to the fact that many rape claims were demonstrably false but will not taken as such by authorities until the perpetrator admits to their crime(False rape claim) which the majority do not.

The 90% statistic is a current estimate based on the climate of false rape culture prevalent in the U.S. and Canada.

Women are encouraged to cry rape as often as possible and given "prizes" for doing so.
If they are caught, they suffer no penalty. This is why false rape culture exists.

Quote:
That doesn't make sense.

The most common form of rape is prison rape, and it occurs almost exclusively to men, to say that this is "unreported" (so to speak) is ludicrous.

ChoppazAndDakka

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
There is no evidence either way. The only current recognized study is from Eugene Kanin in 1994(look it up) which established a baseline of 41%. He posited that the true number of false rape claims in the study was substantially higher due to the fact that many rape claims were demonstrably false but will not taken as such by authorities until the perpetrator admits to their crime(False rape claim) which the majority do not.

The 90% statistic is a current estimate based on the climate of false rape culture prevalent in the U.S. and Canada.

Women are encouraged to cry rape as often as possible and given "prizes" for doing so.
If they are caught, they suffer no penalty. This is why false rape culture exists.
So, in other words, the number is made up? Good to know. If it's not, show me the sample data and figures used to come up with it, other than "WE SAID SO AND SCIENCE".

Kodoku

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post

That doesn't make sense.

The most common form of rape is prison rape, and it occurs almost exclusively to men, to say that this is "unreported" (so to speak) is ludicrous.
So you only take the study with a sample size of 109, which was heavily criticized for its severe methodological problems, rather than the 2006 study by Heenan and Murray with a sample size of 850, or the 2005 study by Kelly, Lovett and Regan, which had a sample size of 2643? Or was it that both of these studies put the % at less than 10%?

You should look at the Jones & Yuyuko study that found 912 out of 915 studied MRAs engaged in violent necrophilia four nights out of seven every week.

Jesus the Friend

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
So you only take the study with a sample size of 109, which was heavily criticized for its severe methodological problems, rather than the 2006 study by Heenan and Murray with a sample size of 850, or the 2005 study by Kelly, Lovett and Regan, which had a sample size of 2643? Or was it that both of these studies put the % at less than 10%?
Eugene Kanin's study is the only one widely accepted in both the MRA and feminist communities, the others have severe disparities and are dismissed by one or both of the mentioned communities.

Probably because the studies in question that show less than 10% are 100% vaginized and looking for a low number.

By that logic, I will use Stewart 1981 whenever I say "90% of rape claims are false". It's backed by a study, no?

Quote:
You should look at the Jones & Yuyuko study that found 912 out of 915 studied manginas engaged in violent necrophilia four nights out of seven every week.
That was a good study, very true.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Thought it can be unfair to the boy, if he actually did nothing, I gotta say, I understand why someone would brutally beat up a rapist.

....I'd do that myself, but the rapist would never wake up again.

Dobagoh

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Thought it can be unfair to the boy, if he actually did nothing, I gotta say, I understand why someone would brutally beat up a rapist.

....I'd do that myself, but the rapist would never wake up again.
Enjoy getting buttraped in prison for murder one

Kinvaras666

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Enjoy getting buttraped in prison for murder one

hehe.

yeah sure.

Things works differently where I live.

Here, if a rapist goes to prison, they won't wake up on the first night
(if there is anything left of them)

c4lm

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
hehe.

yeah sure.

Things works differently where I live.

Here, if a rapist goes to prison, they won't wake up on the first night
(if there is anything left of them)
Pfft, I could easily rape you. Wouldn't even be a challenge.